What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21 Team V Knights

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
WORSE REFEREEING THIS SEASON BY A LONG WAY...WORSE GAME TO WATCH THIS YEAR
ONE OF THE WORSE EFFORTS BY OUR BLOKES THIS SEASON...BAD REFEREEING ASIDE DOES IT REALLY MATTER ANYMORE WHERE WE FINISH THIS SEASON WE JUST AINT GOOD ENOUGH.....WE WERE BUNCHED ,RUNNING ONE OUT ASOLUTELY NO STRUCTURE ANYWHERE....KICKING GAME WAS CRAP AND OUR HALVES WERE USELESS......IF IT WASNT SO SAD IT WOULD BE LAUGHABLE....SADLY YET AGAIN ROLL ON NEXT YEAR....

WORSE REFEREEING THIS SEASON BY A LONG WAY...WORSE GAME TO WATCH THIS YEAR
ONE OF THE WORSE EFFORTS BY OUR BLOKES THIS SEASON...BAD REFEREEING ASIDE DOES IT REALLY MATTER ANYMORE WHERE WE FINISH THIS SEASON WE JUST AINT GOOD ENOUGH.....WE WERE BUNCHED ,RUNNING ONE OUT ASOLUTELY NO STRUCTURE ANYWHERE....KICKING GAME WAS CRAP AND OUR HALVES WERE USELESS......IF IT WASNT SO SAD IT WOULD BE LAUGHABLE....SADLY YET AGAIN ROLL ON NEXT YEAR....

Widdop is a joke, plays well when we are on top, goes missing when the hard yards are needed, my ringer is a better captain prospect than he is.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well, that'll do me. 8 line breaks to 3. 17 offloads to buggerall and we lose to the bottom team.

I can only put it down to coaching. We're a badly coached side.[/QUO
Widdop is a joke, plays well when we are on top, goes missing when the hard yards are needed, my ringer is a better captain prospect than he is.
Have to agree ....what the hell is this sideways stuff again....he looks like hes running in circles trying to find someone to link with...and his grubbers were shit and why the hell did he keep kicking to SKD wing...hes very tall and good in the air...absoutely clueless

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons coach McGregor slams NRL bunker over no try decisions
TIM BARROW and ROBERT DILLON
29 Jul 2017, 5:12 p.m.
r0_144_4992_2951_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Blow: Dragons lost to Newcastle on Saturday. Picture: AAP Image/Darren Pateman

ST GEORGE Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has slammed the Bunker as "embarrassing and incompetent" after two disallowed tries in a shock loss to Newcastle.

Asked for his thoughts on the decision to deny centre Tim Lafai and winger Nene McDonald, McGregor said: "Embarrassing and incompetent.

"Anyone who knows rugby league will know they were wrong. The ball went back and (Trent) Hodkinson took a dive."

Captain Gareth Widdop added: “They spend millions of dollars on it and don't get it right."

But McGregor said his team must take responsibility for the result.

"It's too far between our best and our worst. Today was too close to our worst. There's disappointed people and I'm one of them."

Knights ended an eight-game losing streak and revived their hopes of avoiding the wooden spoon with a 21-14 upset win against St George Illawarra at McDonald Jones Stadium on Saturday.

Newcastle’s third victory of 2017 lifted them to within two points of second-last West Tigers, who tackle the Titans on the Gold Coast on Sunday.

With five games remaining – three on home turf – Newcastle will need at least one more win if they hope to avoid finishing last for the third time in as many seasons.

Having lost 11 of their previous 12 games at home to the Dragons, the Knights were also looking to make amends for losses at Kogarah earlier this year and in the final round of last season, when on both occasions they were unable to capitalise on commanding leads.

The shock defeat could prove costly for the Dragons, who are in a dogfight to qualify for the final eight.

A try by bench forward Jacob Saiiti in the 73rd minute, after prop Josh King slipped the ball free in a gang tackle, was the matchwinner for Newcastle, who were playing in front of a jubilant crowd of 15,031.

A Trent Hodkinson field goal a minute from full-time sealed the result.

The Knights enjoyed some rare good fortune at the hands of the officials in the first half, when the video-referee bunker denied the Dragons two tries.

Newcastle led 12-0 after two inspired moments from five-eighth Brock Lamb.

In the sixth minute, Lamb grubber kicked ahead and regained the ball to score next to the posts.

Five minutes later, he hoisted a bomb towards the right-hand flank and new recruit Shaun Kenny-Dowall flew high to grab his second try in as many games since his mid-season transfer from the Roosters.

The visitors, who had won a remarkable 15 of their previous 18 games in Newcastle, hit back in the 23rd minute when they kept the ball alive and prop Paul Vaughan charged over for his sixth try of the season.

Then came two contentious moments when the Dragons were denied by officials.

First, winger Jason Nightingale was ruled to have knocked on before passing to centre Tim Lafai, who stolled over the line.

On the opposite flank, Nene MacDonald raced 90 metres after fielding a kick, only for the bunker to rule Hodkinson had been illegally taken out of play.

A Hodkinson penalty goal made in 14-6 to Newcastle, but the Dragons reduced the deficit to two points seconds before half-time when back-rower Tariq Sims crashed through after a Josh Dugan offload.

The Dragons equalised in the 60th minute when skipper Gareth Widdop kicked a penalty.

Three minutes later, MacDonald broke clear and tried to link with unmarked fullback Matt Dufty, who fumbled a difficult pass.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...ams-nrl-bunker-over-no-try-decisions/?cs=3713

ALSGI

Bench
FMD.
I'm too embarrassed to drive my car with my Dragons plates.
Will use the wife's car this week I think. She doesn't care for my spiritual beliefs.

I said in a post the other day that I hope Mary didn't take the boys up to Newcastle early for a holiday because he looked very relaxed in the coaches preview presser on Friday.It seems they WERE all on holiday. The half time footage of the sheds looked relaxed and jovial where as I expected the coaching staff to be blowing up for the first half performance.

If this game was at Kogarah or Wollongong they would have been booed off again at half time and full time.

Complete waste of time talking about officiating. Disgrace of the NRL.

Mann was our only player not to make any mistakes.
McCrone was shit from the get go yet Mann stayed on the bench.
Widdop tried hard but had a shit game, it happens. When he crabs we loose.
Macdonald tried hard but poor decision making.
Nighty, it was time last year and yet we will persist for another year. At least he's not at FB.
Lafai is shit.
Dufty, continues to impress, Widdop should have caught the pass and scored. His defence was ok apart from positional issues with the first try.
McInnes made one mistake, in a team full of mistakes. He defended well and is still an upgrade on Rein.He's young and wish we had coaches that could improve his game.
Our forwards, especially Vaughan and LAM were good although Thomo, Friz and Packer weren't having their best games. I hope there's more improvement in Host too.
Special mention to Duges, he was outstanding and I like him at Centre.

What a f**king roller coaster of a year. It's a shit time to be a Dragons supporter. I'm so pissed off at the world today.

Drakon

Juniors
FMD.
I'm too embarrassed to drive my car with my Dragons plates.
Will use the wife's car this week I think. She doesn't care for my spiritual beliefs.

I said in a post the other day that I hope Mary didn't take the boys up to Newcastle early for a holiday because he looked very relaxed in the coaches preview presser on Friday.It seems they WERE all on holiday. The half time footage of the sheds looked relaxed and jovial where as I expected the coaching staff to be blowing up for the first half performance.

If this game was at Kogarah or Wollongong they would have been booed off again at half time and full time.

Complete waste of time talking about officiating. Disgrace of the NRL.

Mann was our only player not to make any mistakes.
McCrone was shit from the get go yet Mann stayed on the bench.
Widdop tried hard but had a shit game, it happens. When he crabs we loose.
Macdonald tried hard but poor decision making.
Nighty, it was time last year and yet we will persist for another year. At least he's not at FB.
Lafai is shit.
Dufty, continues to impress, Widdop should have caught the pass and scored. His defence was ok apart from positional issues with the first try.
McInnes made one mistake, in a team full of mistakes. He defended well and is still an upgrade on Rein.He's young and wish we had coaches that could improve his game.
Our forwards, especially Vaughan and LAM were good although Thomo, Friz and Packer weren't having their best games. I hope there's more improvement in Host too.
Special mention to Duges, he was outstanding and I like him at Centre.

What a f**king roller coaster of a year. It's a shit time to be a Dragons supporter. I'm so pissed off at the world today.
Further - JDB never stopped trying. A few more could use his passion!

Nene may have tried hard but he's still a pussy. He is a big fast man but plays like a powder puff. He seems afraid of body contact. He dances, makes soft contact and tries to a few gain metres. He never runs with speed and purpose and it seems like he never expects to break through but is content to just make those few metres. Not good enough!

ALSGI

Bench
Further - JDB never stopped trying. A few more could use his passion!

Nene may have tried hard but he's still a pussy. He is a big fast man but plays like a powder puff. He seems afraid of body contact. He dances, makes soft contact and tries to a few gain metres. He never runs with speed and purpose and it seems like he never expects to break through but is content to just make those few metres. Not good enough!
Agree, JDB was very good as well as LAM and Vaughan.
Don't agree about Nene's speed and purpose though, I think he's lifted last few games, just has too many mistakes in him and our kicking game hasn't help him either.

getsmarty

Immortal
Agree, JDB was very good as well as LAM and Vaughan.
Don't agree about Nene's speed and purpose though, I think he's lifted last few games, just has too many mistakes in him and our kicking game hasn't help him either.

Add to that a coach who seemingly hasn't addressed any of his deficiencies .

Latest posts