What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the Coaches

Smartman

Juniors
1. Folkes (Just because he speaks so much sense about the current state of the game)

2. Sheens

3. Bennett

4. Lang (Cant believe no NRL club is after him)

5. Bellamy/ Murray

aqua_duck

Coach
15-Hagan, the bloke signed Brett Finch FFS, what other coach in the comp has only ever dropped 1 player due to form in 6 years?

domdom

Juniors
Raoul Duke said:
1. Bennett
2. Bellamy
3. Folkes
4. The dude who coached the Australian soceroos is better than the rest combined

i'm naming my first born son guus.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
In order of who I'd want in charge of my club regardless of what is on the roster.

1. Phil Gould
2. Tim Sheens
3. Wayne Bennett
4. Ricky Stuart
5. Graham Murray
6. Craig Bellamy
7. Brian Smith
8. Steve Folkes
9. John Lang
10. Des Hasler/Chris Anderson

Parki

Bench
1. Stuart
2. Bennett
3. Bellamy
4. Folkes
5. Murray
6. Sheens
7. Taylor
8. Brown
9. Lang
10. Elliot
11. Raper
12. Hasler
13. Cleary
14. McRae
15. Hagan

northwest9

Juniors
skeepe said:
I actually believe Elliott has underachieved given the talent at his disposal.

theres delusion if i ever saw it. look i know canberra is a sh*t hole. i live here, but youve become so bored with this place that youve gone insane.

if you think canberras team is talented, then clearly you need to stop taking whatever it is your taking, either that or give some of it to me.:lol:

Iafeta

Referee
I'd take Bellamy or Folkes any day of the week.

That said, Ivan Cleary has done a particularly good job for the Warriors this year. I think he's a very talented coach with a very good motivational manner with his players. He hasn't quite got the results, but I think he's doing a fantastic job.

Hell of a bloke too.

phonetic

Juniors
The lack of credit given to Nathan Brown is surprising. Considering the injuries he has had to coach through, 03 especially. 05 we played without a halfback and almost managed to make the big one.

He's gotten the 06 version running pretty well too, sans our halfback for most of the year, and without their captain and 5/8 for periods dotted throughout. Expect to see a more dominant outfit (than the one that only just missed out on their 8th win in a row last week) with Barrett and Head in the halves together.

He is learning how to handle the team, the media and other outside influences more wisely.

If we were performing as badly as the Cowboys, there would be daily stories run about how Brown will be sacked, on the outer etc etc. Yet we don't hear a bad word about Graeme Murray. He seems to be out of favour with everyone here. I'm not sure what it is about him that people don't rate. He would be in my top 5.

Raider_69

Post Whore
northwest9 said:
theres delusion if i ever saw it. look i know canberra is a sh*t hole. i live here, but youve become so bored with this place that youve gone insane.

if you think canberras team is talented, then clearly you need to stop taking whatever it is your taking, either that or give some of it to me.:lol:
\

your a dolt, cheers

simon says

First Grade
skeepe said:
The side has plenty of talent. It is not our fault that the rest of the league world is blind to this.

I actually believe Elliott has underachieved given the talent at his disposal.

Bwahahahahahahhhhhhh!!!!!

Funniest post ever......classic.:lol:

Talent.......:roll:

You can say a lot about the Canberra side,boring,tenacious,plucky....but FFS even the most one eyed fam could surely not say they have an abundance of talent?????

Well.......Canberra fans:lol: :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
Bwahahahahahahhhhhhh!!!!!

Funniest post ever......classic.:lol:

Talent.......:roll:

You can say a lot about the Canberra side,boring,tenacious,plucky....but FFS even the most one eyed fam could surely not say they have an abundance of talent?????

Well.......Canberra fans:lol: :lol:

nice try simon
now remove hands from keyboard and put your head back up your arse, you've got no idea mate :cool:

phonetic

Juniors
Canberra have a great forward pack IMO. I don't think their side as a whole is as ordinary as most people make out. Nowhere near as talented as the top sides though, and that's why Elliott gets plenty of kudos.

Losing him and Clinton (and to a lesser degree Simon Woolford) are going to be massive losses next year.

Bumble

First Grade
phonetic said:
The lack of credit given to Nathan Brown is surprising. Considering the injuries he has had to coach through, 03 especially. 05 we played without a halfback and almost managed to make the big one.

He's gotten the 06 version running pretty well too, sans our halfback for most of the year, and without their captain and 5/8 for periods dotted throughout. Expect to see a more dominant outfit (than the one that only just missed out on their 8th win in a row last week) with Barrett and Head in the halves together.

He is learning how to handle the team, the media and other outside influences more wisely.

If we were performing as badly as the Cowboys, there would be daily stories run about how Brown will be sacked, on the outer etc etc. Yet we don't hear a bad word about Graeme Murray. He seems to be out of favour with everyone here. I'm not sure what it is about him that people don't rate. He would be in my top 5.

Because with the quality the Dragons have, they should have won the f**king comp recently.

Brown is a pretender.

Raider_69

Post Whore
phonetic said:
Losing him and Clinton (and to a lesser degree Simon Woolford) are going to be massive losses next year.

Losing matt elliott will be one of the best things that will ever happened to the raiders. He is a dunce of the highest order, no man could come up with more farical and idiotic game plans then he

phonetic

Juniors
We should have won it last year. We didn't execute the basics in the preliminary final, bombed out. It depends where you want to attribute blame and praise.

I'm happy to say Brown must accept responsibility along with the players for not overcoming the tigers (or Penrith the year before).

It seems that no one wants to give him credit for taking the side to equal first last year though? Or for their current healthy position on the ladder. That's all attributed to 'the best roster in the game'.. not Browny.

phonetic

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Losing matt elliott will be one of the best things that will ever happened to the raiders. He is a dunce of the highest order, no man could come up with more farical and idiotic game plans then he

I guess we'll wait and see. Where will you be sitting on the ladder at this time next year?

I tend to think there are few coaches that would have done any better with the Raiders than Elliott.

Raider_69

Post Whore
we will probably be sitting lower then we are now
nothing to do with coach, more to do with the fact we are losing our best most consistant player - schifcofske, the heart and soul of our team - jason croker, our only rep player - adam mogg, and our former captain and hooker - simon woolford

Latest posts