What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Warren diagnosed with Prostate Cancer

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ch9 commentator Ray Warren announced this morning on Triple M's "Dead Set Legends" that he has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer, saying he will be having an operation to have the cancer removed next week.

It is not clear if he will still be on deck to call Origin II.

Timmah

Staff member
It leads to an interesting conundrum for Channel 9 if he is indeed having the operation this week - Andrew Voss would likely commentate Origin, then Brisbane v St George Illawarra. Souths v Gold Coast... Joey, Tim Gilbert, who would commentate?

Timmah

Staff member
Ray Warren: I have prostate cancer

Triple M and Channel Nine Rugby League commentator Ray Warren has revealed he has prostate cancer.

Ray announced the news on 2MMM's Dead Set Legends:

“I got diagnosed on Wednesday with prostate cancer.

“It's devastating. I'm scared. But I'm very positive. By this time next week I might be rid of the prostate cancer, through operation”.

Ray told Dead Set Legends that a hospital visit in October 2010, which almost led to him missing the NRL Grand Final, was linked with the recent cancer diagnosis.

“I had a thing called prostatitis. The doctor said then there was something wrong with my prostate.

“It's been eight months checking the PSA blood reading, and it hadn't come down sufficiently.

“You don't want to leave this life when you're having a good time. And I'm having a very good time, because I've got a lovely wife and a thirteen year old daughter”

Ray had CAT scans and bone scans yesterday, and is remaining positive through the ordeal.

“I'm sure I'll be OK. I've had so many friends (that have had it) that have rung me, and they're OK”

“It's game on”.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21334

jonno_knights

Juniors
All the best Ray.

Both Ray and Brohman in quick succession. One positive is its good awareness for the male community to get these things checked out.

It leads to an interesting conundrum for Channel 9 if he is indeed having the operation this week - Andrew Voss would likely commentate Origin, then Brisbane v St George Illawarra. Souths v Gold Coast... Joey, Tim Gilbert, who would commentate?

Never heard Gilbert Commentate, but God he wouldnt have to be be much to do a better job then Joey would.

BDGS

Bench
Goodluck Ray, hopefully you will be back for SOO or else i will just turn the sounds down to prevent myself hearing the rambling of that homosexual Voss character.

Latest posts