What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ratings - 2nd Test England v NZ

Perth Red

Post Whore
Test rated an average of 1.4 million on the BBC and peaked at 1.7 million.

Was it on main BBC channel or a digital sub channel?

Good ratings regardless and double what Kangaroos or Wallabies get on FTA in Australia. Shows why the RFL need to get SL on FTA to give it ten times the exposure it is getting on Sky.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Was it on main BBC channel or a digital sub channel?

Good ratings regardless and double what Kangaroos or Wallabies get on FTA in Australia. Shows why the RFL need to get SL on FTA to give it ten times the exposure it is getting on Sky.

While I agree with you that the ratings are great, you can't compare it to Australia as it has half of the population. It has to be compared with other English national teams. Love the result though, this is a special England side and hopefully more tune in next week. I'm really lamenting the fact that as the calendar stands right now, Australia could avoid England until the next world cup which is a shame.

The hottest tournament ever would have been a four nations next year between arguably the best England and Tongan sides ever, a rejuvenated NZ and a rebuilding Kangaroos.

Perth Red

Post Whore
While I agree with you that the ratings are great, you can't compare it to Australia as it has half of the population. It has to be compared with other English national teams. Love the result though, this is a special England side and hopefully more tune in next week. I'm really lamenting the fact that as the calendar stands right now, Australia could avoid England until the next world cup which is a shame.

The hottest tournament ever would have been a four nations next year between arguably the best England and Tongan sides ever, a rejuvenated NZ and a rebuilding Kangaroos.

You can in the context of NRL drawing bigger tv audiences on Fox than SL on Sky.