What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 24: Parramatta Eels v Manly at Pirtek Stadium 7.45pm 22/8/14

lingard

Coach
I give him plenty of credit, which he thoroughly deserves.

Unfortunately, if I include one thing that isn't credit (even if it isn't putting him down) then everyone gets the shits.

Go back and look at the first post I quoted. All I'm saying is there is a part of his game that we know he has that hasn't been seen much this year.

True, it's probably because we have Norman and Sandow to do more, but I still miss it.

Remember over the last two years how he'd throw those flat balls on the tryline to hit the wingers? Shit, half our bloody tries came from those balls.

I want those back.

In relation to the quote that started this particular discussion, I'd like to see him throw those balls instead of going himself all the time, because teams seemed to have that figured out now and the success rate is dropping.

We know he can do it. We've seen it a billion times before. He's f**king excellent at it.

Bring it back.

Without de Gois we lose on Friday and the 8 is pretty much gone.

Without our wingers we'd be 39 (?) tries worse off and wouldn't be anywhere near the 8.

Without Thurston the Cows lose last night. Without Smith the Storm die.

Blah blah blah.

You guys need to wake up and actually read what gets written here. Just because a post isn't a wankfest over HaHa doesn't mean it's criticism. And even if there is a little bit of criticism, doesn't mean it's not constructive, nor does it mean it isn't warranted.

Your little sploogefest makes you all blind and throw tantrums like children.

You seem to have quite significantly changed your attitude toward Jarryd Hayne over the last couple of years. Good on you, mate. Then again, I guess it's hard to keep up a vitriolic diatribe in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

forward pass

Coach
Watched the game again last night and only just noticed that it was a very good take by Toutai of the Hoppa pass to score his try. The pass was high and at his shoulder and he caught it one handed on the fly. Credit where credit is due.

Bigfella

Coach
Agreed.

The bloke is only very young and has a lot of physical presence. As he adds polish to his game he could become pretty formidable I think.

I see a huge amount more potential in him than sio and completely agree with retaining toutai ahead of him.

Utey

Coach
His ability to deal with the high ball makes me cranky, I'd have Sio in over him if he comes back in R26.

forward pass

Coach
His ability to deal with the high ball makes me cranky, I'd have Sio in over him if he comes back in R26.

Sio is a top finisher - not much more than that. I am as critical of Toutai as anyone else but I recall he scored an amazing solo try last season (or the season before?) that Sio would never have scored. In fact not too many players would have. He has talent for sure.

yy_cheng

Coach
Sio is a top finisher - not much more than that. I am as critical of Toutai as anyone else but I recall he scored an amazing solo try last season (or the season before?) that Sio would never have scored. In fact not too many players would have. He has talent for sure.

he has also improved his decision making under the high ball whether to jump or not

Latest posts