What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raper reckons this is OK - do you?

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't. Noddy needs to change his ways in this regard especially with the crackdown on whinging

HardHitNod.jpg

beekershark

Bench
I don't like it, because when noddy begins infringing it always means we are under pressure, he then starts pushing the boundaries at the ruck and gets pinged, the heads go down, we lose yardage and the pressure is on. Nod gets frustrated, complains to the ref, who keeps pinging us and the entire momentum shift in the match has been completed...against us.

No coach should be happy with it, and I'd much prefer to see Raper speak to Noddy about it and fix it, than defend him in the press. But we KNOW that Raper isn't going to criticise noddy in anyway shape or form, which I kind of agree with, you don't bag your skipper in the press.

I just hope that privately he has sat down and told noddy to sort the problem out....somehow I don't think so though :)

Its the high tackles that worry me. He's going to have to change his jumping style into the tackle if he wants to escape a suspension this year.

sharknows

Bench
Well what do you expect him say " Yeah Kimmoley's an undisciplined prlck and I don't know why I select him?"

pogo

Juniors
his juvenile use of his knees in pushing players at the ruck often causes penalties.

and if he says "ref it goes both ways" again this year...................seriously

raper should give him a rocket i reckon!

Frenzy.

Immortal
pogo said:
his juvenile use of his knees in pushing players at the ruck often causes penalties.

and if he says "ref it goes both ways" again this year...................seriously

raper should give him a rocket i reckon!

That one irks me the most. Absolutely pointless exercise.

Deano

Juniors
Having a discussion with the ref after a penalty is awarded against us to give the troops a break is fine with me, but he needs to be careful not to annoy the ref so much that it's detrimental to the team.

Also lets face it, he is very dirty and cheap around the rucks.

samshark

Juniors
He is not going to criticise him publicly but whether he has done it privately.
I dont know if Raper would have the balls. Couldnt make the hard decisions last year.

Thing that I find amusing is that Raper justifies him by saying that because he plays so many minutes etc then by comparison he is no worse than other players. This is bullsh*t! How about every other halfback, 5/8, outside back and the odd forward who plays 80 minutes each week. They dont get penalised like Kimorley.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Good point samshark. Add to yours the fact that Raper attributes touching the ball ("pro rata he is touching the ball all the time") a lot to him giving penalties away when most of Noddy's indiscretions are defensive penalties.

Raper should get a press secretary and not talk to the press at all.

Shark

Bench
Frenzy. said:
Raper should get a press secretary and not talk to the press at all.

Here here...If only for the fact that when he speaks, he comes across as an illiterate cousin of Reg Reagan...

imasharkie

Coach
Raper should penalise Kimmorley by taking the captaincy away from him if he starts to rack up penalties.
Kimmorley's problem is he thinks he's better than the ref, it's about time the refs fought back.

Kimmorley = wanker

coolumsharkie

Referee
That article puts him under the ref's microscope no matter what Raper says really.....

Playing it down and privately scorching him is probably the right thing imo.

carcharias

Immortal
I must admit I hate that crap he goes in with in the play the ball..the old knee thing.
It makes him look like a little cat.
He is useless at talking to the ref....not that they will change their mind.

DJDL

Bench
Nuts and Bailey have copped a fair bagging on here for giving away too many penalties.
That puts it in perspective really.

And Frenzy's spot on about the "he touches the ball more times than most" argument.

It's like Hoppa arguing he was trying to slow the play the ball down by sticking his finger up people's dates. He had the ball when he was doing it. Why slow down the play the ball?

But yeah, I agree you shouldn't go in the press and bag your captain. Any player for that matter.

Macca

Coach
Maybe Raper is doing the old John Lang trick. Nothing but praise for players in the media, behind closed doors it's a little different.

Twice as many penalties as his nearest rival - Luke Priddis, then Raper defends him with the old 'touches the ball more' and 'pro-rata BS'.

Hookers touch the ball just as much and in some games more than the half, so that further blows Raper's argument out the window.

carcharias

Immortal
Coastal Shark said:
Twice as many penalties as his nearest rival - Luke Priddis, then Raper defends him with the old 'touches the ball more' and 'pro-rata BS'.

Hookers touch the ball just as much and in some games more than the half, so that further blows Raper's argument out the window.

Does Priddis stay on the field for 80 mins??

Hookers these days are interchanged a bit.

Latest posts