What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley vs Brian Smith

dice

Juniors
Yesterday Ray Hadley said that he knows for a "fact" that Jamie Lyon's sole reason for quitting league is problems with Brian Smith and that there are serious problems with Brian Smith at Parramatta. Brian Smith responded this morning on 2KY's Big Sports Breakfast by saying his relationship with Jamie Lyon and the other Parra players is a good one and that Ray Hadley should get his facts straight. (Brian also couldn't resist putting the boot in saying Hadley is not from a league background and knows little about the game :lol: )

Message to Mr Hadley: You are well-known in regards to threatening people with legal action for publicly stating unsubstantiated information. How about you ante up and give us some proof that Brian Smith is lying instead of just blowing it out your arse and expecting everyone one to believe you.

Phillips

Referee
Ray Hadley= #-o
Brian Smith= #-o

i did however enjoy Hadley's comments on parra winger Matt Petersen :clap: :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Whenever it comes to the buying policy at Parramatta, Hadley is always refering to the Heckenberg/Dunley story. He and like many eels supporters wonders why on earth Parramatta let those two go.

Ray Hadley is Parramatta fan, why do you think he is bagging them whenever they loose. ;-)

iggy plop

First Grade
Brian Smith's comments about Hadley were spot on. Hadley is a joke when it comes actual knowlegde on football and his only link with the game these days is via his "vaudeville" show which concentrates on ratings for his station and nothing else. Rugby league as a sport is treated very shabbily.

It's not a crime, but he can hardly be taken serious as a result of the show he produces.

I'm not a fan of Smith, but his comments on Hadley ring true. He is not a league commentator that demands respect. Plus his actual knowledge of RL is very limited when you compare him to other radio and media commentators. It's just a pity we don't have another commercial alternative.

His "vaudeville" offering may be in line with some people's tastes, but certainly not mine.

ParraMatt

Bench
I just get fed up with the CCT talking so much about how Crap Parramatta are. Why dont they talk about Warriors, or Souths, or Sharks who are just as bad.

He has a point though... I mean Parramatta loses all these great players and replaces them with crap ones.

For example, they lose Heckenberg, Lelulai and Dunley who were all great for them last season and now they've gone on to bigger and better things at Manly... whilst they replaced them with Pearson, Moi Moi and Katerivata who are three fringe first graders at best. And it's not the salary cap because Parra always buys more players than they lose, they just buy more shit ones than buying less of the good players.

Phillips

Referee
heckenberg was nothing special im glad he is gone, but i would have liked to see Leuluai retained

Maybe he wasn't any good at Parra, but he's killing it at Manly, he was unlucky to miss out on City/Country. If he wasn't any good at Parra, maybe that's telling you something about how certain players react to the coaching staff...

El Diablo

Post Whore
I Bleed Green said:
He has a point though... I mean Parramatta loses all these great players and replaces them with crap ones.

For example, they lose Heckenberg, Lelulai and Dunley who were all great for them last season and now they've gone on to bigger and better things at Manly... whilst they replaced them with Pearson, Moi Moi and Katerivata who are three fringe first graders at best.

Those three weren't the replacements for the ones you mentioned.

Lelulai only played 7 games last year and did bugger all.

I'd hardly say they've gone on to bigger and better things considerin they're below Parramatta on the ladder and were beaten by Parramatta at home.

El Duque said:
I Bleed Green said:

For example, they lose Heckenberg, Lelulai and Dunley who were all great for them last season and now they've gone on to bigger and better things at Manly... whilst they replaced them with Pearson, Moi Moi and Katerivata who are three fringe first graders at best.

Those three weren't the replacements for the ones you mentioned.

Lelulai only played 7 games last year and did bugger all.

I'd hardly say they've gone on to bigger and better things considerin they're below Parramatta on the ladder and were beaten by Parramatta at home.

I know there were other players, that's only who I could remember. Cannings was the only decent buy you had, and even now he's injured all the time.

And as for Lelulai doing nothing, that just proves my point. He's playing very well at Manly. Just because they're below you on the ladder doesn't mean anything, the individuals who you let go are playing well, that's all that matters. It happens every year though. Schif, Marsh, Drew, Hindy, Hodgo, Donald, and countless others who I've forgotten. Each year Parra lets these quality players go and buys average replacements. I feel for the fans and I know in SOME cases the salary cap comes into it, but when you're essentially talking a straight swap two years ago, letting Donald go and signing Peterson, honestly, how does that work.......

mickdo

Coach
Cannings was the 'replacement' for Heckenberg, who is out with a broken arm (I guess Smith should have looked in to his crystal ball on that one)

mickdo

Coach
Peterson would have been signed on much less money than it would have taken to re-sign Donald. The Richards/Hodgson duo were crap for two years for us after their injuries, and Richards lasted how long at Wests? Who knows how long before Hodgson gets smashed out of the game again...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Really??

Grothe has been going good as has Stapleton. Some of the other signings haven't done much.

Peterson came mid season, I think. He wasn't a swap for Donald.

Morris`is better than Drew.

Schif, Marsh and Hindmarsh are the only ones I'd take out of that lot.

simon says

First Grade
mickdo said:
Peterson would have been signed on much less money than it would have taken to re-sign Donald. The Richards/Hodgson duo were crap for two years for us after their injuries, and Richards lasted how long at Wests? Who knows how long before Hodgson gets smashed out of the game again...
:lol: :lol:

Go on,try and justify letting top players go and buying crap ones......

And just for the record,Hodgo is absoltely killling it for the Tigers,with Moodie not far behind........

Peterson,Moi Moi,Pearson,Kativerata,Thorman.......all imposters.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
mickdo said:

Hodgson has been smashed every week so far.

Just this weekend he was hammered about 6 or 7 times and he just kept getting back up and playing on. He is having a fine season and Parra will regret letting him go.

ParraMatt

Bench
I don't regret letting him go. We have let 2 quality Fullbacks go. Schifcofske and Hodgson, There will always be another one coming through.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't really matter whats "coming through"

We've won the club championship 7 years in a row.

How many premierships have we won with these juniors? None.

How many have we let go ? Alot

And the guy responsible for our juniors and recruitment, Crusher Kleal, we aslo let go.

Latest posts