What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

After seeing how this has panned out and seeing how the "Media" have acted in this whole saga from the other side, I must say I have new empathy for the Bulldogs, one I didn't have before.

And by seeing the Bulldogs fans here and your reaction....you could be saying "We told you so" but have been well above that. You could be kicking us while we are down, but you haven't........

Note: Also the fact the "media" only concern is to use anything to do with the Tigers to sell their story, not once have I seen any real concern for the actual girl, she is a pawn in this as much as any innocent bystander to them. Hopefully in the end the girl will have nothing to worry about and her concerns will be settled for her as she is the first main concern, then the rests takes care of itself.

eelsrocks

Juniors
i have to agree on that 1. I too have found respect for bulldogs and their fans when the media were all over Parra ealier this year. While all the other clubs' fans kicking us when we were down, bulldogs fans were the only ones offered understanding and support.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We're not looking for retribution or understanding or respect though... we, along with 14 other clubs fans, want these blemishes on the game, come they from the media or otherwise, to disappear. It affects all of us.

Nook

Bench
Gotta say, I've got a new respect for the Doggies fans too.

Being a Tigers fan during the Lamb era wasn't great but nothing really compares to this sort of allegation/event. Pulled on a Tigers hat this morning (like I do every other day) and actually thought twice about what people would think when they saw it. Can't imagine what it has been like for the Dogs fans given the bungled Coffs stuff.

The Preacher

First Grade
Time for another Siro said:
After seeing how this has panned out and seeing how the "Media" have acted in this whole saga from the other side, I must say I have new empathy for the Bulldogs, one I didn't have before.
And by seeing the Bulldogs fans here and your reaction....you could be saying "We told you so" but have been well above that. You could be kicking us while we are down, but you haven't........
Note: Also the fact the "media" only concern is to use anything to do with the Tigers to sell their story, not once have I seen any real concern for the actual girl, she is a pawn in this as much as any innocent bystander to them. Hopefully in the end the girl will have nothing to worry about and her concerns will be settled for her as she is the first main concern, then the rests takes care of itself.

Well said TFA Sirro, correct on all counts. :clap:

mattyg

Bench
Thanks guys. Yeah nothing hurts more than someone calling you a rapist. That being said, with the constant taunts its easy to see why someone might snap. That could explain part of the reason the dogs fans get into trouble from time to time.

But yeah, its something that affects all of us with these accusations as Timmah said. Now because of the media hype, Tigers fans will most likely have to wear the "Rapists" tag for the next few years. It sucks but you just need to wear it.

mattyg

Bench
Timmah said:
I don't think they shoudl have to TBH matty.

yeah they shouldn't have too...but they will. Its just something thats going to happen. I hope i'm wrong though because nobody should have to deal with that sort of nonsense

RainMan

Juniors
mattyg said:
Now because of the media hype, Tigers fans will most likely have to wear the "Rapists" tag for the next few years. It sucks but you just need to wear it.

:roll:

I think you are so way off the mark, its not funny.

mattyg

Bench
RainMan said:
:roll:

I think you are so way off the mark, its not funny.

Thats your opinion...We had 1 day of media speculation and people were already asking me how i can support a team of rapists etc etc etc. It just wouldn't surprise me if Tigers fans are copping that stuff now, or in the future.

bulldog

Bench
Just did a quick search on google for "tigers rape case". No surprises for guessing the resulting headlines

League date-rape claim hinges on drug result
Tigers go to ground over rape claims

I coudn't see alink to any story dated after 7th September, no news about the girls system being free of any date-rape drugs or the Tigers player coming forward to assert that it was in fact "consensual" to his mind.

F*cking disgraceful, has anybody seen any stories correcting the initial rubbish?

El Diablo

Post Whore
bulldog said:
Just did a quick search on google for "tigers rape case". No surprises for guessing the resulting headlines

I coudn't see alink to any story dated after 7th September, no news about the girls system being free of any date-rape drugs or the Tigers player coming forward to assert that it was in fact "consensual" to his mind.

F*cking disgraceful, has anybody seen any stories correcting the initial rubbish?

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=2782943&postcount=126 ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
For what it's worth the papers stopped caring about anything but Steve Irwin, Peter Brock and 9/11 Year V beginning last week

El Diablo

Post Whore
Timmah said:
For what it's worth the papers stopped caring about anything but Steve Irwin, Peter Brock and 9/11 Year V beginning last week

i'm surprised the media didn't blame League for all the above incidents

skeepe

Immortal
bulldog said:

What is there to correct? The police have not said whether there were drugs in her system or not... in fact since the initial press release, there has been nothing from the police.

Until such time as there is, why would you expect articles to correct anything at all?

bulldog

Bench
I do remeber hearing on the radio that the tests had been performed and that there were no date-rape drugs in the girls system, haven't read a word about it.

aids

Bench
bulldog said:
I do remeber hearing on the radio that the tests had been performed and that there were no date-rape drugs in the girls system, haven't read a word about it.

i read it on the wests forums as well
that was last week, nothing since though

Timmah

Staff member
He's right ink. For a media company that half-owns the games they sure don't do sh*t for us.