What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 24: Parramatta Eels v Manly at Pirtek Stadium 7.45pm 22/8/14

jk13

First Grade
Apparently this is one of the toughest sides in the comp, all I saw was a bunch of pussys that screamed for their mum when things weren't going their way. The decline of these pr!cks over the next few years will be very satisfying.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The best thing about this post is that Hayne's name isn't there.
We actually won a game without Hayne solely winning it for us.
And we did it against the team coming first.
Massive effort.
The future is building.

Suity
Spot on, best win from a Parra team since 2009. And Hayne didn't dominate. IDG and Sandow were massive. So was Junior, he is the best young front rower in the game,

I've got to say that I have thought De Gois has been pretty good for us this year.

I think going forward that Peats is going to be awesome for us, but I think just having Isaac De Gois at the Club for the next 2 seasons is going to make Nathan Peats a much better player than what he might have been otherwise.

I think Kingston has done a very similar job with Segeyaro. I think the De Gois off the field influence on this squad is going to be far greater for us than his on field for the next couple of years.

i know peats will slot straight in at hooker when he comes back but we have to have de gois in the side somewhere off the bench if need be

Gazzamatta

Coach
Tepai and Edwards completly outplayed Watmough
Sandow completly outplayed Cherry Evans
Lussick had a real go tonight.
Terepo managed not to drop a ball.
Morgan was average. Poor first half but better in the second.
Tautai was below average.
Would love to see a fit Tonga and Sio back.
I really wondered what impact Fuis absence and the negative press might have on the team. Arthur obviously had it under control.
I love ya Jarryd but please stop screaming at the refs. It dont help mate.

Apparently this is one of the toughest sides in the comp, all I saw was a bunch of pussys that screamed for their mum when things weren't going their way. The decline of these pr!cks over the next few years will be very satisfying.

i couldn't believe them bleating after the penalty for taking one of the parra players into touch he was on the ground they dragged him over its a penalty every day of the week and twice on sunday

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How good was the defense???? We just smashed them, hit hard and moved up off our line. We forced them into errors and made them panic. So proud, so pumped.

And hats off to BA for making the call to drop Fui, it was tough but he made the tough call and i thought Smith and Lussick were great in defence. Really came on and made a difference. Proud to be a Parra fan tonight!! :cool:

Chipmunk

Coach

Manly are still a great side. One game doesn't make a team.

I've been waiting for 2 years for Manly to fall away. They just keep getting up and doing the job...

It's similar to Penrith this season. Everyone is just waiting for them to start losing.

I admire the on field culture of both teams really.

jk13

First Grade
Jarryd did go too far at one point, but u should've seen me in my man cave, apparently people heard my abusive screaming down the road

souths_pride

Juniors
And, you know what?

Just for once, the refs stayed in the background.
It was team against team, and tonight, the better team won the arm wrestle in the end, when there were no outside influences.

Good to see a game played generally on an even battlefield.

Suity

As a Souths fan, let me say well done lads! Real quality performance under enormous pressure! The biggest thing that you guys have going for you is the atmosphere at Parramatta stadium! Its almost like a 14th player out there! Why you guys play games at ANZ I'll never know! I definitely agree that the whole Parra team stepped up tonight! I was very impressed with De Gois and your outside backs! I don't think there were any bad players for you guys tonight! My only criticism of your side and I've thought this for a while now, is Jarryd Hayne as captain. I feel that the way he speaks to referees is a weakness of his. It didn't show through that much tonight but it has at times this season and often when he gets into a running battle with referees and starts screeching at them, his games goes to shite! As I said, it didn't happen that much tonight but he still gave away a silly penalty that on another day might have cost you guys. From an outside perspective, I feel that Nathan Peats looks like the biggest leader in your team. His talk and organisational skills are in the Cameron Smith mold and I feel he'd be alot more composed when it comes to handling refs!

Also, I'm not so sure I'd agree with the refs staying in the background. There were a couple of really dubious calls and some bizarre decisions that will probably dominate the morning papers. I felt the Sandow disallowed try was an absolute disgrace! Its hard to believe a player who has played as many first grade games as Luke Patten could come up with such a bizarre decision. I also though the ref stopping play to check for any foul play on Cherry-Evans was mind blowing; it seems now the refs can stop the game at any point they want to check these things. Finally, I'd like to know how the referees came to the conclusion that those two parra players (I cant remember who they were) performed a crusher tackle on the Manly player! It was ridiculous!

No doubt there were more dubious calls and Geoff Toovey will find something to whinge about like he always does. However, let me say this does anyone else agree that the referee and video referee shouldn't be allowed to stop general play and go back and check for all these ridiculous incidents of foul play, bad tackles etc.? It just slows the game down and ruins the spectacle for the fans! Isn't that why the match review committee was introduced? To pick things up that refs missed and then refer them to the judiciary? I think the whole NRL community needs to accept that refs are going to miss some things and that the game cannot keep getting stopped to check everything; let the match review committee handle it! However, I think the referees may escape alot criticism because it was such a good game! Nevertheless, what was good was that although there were some bad calls the refs didn't decide the outcome of the game. Well done Parra!

jk13

First Grade
Manly were tough, but I think their time has passed. Their forwards are ordinary now, their roster is ageing and no one likes them and it now hurts them to know that

souths_pride

Juniors
Manly are still a great side. One game doesn't make a team.

I've been waiting for 2 years for Manly to fall away. They just keep getting up and doing the job...

It's similar to Penrith this season. Everyone is just waiting for them to start losing.

I admire the on field culture of both teams really.

Thats a really good post! The thing about Manly and Melbourne in particular is that you can beat them as many times as you like in the regular season, but when it comes finals time they ALWAYS step up; very rarely in finals footy do those two teams have bad games. Although, I hate Manly I can't think of too many ordinary Manly sides! The thing that strikes me about this Manly side is that they're probably the only team in the comp that can play absolutely horrendously yet still find away to come out on top and they're never beaten!

souths_pride

Juniors
we've done half the job for you mate now its your turn to smash the cows and take a step closer to the minor premiership

I think if any Souths players were struggling for motivation, they won't be now! I think this Parra win will see Souths come out ultra fired up for a chance to go top of the table! In saying that come finals time, if you'd ask me who I'd rather play - the Roosters or the Panthers, then I'd take the Panthers. So it may not necessarily be a bad thing to finish second!

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Excellent posts Souths Pride. I particularly agree regarding the refs. I think that the rules and "interpretations" have been changed so much that even the refs are unsure of when to use video, how to call obstructions etc. That is why there is no consistency. The whole structure of how the NRL changes rules, interprets them, etc needs a complete overhaul.

Now your boys need to go on and beat the Cowboys for us!

Chipmunk

Coach
As a Souths fan, let me say well done lads! Real quality performance under enormous pressure! The biggest thing that you guys have going for you is the atmosphere at Parramatta stadium! Its almost like a 14th player out there! Why you guys play games at ANZ I'll never know! I definitely agree that the whole Parra team stepped up tonight! I was very impressed with De Gois and your outside backs! I don't think there were any bad players for you guys tonight! My only criticism of your side and I've thought this for a while now, is Jarryd Hayne as captain. I feel that the way he speaks to referees is a weakness of his. It didn't show through that much tonight but it has at times this season and often when he gets into a running battle with referees and starts screeching at them, his games goes to shite! As I said, it didn't happen that much tonight but he still gave away a silly penalty that on another day might have cost you guys. From an outside perspective, I feel that Nathan Peats looks like the biggest leader in your team. His talk and organisational skills are in the Cameron Smith mold and I feel he'd be alot more composed when it comes to handling refs!

Also, I'm not so sure I'd agree with the refs staying in the background. There were a couple of really dubious calls and some bizarre decisions that will probably dominate the morning papers. I felt the Sandow disallowed try was an absolute disgrace! Its hard to believe a player who has played as many first grade games as Luke Patten could come up with such a bizarre decision. I also though the ref stopping play to check for any foul play on Cherry-Evans was mind blowing; it seems now the refs can stop the game at any point they want to check these things. Finally, I'd like to know how the referees came to the conclusion that those two parra players (I cant remember who they were) performed a crusher tackle on the Manly player! It was ridiculous!

No doubt there were more dubious calls and Geoff Toovey will find something to whinge about like he always does. However, let me say this does anyone else agree that the referee and video referee shouldn't be allowed to stop general play and go back and check for all these ridiculous incidents of foul play, bad tackles etc.? It just slows the game down and ruins the spectacle for the fans! Isn't that why the match review committee was introduced? To pick things up that refs missed and then refer them to the judiciary? I think the whole NRL community needs to accept that refs are going to miss some things and that the game cannot keep getting stopped to check everything; let the match review committee handle it! However, I think the referees may escape alot criticism because it was such a good game! Nevertheless, what was good was that although there were some bad calls the refs didn't decide the outcome of the game. Well done Parra!

You make far too many common sense remarks for the Parramatta LeagueUnlimited Forums. Thanks for your thoughts, but I fear you've come to the wrong place

Last edited:

Latest posts