What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rankings of the teams

sheep

Juniors
Mario is there any chance you could shed some light on the ranking of the teams from first to last?

Cheers
Sheep

angelus

Juniors
A guess:

1. Roosters
2. Bulldogs
3. Panthers
4. Warriors
5. Broncos
6. Knights
7. Raiders
8. Storm
9. Eels
10. Dragons
11. Cowboys
12. Sharks
13. Manly
14. Tigers
15. Souths

Just a guess.

Disco

Bench
I dont think they need to be ranked essentially 1-15, just roughly (eg Souths worst, Wests Manly, Cowboys lower rage etc etc) also the teams should be based a bit on reputation too, with the broncos having a bad year, i don't think they should be rated as the 8-9th best team, because most would recognise that they are better than that and have just had form slump

PS i hate the broncos

sheep

Juniors
see i disagree i reckon it should be

1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Warriors
4. Broncos
5. Panthers
6. Knights
7. Storm
8. Raiders
9. Dragons
10. Eels
11. Cowboys
12. Manly
13. Sharks
14. Tigers
15. Souths

angelus

Juniors
sheep said:
see i disagree i reckon it should be

1. Bulldogs
2. Roosters
3. Warriors
4. Broncos
5. Panthers
6. Knights
7. Storm
8. Raiders
9. Dragons
10. Eels
11. Cowboys
12. Manly
13. Sharks
14. Tigers
15. Souths
Pretty similar though. I totally agree with the comment about Brisbane. Sure, they're down in 8th place, but they are in a form slump post-origin and are a better team than where they are currently placed.

angelus

Juniors
Yes, the Raiders have had a good run, but I doubt they will feature in the GF. I seriously doubt they will even make it to the last 4, however, I could be wrong. If it's possible with how the finals system works and the current placings, I think the two semi finals will feature Bulldogs, Roosters, Broncos and Panthers.

sheep

Juniors
angelus said:
Yes, the Raiders have had a good run, but I doubt they will feature in the GF. I seriously doubt they will even make it to the last 4, however, I could be wrong. If it's possible with how the finals system works and the current placings, I think the two semi finals will feature Bulldogs, Roosters, Broncos and Panthers.

My final guess
1st week
Panthers Vs Broncos (broncs)
Roosters Vs Knights (roosters)
Dogs Vs Warriors (dogs)
Raiders Vs Storm (raiders)

*Knight & Warriors Eliminated

2nd Week (Rooster, Dogs get rest)

Raiders Vs Broncos (Not sure)
Panthers Vs Storm (Panthers)

Which like you angelus agree the semis will be Roosters, Dogs, Panthers and Broncos/Raiders

sheep

Juniors
Just realised you cant get that happening!

2nd Week (Rooster, Dogs get rest)

Raiders Vs Panthers (Panthers)
Broncos Vs Storm (Broncos)

Which means semi's Roosters, Dogs, Panthers, Broncos

kaon

Juniors
I think past reputation should mean nothing.

A team on their way up like the Raiders would be pretty disadvantaged where as a team on their way down like the Bulldogs would benefit greatly. The game is going to be based on 2003 (playing rosters, etc) so the ability of the teams should be relative to where they finished on 2003.

angelus

Juniors
We are talking about very recent form (eg. the Broncos form slump). Before origin, Brisbane was top of the ladder. That's 2003 isn't it?

kaon

Juniors
We are talking over a whole season, over the 2003 season, Brisbane are no better than 8th.

Paullyboy

Coach
Ranking Penrith above Canberra is ridiculous, Penrith have run their race this season, they were a mid year wonder and thats it.

Priddo

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Ranking Penrith above Canberra is ridiculous, Penrith have run their race this season, they were a mid year wonder and thats it.

you tool we are ahead of your team, u can't see we are worse then you and still be 2 points behind us......i thin ur jealous of the fact penrith are going to win the minor premiership.

angelus

Juniors
The fact that Penrith will win the minor premiership illustrates that they've had a great season and have won more games then anyone else, including Canberra. It's funny hearing biased supporters like Paullyboy, always good for a laugh when they make ridiculous statements like that.

PJ Marshal

Coach
Teams should be ranked by players abilities therefore the more skilled players in your team the higher your team will be placed, so that means teams like Newcastle, Parramatta and Brisbane would be higher up the ladder than they are in this seasons comp

kaon

Juniors
angelus said:
The fact that Penrith will win the minor premiership illustrates that they've had a great season and have won more games then anyone else, including Canberra. It's funny hearing biased supporters like Paullyboy, always good for a laugh when they make ridiculous statements like that.

What happened to your Brisbane argument champ?