What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21: Raiders @ Rabbits

Macko8

Juniors
When Tommy double L,weyman,thommo and kahler are all on the paddock we are farkin awesome in the forwards.
Ive been pritty impressed by the way Kahler has been playing over the past few matches. I thought it would of taken him a while to settle back into the forwards having all that time off but to his credit his capitalised on the chance to redeem himself in the top grade and that is exactly what he has done. He may not be as big as TLL but he knows how to bend the line and put a good tackle or hit on the opposition. He has kinda captured some of that early 2005 form we seen from him. I dont wanna speak to soon but congrats Kris, on ya son!!

Phoenix_Raider

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what happens to the line-up with a fit Howell... Purtell to premier league?? or Chalk to PL?? it will probably be Chalk because Elliott can be a bit of a f**ing idiot like that.. and i don't think there will be room for him in the 2nd row.

P.S Does anyone have a spare ticket to the game this sat? or maybe just another one they can print off, i deleted mine :(

edabomb

First Grade
Howell is in PL this week.

CANBERRA RAIDERS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
at Telstra Stadium
Saturday July 29

1 Bronx Goodwin
2 Chad Grintell
3 David Howell
4 Brad Cross
5 Craig Frawley
6 Terry Campese (C)
7 William Zillman
8 Willie Raston
9 Marc Herbert
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Ben Jones
12 Terry Martin
13 Alan Rothery

INTERCHANGE
14 Jermaine Ale
15 Jack Pearson
16 Nathan Smith
17 Joe Picker
21 Jason Williams

Raider_69

Post Whore
Tokyo_Raider said:
OK, here's todays dumb-arse suggestion.

How would Kahler go in the centres?

wow interesting concept
not entirely sure he'd be quick enough for centres, would be abit phil bailey esque which i dont rate to be honest. But if push comes to shove next season, i would oppose giving it a trial run and see what happens

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
At a 100kgs he is on the large side, but his acceleration seems quite good and he can certainly tackle. Elliot's taken to playing TLL out wide in attack - just wondered if Kahler would be another option.

Would certainly strengthen left side defence.

Raider_69

Post Whore
thing with kahler is he is in limbo
not big enough and strong enough for a back rower, not quick and agile enough for a centre... IMO he should just go back to PL for this season, hit the gym and get some bulk about him, then he could go alright in the 2nd row

skeepe

Immortal
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
Howell is in PL this week.

CANBERRA RAIDERS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
at Telstra Stadium
Saturday July 29

1 Bronx Goodwin
2 Chad Grintell
3 David Howell
4 Brad Cross
5 Craig Frawley
6 Terry Campese (C)
7 William Zillman
8 Willie Raston
9 Marc Herbert
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Ben Jones
12 Terry Martin
13 Alan Rothery

INTERCHANGE
14 Jermaine Ale
15 Jack Pearson
16 Nathan Smith
17 Joe Picker
21 Jason Williams

Milney gone? Herbert at hooker? Howell playing his first ever Raiders PL game? Has the world gone mad?

Raider_69

Post Whore
i think it has skeepe
williams has fallen from grace too, a few months ago he was a FG, now he is am extended bench PL player, behind lawrence (any relation to former PL captain and hooker?) and Joe 'the nose' Picker

Timbo

Staff member
I think that's a bloody strong PL team we're fielding there.

We're hitting our straps at the right time.

woodgers

Bench
Surely the Raiders won't turn up lazy on Saturday? The Rabbits are playing for pride, we are playing to cement a spot in the 8. I'm sure every player realises that to get over Souths would almost see us making the finals considering that we have a bye to come. Actually, it will likely come down to the Sharks game at Shark park in round 26 but this would give us a massive boost over the other teams around us to win this one. If we lose then this will come back to haunt us.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I would like to see quite a few Raiders forced to train in the off season with Josh Miller. Kahler, Purtell and Howell to name a few could do with some extra kilo's. Kahler still worries me and there was another glimpse of what he capable of last weekend. I think he stood out of the scrum and took the ball up and tried a ridiculous offload on the first tackle. Fortunately we got a penalty. Jason Smith also has the ability to do some stupid things e.g playing the ball incorrectly or not standing square. As I think Elliott mentioned there are still a lot of areas to be improved, which I take as a positive, I just have a nagging doubt as to whether we can/will. In regards to TR mentioning the centres for Kahler, not in a million years!!!

dubby

Bench
Raider_69 said:
thing with kahler is he is in limbo
not big enough and strong enough for a back rower, not quick and agile enough for a centre... IMO he should just go back to PL for this season, hit the gym and get some bulk about him, then he could go alright in the 2nd row

But IMO he is better than Jones/Rothery/Williams/Martin. Who do you bring up?
(Cannonball goes hard but tires quickly...)