What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate Our Coach For The Round 5 Game Against Newcastle

Rate Our Coach For The Round 5 Game Against Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

possm

Coach
You are invited to rate the performance of Mary for round 5 (Dragons v Newcastle).

Ratings are 10 - Best score to 1 worst score. Voters can only select once.

I've given Mary an 8 this week mainly because of the quality of our defence during this game. If Mary can get the boys to maintain this and at the same time improve our attacking structure and plays, I think we have a real good chance of making the 8 and maybe even the top 4.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Give him a solid 7. Playing Aitken on the wrong side for no reason, still persisting with JDB as a ball playing type lock when he just isn't. And yet to see our attack do anything of note (although dodgy arsed weather on sat) when we are within the 20.
Can't argue that he's improved our D out of site and has the boys playing for 1 and other atm. Also love the fact that he was smart enough to realise Rein can't play 80 and amended that with Mr. Strange. Now Rein is shredding sides in the last quarter!

Dragonnic

Juniors
i give him an 8. Great defence against the last undefeated team and we beat them at home. Attack will come. D4L

BennyV

Referee
I've gone with a 7. Just.
Defence was incredible, Newcastle had nowhere to go, and I give full credit to Mary and the coaching staff for that (get the feeling Young played a big hand in it).

The attack is still balls, BUT he gets extra points for looking like he's using Dugan properly. Our second try showed exactly what Dugan can do when he gets a bit of space as a ball runner. Also, something has clicked with Merrin that I'm loving.

Still got Aitken on the wrong side, still not sold on Farrell and still think our edge backrowers are being underutilised. Also, the timing is still all wrong, as evidenced by the stupid amount of forward passes...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Any coach who can get a team defending like we are is an 8 every week.

Attack isn't an issue for me at this stage. New players in the three quarters will always take time. We are a young team who is playing for each other.

Thats the mark of a coach.

hazzbeen

Bench
I've gone with a 7. Just.
Defence was incredible, Newcastle had nowhere to go, and I give full credit to Mary and the coaching staff for that (get the feeling Young played a big hand in it).

The attack is still balls, BUT he gets extra points for looking like he's using Dugan properly. Our second try showed exactly what Dugan can do when he gets a bit of space as a ball runner. Also, something has clicked with Merrin that I'm loving.

Still got Aitken on the wrong side, still not sold on Farrell and still think our edge backrowers are being underutilised. Also, the timing is still all wrong, as evidenced by the stupid amount of forward passes...

Benny dont know if you seen the game at all, but the forward passes are happening because they are standing so flat and at times taking the ball from a standing start......At one stage they were nearly in line with the dummy half......in saying that it has been a good three weeks I hope the year continues that way.......

BennyV

Referee
Benny dont know if you seen the game at all, but the forward passes are happening because they are standing so flat and at times taking the ball from a standing start......At one stage they were nearly in line with the dummy half......in saying that it has been a good three weeks I hope the year continues that way.......

Yeah I know that, but it wouldn't occur if those players were standing back and timing their run better. For a team that soent 80% of preseason with ball in hand, the attack is a real concern.

dino2170

Juniors
are you kidding everybody is climaxing because we beat drug castle,
we cant attack
we have yet to see a clean line break
we have yet to see passes that stick close to the tryline

MAY I REMIND YOU ALL WE ARE THE LOWEST SCORING TEAM IN 55 POINTS IN 5 GAMES. WE HAVE THE ALSO THE LOWEST POINTS AGAINST US BUT WHO WANTS TO SEE A DEFENSIVE TEAM

this seems to defy logic as only one player from our attacking spine have not played rep or finals footy

one saving grace is that marys love affair with green seems to be over

tumbidragon

First Grade
MAY I REMIND YOU ALL WE ARE THE LOWEST SCORING TEAM IN 55 POINTS IN 5 GAMES. WE HAVE THE ALSO THE LOWEST POINTS AGAINST US BUT WHO WANTS TO SEE A DEFENSIVE TEAM

YEAH WHO WANTS TO SEE A DEFENSIVE TEAM. YOU KNOW LIKE 09-11... f**king moron..
Learn to give credit where it's due dick head! Should of put you on ignore a long time ago ;-)

2010Dragons

Bench
Defence was very good.
Attack: score more tries and stop the forward passes and unforced errors, drop balls.
Discipline : stop giving away silly penalties, especially the piggyback penalties when we had the knights trying to get out of there 20 metre area.

5/10 C+

dino2170

Juniors
Learn to give credit where it's due dick head! Should of put you on ignore a long time ago

is this what this forum is about everything positive nothing constructive

giboz71

First Grade
5/5 for Defence, 2/5 for attack so 7/10

Keeping Newcastle to zero with 60 sets in the 20, has to be a perfect score. Attitude and minds on the job seem to be right which is great to see.

Attack still needs work, but I'm hopeful it will all click around mid season.

BennyV

Referee
5/5 for Defence, 2/5 for attack so 7/10

Keeping Newcastle to zero with 60 sets in the 20, has to be a perfect score. Attitude and minds on the job seem to be right which is great to see.

Attack still needs work, but I'm hopeful it will all click around mid season.

I think you watched the game more than once...

Latest posts