What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate him BEFORE the game

eel4life

Juniors
I hope he smashes it this week and then next week and then the week after and then yes the week after that then again the week after that, if we dont fire in the next 2 weeks then so what ...

Timmy is a great young player and i hope he shows us all this week

Kornstar

Coach
I think Pete is right, Timmy should come off the bench.

I think he will play like a player who hasn't played for many weeks, he will definitely contribute, i just think he will take a back seat and organise more and get involved when needed until he eases his way into the game.....

Sean7

Juniors
If the forwards go well, he'll go well.

He looked bad early on because the forwards were useless and he tried to take it upon himself to do everything for us. But, if you look back at some of those games, he still put a lot of players in gaps and half gaps, but nothing came of it because we had no momentum.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
parra pete said:
He'll be targetted that is for sure..O'Donnell, Webb and Cashmere will give him a workout...Hope the kid can handle it. I would have PJ start at half back and bring Smith into the game after twenty minutes....when Webb and Cashmere would be looking at their spell....

but thats when PJ does most of his damage

robbing Peter to pay Paul

dio

Juniors
i hope he gets smashed early on , then gets up and sets up a try prove to him his sholer is ok and he can still play!

I dont give a sh*t, as long as we win by 50 and the other two teams get beat. Maybe the roosters will lift for Ricky?

strider

Post Whore
i think he'll go ok - tho he is still a player coming back from a serious injury, so don't expect miracles from him .... and he'll no doubt be targetted by Luke "I love cheap shots" O'Donnell .... but I think his good play in the first half before he got injured and some good words from JT will see timmy make a solid return.

btw - I agree, I think you have some stupid fixation with timmy pete and some weird desire to see him fail so you can say you were right, and to be entirely honest I think its pretty lame ... sorry but its what i am seeing

The Colonel

Immortal
No idea how Timmy will go. I do know this, for a few weeks previous he hasn't been his normal jumping, head wobbling self when he has been sitting on the sideline - I put a lot of this down to his injury and the fact he couldn't play. On Sunday he either sank six or seven espressos before attending the game or he had some inkling that he may be very close to playing. He was bouncing around and the head wobble was back - a very different picture to the weeks previous. He is a confidence player and I think his confidence is high - this for mine is a very good sign.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
T Smith will turn out to be a very, very good halfback for this club. IMO Jeremy Smith is, at best, an average first grader. I, for one, am so glad Tim is back for the finals

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont know how he will go...
now i know i am no coach but i would guess his instructions will be simple...

I think we may play a simple one or two off the ruck and then a nice kick to land into play with a strong kick chase... this will be in the opening stages. I would like to see timmy play a controlled game... chancing his arm when its needed eg: oppostions 20 zone.. i think he may be targeted a bit which will be good for him!

the reason why i think he will need to play a controlled game is to gain confidence

Tim has Vision.... That's all i'll say. His Strengths are his passing,organising and kicking games. If the forwards do the Job.

noosa-eel

Juniors
I had NFI he was back this week, in saying that i think he will probably be abit rusty but will get through it ok :pray:

The Colonel

Immortal
sooperdooper said:
i dont know how he will go...
now i know i am no coach but i would guess his instructions will be simple...

I think we may play a simple one or two off the ruck and then a nice kick to land into play with a strong kick chase... this will be in the opening stages. I would like to see timmy play a controlled game... chancing his arm when its needed eg: oppostions 20 zone.. i think he may be targeted a bit which will be good for him!

the reason why i think he will need to play a controlled game is to gain confidence

Been down to training again this week sd? ;-)

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Maroubra Eel said:
Can't compare Tim and Jeremy. Jeremy had a pack of firing forwards in front of him. The pack is starting to disappear.

I get the feeling you would love to see Tim have a shocker Pete.

what forwards???

its was only cayless and fui!!!!!

most of our forwards have been out and we were still winning you idiot!!

get the blinkers off J Smith is a shade of day better than T Smith

The Colonel

Immortal
jayjayselmes said:
what forwards???

its was only cayless and fui!!!!!

most of our forwards have been out and we were still winning you idiot!!

get the blinkers off J Smith is a shade of day better than T Smith

jayjay - you have been asked in the past to not be abusive towards the members. Please remember that.

parra pete

Referee
Maroubra Eel said:
Can't compare Tim and Jeremy. Jeremy had a pack of firing forwards in front of him. The pack is starting to disappear.

I get the feeling you would love to see Tim have a shocker Pete.

No way Jose... I hope the kid has a blinder and proves me wrong. It would give me no satisfaction at all if he fails to live up to your expectations. Just because I don't rate him doesn't mean he is no good. It is all to do with expectations.
He set the bar very high for himself with an exceptional season in 2005, and, imo, has struggled to get anywhere near getting off the ground in 2006...Buuuuuuuuuuuut that doesn't mean he can't... I hope he does :pray:

Latest posts