What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley

TheFrog

Coach
On the day of stan zemaneks funeral , Carlton said on air ' the only reason I'd go to his funeral is to make sure he's dead'

Sorry , but that's a f*cking low life right there.

There was no love lost between these two sometime radio colleagues. Zemanek was a card-carrying Tea Party Tory, while Carlton was a Labor man, but there was more to it than that no doubt. Stan I'm sure would have had the same sentiments if the situation were reversed.

While much of Stan's on-air bluster was a stage act which got him ratings (and a throwback to John Pearce), he was certainly a bigot of the highest order, while Carlton is a principled and highly respected journalist.

Last edited:

Ibleedblue

Juniors
Gee I am sick of reading about Ray Hadley's personal life. He has been in the tele at least 4 times over the past 2 weeks about his divorce, life with his daughter and house up for sale.
FFS keep your private life private.

Well he takes great joy in shaming other people and disrespecting their private lives so I've got no sympathy for him and don't mind him talking about his life being in pieces.

Brutus

Referee
There was no love lost between these two sometime radio colleagues. Zemanek was a card-carrying Tea Party Tory, while Carlton was a Labor man, but there was more to it than that no doubt. Stan I'm sure would have had the same sentiments if the situation were reversed.

While much of Stan's on-air bluster was a stage act which got him ratings (and a throwback to John Pearce), he was certainly a bigot of the highest order, while Carlton is a principled and highly respected journalist.

Carlton is a grub of the highest order.

His twitter account is full of left wing gutter spew.

Brutus

Referee
Gee I am sick of reading about Ray Hadley's personal life. He has been in the tele at least 4 times over the past 2 weeks about his divorce, life with his daughter and house up for sale.

Agree. Who f**king cares what that knob gobbler does.

undertaker

Coach

Unfortunately there's many people like that (an aunty of mine included) who divulge way too much personal information in general conversations such as at the dinner table. Privacy is pretty much non-existent to them

undertaker

Coach

:lol:ROFLMAO! Probably one of the funniest things you've ever said. "Carlton" and "principled, highly respected journalist" don't go together. And like Peter Fitzsimons, Carlton's always been a North Shore union tosser of the highest order

And btw, wasn't rugby league supposed to be dead 12yrs ago? Or was it his media career that was going to be dead 12yrs later? Memories need to be refreshed here

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/03/1064988403052.html?from=storyrhs

Last hurrahs for league's dying breed

By Mike Carlton
October 4, 2003

"Yeh, mate, grand finals are different, mate. There are two teams out there, mate, and only one can win. So ya gotta lift a level, mate.

"Like, y'know, mate, there'll be a fantastic atmosphere out there, mate, but it's a game of two halves so anything can happen.

"But me and the blokes will do what we gotta do, mate, and at the end of the day, it'll be the team with the most points what wins."

There is something pleasantly familiar about the rituals of the rugby league grand final. Nothing changes. It comes around in due turn, like those other reassuring Australian festivals: the Royal Easter Show, the Archibald Prize, Anzac Day, the Melbourne Cup. The familiar cliches are unwrapped and hung out again, like Christmas decorations.

Yet cold common sense tells you that rugby league is slowly dying. Saying so will enrage its fans, who will bombard me with emails about rah-rah toffs in tweed jackets with leather patches.

But the game is now a peculiar and obscure beastie isolated in a tiny corner of the world, like the giant tortoise of the Galapagos Islands.

For proof of this, look no further than the coming Kangaroo tour to Britain.

Once, league players would fall over themselves for the honour of wearing the Australian green and gold in Leeds and Wigan. Now they are falling over themselves to be "unavailable".

Contrast this to the Rugby World Cup, the world's biggest sporting event this year. In time, league will fade and fold back into union, and Australia will be unbeatable. But it will take a while yet.

Nek minnit...Record NRL FTA tv rights of $925 million for 2018-22 (with PayTV, Sky Sports NZ, and Telstra components still to come).

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
Carlton manned up and admitted he was wrong about that after many (including myself) reminded him of it. He is a man of principles, as most progressive thinking people are.

nrlnrl

First Grade
The article is just aimed at making vulnerable people ( like his loyal listeners ) feel sorry for him & help raise the price of his house when he sells it.

yawn

Juniors
Has Hadley been missing from the 2gb weekend nrl broadcast the last few weeks?

Seems like his voice double has been there. Unless he speaks of himself in third person all the time.

Headless Chook

Juniors
No doubt he's still pining after his boyfriend Abbott and has gone to ground crying in his pillow. He is a far quit of the highest order.

Was watching The Locker Room interview with Freddy and he said Ray won't be commentating on Nine this year.

We did it!!!

nrlnrl

First Grade
hopefully Tim Gilbert doesn't get used

If watching on tv, there'll be other options - listen to the Fox Sports call or mute the sound & listen to the radio call, listen to music while watching, do your own call or just talk during the game

Last edited:

Latest posts