What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rape allegation

Bazal

Post Whore
Cool, I'm sure the NRL has pull to change each states' laws. FMD.

I like where he says don't name the players but also let the courts play out.

The courts who name the defendant. And schedule public hearings. With a public hearing list naming the defendant. And then release a public decision naming the defendant.

Iamback

Coach
Cool, I'm sure the NRL has pull to change each states' laws. FMD.

Where did I mention the State laws?

The NRL put the no fault stand down in place.

IF an offence is bad enough to require a player to be stood down during the trial then once they are found guilty they should be out of the game.

Which brings me to this case

2022 there was a similar case. TC Robati was named when the NRL stood him down, Until then it was an un named player.

So it is the NRL's rule that means the name will be public not any state's laws

Vlad59

Juniors
I like where he says don't name the players but also let the courts play out.

The courts who name the defendant. And schedule public hearings. With a public hearing list naming the defendant. And then release a public decision naming the defendant.
I couldn’t be bothered responding to him any more. Does my head in that anybody could think that a bloke who chooses to ignore club protocols over a bye weekend, goes out and knocks over 20-30 beers and grabs a female’s breasts in a bar when inebriated deserves even the slightest sympathy. He brings the game into disrepute and you stand him down till the court dispenses justice.

Vlad59

Juniors

IF an offence is bad enough to require a player to be stood down during the trial then once they are found guilty they should be out of the game.

2022 there was a similar case. TC Robati was named when the NRL stood him down, Until then it was an un named player.

What? Out of the game forever? Brown was put out of the game for a period. wtf are you on about?

Frailty

First Grade

So some facts here:
- The Broncos stood him down following the incident. I can't find any instance where it has been named as a result of the No Fault Stand down rule.
- He was then sacked in Feb 2023 following a driving charge.
- It was previous QLD laws that suppressed the names of people charged with prescribed sexual offences. This is no longer the case.
- Despite this suppression, he was named on a Brisbane Arrest Court List.

The reality is that states will release the names of people charged with criminal offences.

Just out of interest, is there are certain level of crime that you believe a player shouldn't be allowed to play through a trial? Assuming a player is being charged with manslaughter, are you ok with them continuing to play?

If a player is convicted for illicit drug use, do want them banned from the game for good? Because I'd argue that's good enough to stand a player down, but not be out of the game for good..

Vlad59

Juniors
So some facts here:
- The Broncos stood him down following the incident. I can't find any instance where it has been named as a result of the No Fault Stand down rule.
- It was previous QLD laws that suppressed the names of people charged with prescribed sexual offences. This is no longer the case.

The reality is that states will release the names of people charged with criminal offences.

Just out of interest, is there are certain level of crime that you believe a player shouldn't be allowed to play through a trial? Assuming a player is being charged with manslaughter, are you ok with them continuing to play?

If a player is convicted for illicit drug use, do want them banned from the game for good? Because I'd argue that's good enough to stand a player down, but not be out of the game for good..
Good luck

firechild

First Grade
Pointless question. You can spin it however you want to suit your pov.

What's worse for the image of a billion dollar business? A player going through a lengthy front page rape trial, and possible appeals etc? Or a player convicted of drink driving?

The point you still miss is that the NRL is entitled to make that call regardless of your opinion. It's their image
I think most people get the point you're making and probably agree with it to some extent. The problem lies in the fact that when guys like Fudge ran out for a couple of clubs, it showed that the NRL don't really care that much about their own brand. The same can be said in relation to Lodge and a few other players. The clubs are just as guilty of doing damage to their own brand so the argument about protecting their brand falls a little flat.

Iamback

Coach
So some facts here:

Yes but the club would of known that who the player was. They could of just 'dropped' the player without going into detail

Here we sit Wednesday and Taylan May has yet to be officially stood down by the NRL.

Players are in contact with children and so on. Anyone that can't pass a working with children check shouldn't be in the game.

DUI and stuff like that would be play on

Pretty sad when blokes that clean toilets at schools are held to a higher standard than guys who are good at throwing a ball around

Vlad59

Juniors
Yes but the club would of known that who the player was. They could of just 'dropped' the player without going into detail

Here we sit Wednesday and Taylan May has yet to be officially stood down by the NRL.

Players are in contact with children and so on. Anyone that can't pass a working with children check shouldn't be in the game.

Pretty sad when blokes that clean toilets at schools are held to a higher standard than guys who are good at throwing a ball around
Keep trying mate.

The NRL may not use the stand down provisions in relation to Taylan May if the Panthers have decided to do so themselves.

Vlad59

Juniors

Working with children checks don’t always get suspended for DV. In fact I’m my experience they very often don’t. But just keep making stuff up mate. Somebody will believe you one day. Maybe.

blocka

Juniors
I honestly think the NRL need to be tough with this stuff. Every year there’s idiots dragging the game down making a laughing stock of it.
don’t stand them down before guilt is proven but If guilty of anything criminal, ban them from the NRL, hopefully it’ll then help the others think more about whether to be in situations where they will end up the same.
JDB losing years of the game and not being found guilty but Matt Lodge allowed to play again after what he did is pinnacle NRL incompetence and stupidity.
most average people not into NRL thought less of it when that happened too

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Working with children checks don’t always get suspended for DV. In fact I’m my experience they very often don’t. But just keep making stuff up mate. Somebody will believe you one day. Maybe.
My year 4 teacher sure wouldn’t have passed one if they did. Used to beat the shit out of his wife

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

Point me to what State Education department in this country doesn't require a Police check and WWCC to work in a school environment?

literally every where has the same requirements

kurt faulk

Coach

Another lady who needed someone to blame because she felt like shit the next morning after degrading herself with some animal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts