What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 20 vs Broncos

Copperhead

Juniors
Trent Merrin is set for his 150th NRL game as Panthers coach Anthony Griffin names a familiar side to face Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday.

Panthers v Broncos
7.50pm Friday @ Suncorp Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Leilani LATU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Isaah YEO
12. James FISHER-HARRIS
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Suaia MATAGI
15. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
16. Chris GREVSMUHL
17. Zak HARDAKER
20. Moses LEOTA
23. Viliame KIKAU

Panthers NYC coach Cam Ciraldo welcomes back some big names to his side to face Brisbane Broncos on Suncorp Stadium on Friday.
NYC Panthers v NYC Broncos
5.35pm Friday @ Suncorp Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Daniel BROWN
3. Robert JENNINGS
4. Christian CRICHTON
5. Ratu TUISESE
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Oliver CLARK
9. Reed IZZARD
10. Kaide ELLIS
11. Corey WADDELL
12. Jack HETHERINGTON
13. Liam MARTIN

14. Jack NELSON
15. Cowen EPERE
16. Dylan FUAD
17. Caleb AEKINS
19. Shane KIEL

TheFrog

Coach
If our defence is as bad as it has been then yeah its likely. Need to improve in defence, the points will come.
The Broncos defence hasn't been all that flash either, it needs to be remembered. 40 and 48 conceded in successive weeks, for all our defensive problems we haven't come close to equalling that.

They put away a pretty dismal Souths missing GI but if they think that means they are back on top of things, well maybe they are in for another nasty surprise. I think we will really lift for this one.

The Broncos defence hasn't been all that flash either, it needs to be remembered. 40 and 48 conceded in successive weeks, for all our defensive problems we haven't come close to equalling that.
yeah i definitely thought about that, hence i still give us a shot against a brisbane side that is still way off its best. but i fear we may concede 40 on friday night. i hope we keep it less than 12 difference and have some faith we can do that

GongPanther

Referee
Think we could get a serious toweling this week.

You could have a point there.I think we are as good as our last half of football,which would have been a further 12 points if a couple of players didn't make those simplistic mistakes.

We got away with it against a side that shouldn't have troubled us,but for some reason,we nearly had our balls handed to us.

The Broncos will not be as forgiving.When we make it down their end,it has to be points whether it's 2 or 6.

Cartwright has to play his hand a little smarter than last weeks effort.Moylan needs not to try too hard albeit he does need to keep his eye on the ball at times.

DWZ needs to appreciate the positional play of a winger and not thinking the ball carrier is going to kick ahead for him.

And Yeo,when this bloke gets the ball and is running wide,the last thing he needs to do is cut back into traffic and stunting potential attacking flows.

Grevsmuhl is a player who I have time for.This bloke in a couple of years will have an origin jersey.Always damaging in defense,and his attack is always probing...nearly breaking through.Great if he had an off-load in him.

Panthers,if we fully play to our potential,by 4.

If not,it will get a bit sour.

Fibroman

First Grade
I won't say anything until after the game, but Griffen has to be dead set joking with the position selections.

kinghippo

Juniors
I am trying to stay positive, the loss of gillet will help our cause. I just don't want to hear "and Milford goes right around Cartwright again..."
If we play down the middle of the the field instead of playing hot potato we can beat anyone on our day. Hopefully kikau gets a run, bigger bodies on the bench will be of more use than useless utility.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Ok the biggest bonus for us is that I will watch the game from the comfort of the Orchid Inn.

Over the years have seen us beat many good teams while watching there.

Strike rate of about 90 %.

Take us with the start.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I am trying to stay positive, the loss of gillet will help our cause. I just don't want to hear "and Milford goes right around Cartwright again..."
If we play down the middle of the the field instead of playing hot potato we can beat anyone on our day. Hopefully kikau gets a run, bigger bodies on the bench will be of more use than useless utility.

Don't worry, if Griffin picks a useless utility and then doesn't use him, he'll be hailed as clever again by some on here. It's just the way it works.

BxTom

Bench
Don't worry, if Griffin picks a useless utility and then doesn't use him, he'll be hailed as clever again by some on here. It's just the way it works.

There is not one single person here that thinks that that was a good move. Stop making up crap to suit your agenda.

Tom.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
There is not one single person here that thinks that that was a good move. Stop making up crap to suit your agenda.

Tom.

And what, pray tell, is my agenda? I'm curious. Added challenge: try to express it without a childish insult.

maple_69

Bench
Whether conscious or not you agitate passionate and optimistic Panthers fans who want to chat about their team and often draw them into boring arguments. In saying that it takes two to tango.

Onto the team. There's plenty of positives to take from members of the team that have me hopeful of a win against an out of sorts Broncos side. As a team we have plenty to work on though.

I think Moylan might be back in form. Standing up in Origin and proving himself I think may have been just the ticket. His passing and timing looked crisper and his defensive positioning better against the Eels. He looked more like 2014/2015 Moylan. If he really finds form it is an enormous boost.

I hope Kikau gets a run. Even if it's over Matagi/Aku. I'm not a fan of Hardaker on the bench but as long as he gets decent minutes i can understand wanting a back given we already have two forwards in the backs.

I think we lose this but as long as we take it to the Broncs and can bring Martin back into the side with some sort of momentum a few of our problems could go away pulling into the home stretch.

Latest posts