What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate these coaches using the following criteria

Warrimoo3

Juniors
I know it’s all about winning when you’re a coach but just to make it more interesting I’d like to include extra criteria . Also , If a coach worked at multiple clubs I’d like to consider each stint separately , especially if that stint was uncharacteristically unsuccessful eg Wayne Bennett (Newcastle), Tim Sheens (North Queensland), Ivan Cleary (1st stint at Penrith and West Tigers) , Craig Bellamy (SOO)and Trent Barrett at...well any club.

Coaches :
Wayne Bennett
IvanCleary
Trent Robinson
Matthew Elliott
Anthony Griffin
Paul McGregor
Michael McGuire
Ivan Henjak
Ricky Stuart
Craig Bellamy
Trent Barrett
Brian Smith
Benji Marshall
John Lang

Criteria:

The to get a player to improve under his watch
The ability to minimise the gap between a player’s best and worst game
The ability to use the interchange bench to maintain or change the momentum of a match
The ability to build a winning roster
The ability to rebuild a roster
The ability to manage difficult personalities
The ability to be thoughtful,reflective effusive and controlled at press conferences even when you’ve been rorted by the officials
The ability to speak French
The ability to launch a 40/20 attempt with a plastic chair
The ability to repeatedly bang the window on the coach’s box when your team does something good
The ability to receive “textas” on your phone
The ability to have a female nickname
The ability to have a surname which could also be a Christian name eg Robinson Crusoe ,Marshall Mathers , Lang Hancock
The ability to be anointed the next SuperCoach in waiting then proceed to stink it up with a 16 per cent winning record .

Discuss

soc123_au

Staff member
Matt Elliott for best interviewer.

Beat Bellamy for the Raiders gig then managed to dupe 2 other clubs afterwards.