What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.13 v Bulldogs - Origin Time

Kilkenny

Coach
Just on Robert Jennings, a little side note, when I went to watch the NSW Cup and Flegg a couple of weeks back at St Mary’s Stadium he was in the front of the tunnel watching and cheering on the Flegg side until such time he had to go and prepare for his game. I love that passion for the club. It says a lot about his character.

In days gone by, I remember walking into our main stadium after conclusion of the reserves fixture to see NSW Cup players, fringe first graders walking out the Western gate to go home. Not a good culture, not a good look even for mature age players with families. Things have changed for the better and as I say I was impressed by Robert at St Mary’s a couple of weeks ago.

Kilkenny

Coach
We didn’t fare to well last season during origin losing to the Tigers and the Sharks.

it would be great if we can somehow grind out wins against the Bulldogs and Knights during this SOO period, even one out if two would be acceptable.

Big game Friday night, going down for all three, so three wins would be nice.

GongPanther

Referee
i hope the Blues win, but given a choice between a Panthers win or a Blues win well it is a no brainer for me. Panthers win .
With SOO 2 being played in Perth on 26th June, will all Penrith players and for that matter all SOO players, be available for the Warriors game 8 days prior on the 18th June?

pantherz9103

First Grade
We didn’t fare to well last season during origin losing to the Tigers and the Sharks.

it would be great if we can somehow grind out wins against the Bulldogs and Knights during this SOO period, even one out if two would be acceptable.

Big game Friday night, going down for all three, so three wins would be nice.
Tyrone May was halfback and blunted the attack. This year we have SOS whose already proven his ability to steer us around. Also home advantage should give the depleted Panthers an extra edge.

maple_69

Bench
There was an interesting stat analysis post over on Reddit yesterday (LINK) that looked at involvements by minute to try and shine a light on players around the league that were racking up good numbers which are overlooked due to low minutes.

Eisenhuth was right up the top of a few of the metrics including tackles per minute and involvements (tackles, carries & decoys) per minute.

He's obviously no Yeo but he is as good a back up as you could ask for to step into Yeo/a props role.

betcats

Referee
Thought Jenkins might get a run seeing Jennings is going to the Dolphins next year.. He has got a bit of toe..

Its more Clearys style to get him a run when the side isnt so disrupted i think. He is more likely to get a run later in the year if we get an injury in the centres.

globalpanther

Juniors
Knock any confidence out of them I reckon,then the crowd gets behind us…Last yr v Tigers was exact opposite but we had enough chances…

martielang

Bench
I would've played Smuggys man Salmon at 6. Unless they are actually intending him to play some decent minutes on an edge/middle this week, seems pointless giving him another 10 mins here and there. Why not try and give him a decent run at 6 so if we do cop and injury in the halves or backs and is needed in a semi, he's actually played more than 3 minutes in that position all year.

Latest posts