What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare Rugby league teams you may own.

Yep, there’s a bunch of stuff on line, including interview with Robbie O’davis... a UFO footy ambassador.. There’s also a thread on here somewhere I posted a while ago with content.

so if you’ve got a spare hour or so, crack a beer, put your feet up and do some UFO Footy searching....

Brilliant viewing.. brilliant reading... and you’ll be left pondering how on earth UFO footy never caught on...

DIOGENES

Juniors
Yep, there’s a bunch of stuff on line, including interview with Robbie O’davis... a UFO footy ambassador.. There’s also a thread on here somewhere I posted a while ago with content.

so if you’ve got a spare hour or so, crack a beer, put your feet up and do some UFO Footy searching....

Brilliant viewing.. brilliant reading... and you’ll be left pondering how on earth UFO footy never caught on...
I think we used to play this in my backyard in 1964. You had to call out what code you had switched to the Gridiron forward pass was a particular favourite. I called it “Football Allsorts”. Pity that as a 10 year old I didn’t take out the patent

blue bags

First Grade
my dad had boxes full of old big league, rugby league week, all the old magazines from, the 50s and 60s, 70s, unbelievable the glory days of all test matches , tours, match guide mags from the ashes tours, and France tests series, world cups, all in fantastic condition . you would not believe your eyes if you saw them , some of the mags would be 70 years old now

blue bags

First Grade
fully team signed, bulldogs nike jersey
sponsors , national telecoms front, NTG on the back,
adco constructions on sleeves
and a few more bulldogs jerseys and other stuff, unsigned

I remember going to the 99 Grand Final (yes, “that one”).. and as it was inclement weather there were some folk shelling out these ponchos near some of the entry gates…

they were clear ones but had a subtle design in blue-outline on the back, it took me a bit to make it out but they were..

Hunter Mariners ponchos. And I saw loads of people wearing em. Most likely unaware they had a big sailor manning a wheel on their back as they went into the game…

wonder if anyone kept theirs. Would be surprisingly worth a bit these days.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I've got quite a few signed Souths jerseys but my favourite one is from 1999 when I got to meet Spud Carroll through a friend. I gave him the Souths jersey I had just bought a month earlier and he took it to training and got all the boys to sign it. He is truly a champion bloke just like he comes across. I've also got a couple of match-worn and signed Adam Reynolds jerseys I won at auction through the club.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I have not a jersey, but a team t-shirt (official team kit worn by the players) for the Russian national side. I thought it was from their famous 2000 World Cup side but alas I think it’s actually from a 2003 tour of NZ.