What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor blade time

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
A few years ago, about 10, I joined a revolution. It was called the mach 3 revolution. For a man with a beard that could sand back a car, the MAch 3 was like a gift from the ASADA gods. it enhanced my performance & it gave me a distinct advantage over non-mach3 users.
I was equally estatic at the variations. MAch 3 with aloe strip. MAch 3 Sport. Mach 3 POWER really rocked my world.
But, last week, i went nuts & got fully optioned gillette Fusion power with clippers. 5 blades provide 30%more horsepower. The broom edge cleans whiskers away rapidly lettign teh baldes do their work. The engine is silent, smooth & powerful. The extra weight made handling around tight curves more difficult, but I think I will adjust.
Overall, I had a cleaner, closer shave in quicker time. No nics.
I dont think I will return to MAch 3.

Thoughts?

Inferno

Coach
I've regularly thought about the innovation department at Gillette. Can't help but think it's 1 guy, and every year it's the same f**king suggestion. More blades that are thinner that go blunt even faster.

f**kING GENIUS!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I've regularly thought about the innovation department at Gillette. Can't help but think it's 1 guy, and every year it's the same f**king suggestion. More blades that are thinner that go blunt even faster.

f**kING GENIUS!

man the mach 3 was a revolution in shaving. Blades last for 4 or 5 shaves at least.

fizman

Bench
I wasn't familiar with the Mach 3, but I know about the Mach 2 and throw in shaving foam instead of shaving gel.

Quigs

Immortal
And I had you pencilled in as a Frankie Pritchard style beard man meself.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
lol as if reef would be anything but clean shaven.

perhaps some slight stubble at worst.

anyways moving on, comes back too can everyone else get MAch3, or are you taking an advantage others cannot.

Even worse does Pete Earthtent place bets on it, and knows you had a MAch3 whilst others did not.

Been handled real poor, but I get the thrust.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Quigs is salt and pepper, he cant do Frank, for colour of hair. Franky will get to salt and pepper, as am I.

George Clooney gets away with it.

chewsta

First Grade
Anybody use a good electric shaver? Ive always wondered if they can get anywhere near as close as a good razor, especially with the hefty price tag some of them carry. Do they aggrevate sensitive skin being used dry?

Great thread Reef!

Quigs

Immortal
I Tom Waterhouse bet that Reefy uses a lot of gel and has the spikey tease on the top.

20120901781.jpg

Vin Fizz

Bench
Can grow an afro in 6 easy weeks but cant grow facial hair to save my life. Lost a beard growing competition at work to a bloke who didn't shave for 3 days when I hadn't shaved for 30 (true story). A blade lasts 3 weeks for me so I buy a 3 or 5 pack that lasts months. But yup Mach 3 it is.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I use a Gilette pro-glide, the blades cost an arm and a leg but last quite a while. Or at least I make them last because they cost an arm and a leg.

DJDL

First Grade
A few things:-

1. I use ALDI blades, whatever they are. 5 blades and a grooming blade
2. I get a month out of them
3. I use gel
4. I can grow a beard to save myself
5. Last time I tried (Movember 4 or 5 years ago) there was far too much salt and pepper for my liking so I'll never try to grow one again
6. I've got no idea what we're all talking about
7. You guys are f**king weird....

Latest posts