What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.27 v GC

Munky

Coach
Noticeable during the Dolphins game as well. Those two clubs would have the smallest fan bases.

Don't worry we will have atmosphere next week. Get the coffee machine cleaned up we have city people coming.

Mate, actual Roosters fans in the East don't travel further west than Sussex Street.

Like how Panthers fans only go as far east as Walgrove Road.

Iamback

Coach
Alamoti is a power runner but his acceleration and speed isn't going to scare sides. C.Mclean is a better talent but probably hasn't played enough NRL and to late in season to take his spot.
Next season Casey will overtake him easily. Even Jesse may. Alamoti spot night be wing?

Alamoti would be my winger next year

His post contact metres again last night was 2nd to To'o and having both wingers pumping out that keeps us a scary side

Fangs

Coach
Edwards is a bigger worry though. Still 200% effort but isn't giving us his usual momentum with the ball and has had a few yips creep into his game, presumably due to his confidence dipping post-injury. I'm sure he'd be right with an off-season to recover but we don't have that luxury. I don't know if there's any option as you couldn't drop him now. Just have to hope/pray he'll come out firing in the next months.

Injuries might be effecting his form. But I'm pretty sceptical that errors are being influenced by injury.

Basic handling errors/not controlling the ball come down to what a player is focusing on. Maybe he was focusing on his knee. More likely for me is that the players were thinking about next week. Edwards has played with injuries that have been much worse and not made basic errors like we saw yesterday.

Fangs

Coach
Mate, actual Roosters fans in the East don't travel further west than Sussex Street.

Like how Panthers fans only go as far east as Walgrove Road.

We've given them a tunnel on the M4 to get here quicker.

Maybe offer free shampoo samples or serve craft beer? They like Grifter in Randwick.

Iamback

Coach
Also, I thought Alamoti was poor last night. I wonder how far ahead of Casey he really is.

Edwards is a bigger worry though. Still 200% effort but isn't giving us his usual momentum with the ball and has had a few yips creep into his game, presumably due to his confidence dipping post-injury. I'm sure he'd be right with an off-season to recover but we don't have that luxury. I don't know if there's any option as you couldn't drop him now. Just have to hope/pray he'll come out firing in the next months.

We 100% need that week off. I don't think we run a 2021 style gauntlet this time around.

Error wise he was but still compare his numbers to Tago and he still wasn't the worst centre on the field

Defence he missed 2 tackles. Made 12
Tago missed 6. Made 12

He ran for 70m more.

7 errors between both centres is shocking but atleast Alamoti got more involved

soc123_au

Staff member
Injuries might be effecting his form. But I'm pretty sceptical that errors are being influenced by injury.

Basic handling errors/not controlling the ball come down to what a player is focusing on. Maybe he was focusing on his knee. More likely for me is that the players were thinking about next week. Edwards has played with injuries that have been much worse and not made basic errors like we saw yesterday.
Edwards has the occasional shocker in him. Doen't happen often though, so you live with it.

I would have preferred we rested him last night to give the knee another week, but I think he will be ok and back to being safe again for the rest of the year.

Fangs

Coach
They own Kingswood sports club.

Maybe free cucumber sandwiches and lattes for those that make that long trip across?

Yeah I find that very weird. Can't we at least deface the Roosters emblem they've got on the venue? It's an eyesore.

Pims cup would be hard to pull off during the game but we need to make them feel at home.

Iamback

Coach
Edwards has the occasional shocker in him. Doen't happen often though, so you live with it.

I would have preferred we rested him last night to give the knee another week, but I think he will be ok and back to being safe again for the rest of the year.

He had a couple of un Edwards like errors but metres were still there. Tackle busts as well.

If an injured Edwards gives us 220m a game than he is the low on the list of worries

Iamback

Coach
Yeah I find that very weird. Can't we at least deface the Roosters emblem they've got on the venue? It's an eyesore.

Pims cup would be hard to pull off during the game but we need to make them feel at home.

A venue in Saintly cres... not sure the premise is worth the can of spray paint to do that with

Fangs

Coach

I think most people wanted him rested. We named two fullbacks as reserves so I was pretty certain he wouldn't play. They had other plans.

I've literally got no doubts about Dylan Edwards. Champion player. The only thing on my mind is edge defence. Roosters are busted but Keary is still very dangerous when he wants to be especially on short sides.

We will concede linebreaks next week and that's where Edwards will come in. Best defensive fullback in the game.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think most people wanted him rested. We named two fullbacks as reserves so I was pretty certain he wouldn't play. They had other plans.

I've literally got no doubts about Dylan Edwards. Champion player. The only thing on my mind is edge defence. Roosters are busted but Keary is still very dangerous when he wants to be especially on short sides.

We will concede linebreaks next week and that's where Edwards will come in. Best defensive fullback in the game.
Our cover defence is still good, so as long as we limit Keary we should be fine. As crap as Martin has been this year, his cover tackle on Tannah Boyd from the scrum was pretty sweet. Tago as well on their 2nd try, 99% of the time that ankle tap is enough, he gave him a good whack, pretty amazing really that he stayed upright and kept going.

Munky

Coach

The Keary short side play isn't what it once was.

When he had prime GI and Teddy in his team he could wrap around the short side to create the extra number as his superstar full back would be on the open side and the defence wouldn't go with him.

Nobody is scared of the plodder that is Tedesco in 2024. If Robbo had the balls to play Manu at FB it'd be a worry

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He had a couple of un Edwards like errors but metres were still there. Tackle busts as well.

If an injured Edwards gives us 220m a game than he is the low on the list of worries
His playmaking still shat on Luai's involvement outside the 1 great kick for Garner. Does Jerome really want to be the man? I'm having my doubts

Fangs

Coach
Our cover defence is still good, so as long as we limit Keary we should be fine. As crap as Martin has been this year, his cover tackle on Tannah Boyd from the scrum was pretty sweet. Tago as well on their 2nd try, 99% of the time that ankle tap is enough, he gave him a good whack, pretty amazing really that he stayed upright and kept going.

Martin needs to hold the ball and absolutely smash their centres/wingers.

I'm dying to see him belt guys like Howarth and Anderson from the Storm. If we face them in the finals it should be the expectation for Martin.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I am as disappointed and frustrated as most on here regarding what I saw last night and really for how we have played for most of the season. Considering in my view how average we have been it’s important to remember we finished the season with the best defence in the comp. When you consider how many injuries we have had to key players and disruption from Origin it is a remarkable achievement. But just looking back further Ivan has had this team up for almost every game since the beginning of 2020 and for almost all of that time we have virtually looked unbeatable. I just think that must take its toll on the playing group and unfortunately it’s just not sustainable. Add to that the loss of Burton, Capewell, Api, Kikau, Chrichton, Lenui etc it’s almost inconcievable we have managed to finish this season in second place. For what it’s worth I don’t think we are winning the comp this year because I just can’t see them flicking a switch to revert back to how we played in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 but still all things considered I am happy we are still in a position to be a chance of winning 4 comps in a row.