What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 Team V Knights

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I realise the dust has barely settled on our win today, but a good win against the Knights will almost secure our top 8 position.

F/B - Dufty
W - Nene & Nighty
C - Dugan & Lafai (assuming Aitken is out, which seems more likely than not)
6 - Widdop
7 - McCrone
FR - LAM & Vaughan
2nd R - Friz & Thommo
9 - McInnes
Lock - JDB

Bench:
Host
Packer
Sims
Mann

If Dugan doesn't play (as well as Aitken) then Mann to Centre and either Lawrie or a further utility (dare I use the name Marketo?)

JDHD

Juniors
I realise the dust has barely settled on our win today, but a good win against the Knights will almost secure our top 8 position.

F/B - Dufty
W - Nene & Nighty
6 - Widdop
7 - McCrone
FR - LAM & Vaughan
2nd R - Friz & Thommo
9 - McInnes
Lock - JDB

Bench:
Host
Packer
Sims
Mann

If Dugan doesn't play (as well as Aitken) then Mann to Centre and either Lawrie or a further utility (dare I use the name Marketo?)

I'd agree with all of that. I'd have Lawrie over Marketo (but I'd also have an inanimate carbon rod over Marketo).

Dufty
McDonald
Dugan
Lafai
Mann
Widdop
McCrone
LAM
McInnes
Vaughan
Friz
Thommo
JDB

Bench:

Host
Packer
Sims
Lawrie/Sele/Leilua

The Damo

Juniors

F/B - Dufty
W - Nene & Nighty
6 - Widdop
7 - McCrone
FR - LAM & Vaughan
2nd R - Friz & Thommo
9 - McInnes
Lock - JDB

Bench:
Host
Packer
Sims
Mann

Yep, nailed it. Except Marketo.

Crush

Coach
Dufty
Macdonald
Mann
Lafai
Nighty
Widdop
McCrone
LAM
McInnes
Vaughan
Frizz
Thommo
JDB
Bench-
Host
SIMS
Packer
Dugan
Use Dugan as the bench utility. Just to piss him off and say to him "no you are not an elite special million dollar player" for fun.....

GC Dragon

Juniors
Dufty
McDonald
Dugan
Lafai
Mann
Widdop
McCrone
LAM
McInnes
Vaughan
Friz
Thommo
JDB

Bench:

Host
Packer
Sims
Lawrie/Sele/Leilua
Agree with your team accept I would have Nighty on the bench instead of 4 forwards ....it seems Aitken will be out for a while .

dragonssamy61

First Grade

F/B - Dufty
W - Nene & Nighty
6 - Widdop
7 - McCrone
FR - LAM & Vaughan
2nd R - Friz & Thommo
9 - McInnes
Lock - JDB

Bench:
Host
Packer
Sims
Mann

Like the team.
Spoke to someone after game how should no atkins my not be out but will not know the full damage till after scans.
What to do if he's fit.
To me you have to leave dufty.
So do we go with duges in centres and atkin to the bench.
And no mann.
Or do we leave duges out hard decision to make. I would kep lowrie in there no Marketo

Sorry to say Leilua should not see any first grade at this point his form for Illawarra has been hit and miss and on saturday he was bog average.

Sele wasn't any better and I can see now why he was dropped back to Illawarra.

Marketo played way better then both and I wouldn't want him in first grade.

mobels

Juniors
Dufty stays at fullback and Dugan in Aitken's centre slot, Mann on the bench. Keep Ah Mau starting and have Packer come off the bench, as it keeps the momentum rolling with Packer and Sims coming on and Ah Mau has been playing extremely well as of late.

dragon-83

Juniors
They have to start well and limit the Nights and not to underestimate like they did in the last game.

denis preston

First Grade
Packer is playing busted his hip is stuffed again . I agree with others that he should play off the bench now and for the rest of the season . LAM has been very strong for us and should start with Vaughan .

LAM back to 15 form , which is great. Frizzell also playing busted but clearly a much better ( and lower paid from next year ) player.

JDHD

Juniors
Based on what Mary said regarding Kurt Mann in the press conference, he really values Mann's ability to come off the bench as injury cover or spark something late in the game. Given how many times Aitken or Dugan have gone down injured this year, having Mann on the bench has been a god send. Maybe that leaves a starting spot for Duffman?

Drag Queen

Bench
Based on what Mary said regarding Kurt Mann in the press conference, he really values Mann's ability to come off the bench as injury cover or spark something late in the game. Given how many times Aitken or Dugan have gone down injured this year, having Mann on the bench has been a god send. Maybe that leaves a starting spot for Duffman?
I just wonder if Mann would have re-signed if he was only regarded as a bench warmer. Surely they would have offered something more solid to keep him. Who knows..

MilanDragon

Juniors
I just wonder if Mann would have re-signed if he was only regarded as a bench warmer. Surely they would have offered something more solid to keep him. Who knows..

I don't necessarily think he was offered anything more solid. After all he has been used as a utility and Millward actually stated after he signed or during the signing process that Mann's value is he can play anywhere in the backline.

Dragsters

First Grade
Packer is playing busted his hip is stuffed again . I agree with others that he should play off the bench now and for the rest of the season . LAM has been very strong for us and should start with Vaughan .

If true Packer is playing busted then they should rest him.

We have Lawrie who can slot in and gain valuable experience if we can't find an experienced replacement for packer for next season.

If we do make the semis then a fully fit Packer will be valuable.

Smack

Coach
We could move up as high as 6th and make some ground with a win here. All of these near us have hard games.