What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate him BEFORE the game

parra pete

Referee
How do you think Tim Smith will perform against the Cowdies taking into account he hasn't played for a number of weeks?
Will he be up to it...and do a better job than Jeremy Smith has for the past couple of weeks?
Do you expect him to be a little gun shy...or will he dominate..

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Simple....fowards lay the platform he will dominate.....if they dont...he wont!

The only reason jeremy was doing so well during these previous weeks was due to the fowards giving him time and space....something timmy wasnt getting when we were in our bad trot.

cardinal

Juniors
Is it possible you are slightly obsessed with Tim, Pete. Lets watch him play and hope he gives the cowboys a lesson in skill as he did to Johns and the Knights before he was hurt.

parra pete

Referee
Prodigal Eel said:
Simple....fowards lay the platform he will dominate.....if they dont...he wont!

The only reason jeremy was doing so well during these previous weeks was due to the fowards giving him time and space....something timmy wasnt getting when we were in our bad trot.

Or was it J smith who was organising the forwards by pointing them in the right direction?

mickdo

Coach
My prediction is that he will throw a few great long passes for try scoring opportunities early, that Shayne 'I love myself' Hayne will call forward, but it won't faze him and his short kicking game will win it for us.

parra pete

Referee
cardinal said:
Is it possible you are slightly obsessed with Tim, Pete. Lets watch him play and hope he gives the cowboys a lesson in skill as he did to Johns and the Knights before he was hurt.

All he said was shook his head..:roll:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Can't compare Tim and Jeremy. Jeremy had a pack of firing forwards in front of him. The pack is starting to disappear.

I get the feeling you would love to see Tim have a shocker Pete.

parra pete

Referee
mickdo said:
My prediction is that he will throw a few great long passes for try scoring opportunities early, that Shayne 'I love myself' Hayne will call forward, but it won't faze him and his short kicking game will win it for us.

:pray:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he will organise, which we need

I cant see him dominating, he may not be 100% fit and still have a pretty sore shoulder. I broke a collar bone midway through a season and never played again that season, bloody sore for months

the Cowpats forwards will throw everything at him, so I'd just be happy if he held his own and we get a good win under our belt

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Also dont forget that jeremy was playing second fiddle to morris.....morris was running the show out there for most of the games!
I asume that timmy will take over this reign.....its not only how will timmy adjust to the team, but how will the team adjust to timmy!

Timmy has got a great kicking game, and has been training for the past few weeks! If he is protected in defence and dosent have to do too much....i think he will dominate!
Watch him exploit Ash with chip kick bombs to flying winger!

parra pete

Referee
Twizzle said:
he will organise, which we need

I cant see him dominating, he may not be 100% fit and still have a pretty sore shoulder. I broke a collar bone midway through a season and never played again that season, bloody sore for months

the Cowpats forwards will throw everything at him, so I'd just be happy if he held his own and we get a good win under our belt

He'll be targetted that is for sure..O'Donnell, Webb and Cashmere will give him a workout...Hope the kid can handle it. I would have PJ start at half back and bring Smith into the game after twenty minutes....when Webb and Cashmere would be looking at their spell....

fish eel

Immortal
I hope he sticks to what he does do well....passing, kicking organise.

Forget this running the ball rubbish. Just do what you do well Tim, and the chances to run will come.

My concern is he might try too hard.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope he sticks to what he does do well....passing, kicking organise.

Forget this running the ball rubbish. Just do what you do well Tim, and the chances to run will come.

My concern is he might try too hard.

If brian smith was here...i would be worried aswell...caus i believe that he was overcoached...and to much emphasis was put on his running game.

One thing taylor has done with the side is gone back to basic footy.....and it has shown over the weeks (also started to show before he got injured).
I think he will come into his own towards the end and suprise alo of ppl out there.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
"I think he will come into his own towards the end and suprise alo of ppl out there."
Hope you are right. I rate him as inconsistent, so his form is a lottery as for as I'm concerned.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i'm not sure how he will go,but i dont think he should start as parra pete said come on around the 20min mark when there big boppers get tired.let's hope he gets a platform to work with unlike last week as we all saw what happened last week. i just hope we win and he comes through the game unscathed :pray:

Eelectrica

Referee
I think he'll go okay. One thing we were crying out for against the Broncos was some repeat sets on the rare occasions we got the ball down their end of the field.
His kicking game will allow is to apply pressure. That pressure will in turn be converted into points. Our defence should be good enough to stop the Cowboys putting too many tries on.

Latest posts