What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate our Season 2020

Knight Tales

Juniors
6/10 but should have been an 8. AOB will need to be patient to get where he wants to go. There is also the concern of whether he will want to see it through. He will be in high demand when he is OC. The man clearly has the goods to be a great coach.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’ll give us 6/10, we were good enough early in the season to bank some much needed wins before the injuries really set in and pretty much crippled our chances of being contenders. Our mid-late season form was concerning given how inconsistent we were but it’s not that surprising considering we were playing with a patched up hooker & 5/8, having Brailey back next season will be massive for us.

There’s plenty to like about us next year. We made the top 8 with constant spine changes and Pearce playing like shit all season. Fingers crossed the injuries are a little kinder next year and maybe Pearce figures out how to play football again. 5/8 still the biggest concern imo. Let’s see what moves we make in the off season.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I keep going back to our Panthers game. If we had of showed that resilience, determination and urgency in every game we played it would have been us playing in the GF ......or damn close to it.

That game was our most outstanding game of the year by a long long way.

Sadly I didnt see that again for the rest of the season.

TooheysNew

Coach
There’s plenty to like about us next year. We made the top 8 with constant spine changes and Pearce playing like shit all season. Fingers crossed the injuries are a little kinder next year and maybe Pearce figures out how to play football again. 5/8 still the biggest concern imo. Let’s see what moves we make in the off season.
That says so much more about the lack of quality in other teams than it does about ours. We shouldn't be getting a pass mark for playing shit but scraping wins because other teams were more shit.

Jono078

Referee
Negatives
  • Mitchell Pearce- the decline is obvious
  • Lack of on field leadership
  • Inconsistency - young team, new systems, injury toll, weird asf season possible reasons
  • Effort- 1% efforts not there
  • Enthusiasm - often nowhere to be seen
  • Aggression - We conceded 2nd most run mtrs more than the Broncos and less than the Bulldogs

I was looking for a thread and along the way I thought I'd have a read through this one and I found this post fascinating, it's like you're summarising this year also!

Have we improved anywhere this year? Honest question.

Yosh

Coach
I was looking for a thread and along the way I thought I'd have a read through this one and I found this post fascinating, it's like you're summarising this year also!

It's like 2020 all over again! However, Frizzell has been a big plus. That short kick off to start the second half was great. Youngsters like Brodie Jones and Musgrove are stepping up. Not all negative.

perverse

Referee

Very little has changed. Watson has been better by virtue of actually being on the field... but most of the team is either treading water or going backwards.

Another honest question - how many years does O'Brien get when so far we keep trotting out the same results?

Jono078

Referee
Very little has changed. Watson has been better by virtue of actually being on the field... but most of the team is either treading water or going backwards.

Another honest question - how many years does O'Brien get when so far we keep trotting out the same results?
It's a fair question. I think he'll be safe this year unless we lock up the spoon. Next year will be it though if we've shown no improvement.

Well 2021 has been far better having the same hooker on the field from Rd1, not having 3 of them go down in a matter of weeks or even 2 in the same game
That's the thing, this years positives seems to be more luck rather than what we've worked towards improving.

Watson being fit, Brailey being fit. Beyond that, what have we done to build on last year lol.

I

That's the thing, this years positives seems to be more luck rather than what we've worked towards improving.

Watson being fit, Brailey being fit. Beyond that, what have we done to build on last year lol.
Well inversely weve been very unlucky with key players being unfit for most of the year. Ponga, Pearce, Green, Lee, Hunt, etc. Weve had little chance to settle into any sort of rhythm at all when it comes to our spine. Brailey has been the only one there all year.

We dont have the depth to mitigate that kind of injury toll unfortunately