What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 3 Vs Broncos discussion Thread.

panthersballboy

Juniors
With 15 mins to go I was swearing at the TV. I thought we played better in the first half but a few stupid mistakes led to Brisbane getting good field position and then Hodges was on fire. The 2nd half we played pretty poor until the final 5 minutes. I thought we were gone.
I think this game will give the boys more confidence than the Bulldogs game. Bring on the Titans.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was never in doubt?

Seriously, our bench is a bit of a worry and Norrie needs to be brought in.

It's too early for young Tim Grant and he needs at least half a season in PL.

Other than Aiton, Elliot has not been giving a lot of game time to the other bench players, which is a bit of a worry.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hodges made it possible with that kick. But it should have been impossible for us to get another try. Broncos surely would have been trying that hard to prevent a third loss then a try in 1 minute shouldn't have been possible.

It was just a combination of things. Primarily never giving up. We gave it 110% even though the odds looked like they were against us, we had a bit of luck go our way when the ball was re-directed of Boyds leg, and we had the awesome pace and skill of Rhys Wesser to dive on a loose ball in goals.

Gordon missing those kicks made the win that much more memorable though. Had he been kicking perfect, the score would have finished as 30 to 28 without extra time. Because before Jennings scored that try, it would have been 24 to 28, and when converted the Jennings try, it would have gone to 30 to 28, and we wouldn't have had the urgency we had to score that Wesser try or got the excitement of 7 minutes extra time before a brilliant field goal by Peter Wallace.

Big Mick

Referee
Sorry Kilkenny...but I have to disagree about Grant.

In his two appearances i've seen him in PL...in the trial and PL game...he was a BIG standout.

If he is that far about Premier League...may as well give him a shot...If it doesn't work out, well he got the experience and he'll learn from it.

Sure being young and a forward doesn't help and prone to injuries..but IMO he is our best option with Norrie.

Elliot doesn't have to play him heaps...give him 20 minutes...enough to give him a taste and preserve him.

Its not as though he isn't big enough, I reckon he'd be as big as those in first grade now.

Personally i'd love to see this:

1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Michael Gordon, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower, 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Frank Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse
14. Junior Moors, 15. Bryan Norrie, 16. Tim Grant, 17. Paul Aiton

To me thats the perfect team.

northwest9

Juniors
Big Mick © said:

1. Rhys Wesser, 2. Michael Gordon, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Luke Lewis, 5. Luke Rooney, 6. Peter Wallace, 7. Craig Gower, 8. Joel Clinton, 9. Luke Priddis, 10. Frank Puletua, 11. Frank Pritchard, 12. Tony Puletua, 13. Trent Waterhouse

great looking team, exactly what i would go with, shame that elliot wont pick that team

Panther_Daz

Staff member
northwest9 said:
great looking team, exactly what i would go with, shame that elliot wont pick that team

Our new coach Elliott has sprung a few surprises already, so it very well could be the team.

Elliott isn't one for copying and pasting the previous week's team. He picks teams on form, this was highlighted with Matt Cross being dropped after a 40-10 win.

The Rhino

Juniors
A lucky win - but as they say, YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK IN FOOTBALL and that's exactly what we did. Good win but it was one that makes me shake my head in absolute amazement and disbelief in the way it was won (or actually taken to extra time).

Big Mick

Referee
northwest9 said:

I know u've got a close connection to #15...and I reckon you'll be very happy this week.

As will I.

Kilkenny

Coach
Big Mick © said:
Sorry Kilkenny...but I have to disagree about Grant.

Mick, as you would know more than most forwards traditionally do not develop until 23 - 24 years of age.

I really fear throwing Tim Grant in too early will be detrimental to his overall development and hurt his career long term.

At this stage of his development he cant do a better job than Norrie so why not take the safe option and preserve his prodiguous talent until he is more than ready.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm not arguing about that.

But i'll give u the tip...if we wait till he is 23 he wont be here.

traditionally 23-24 is the ripe age, but thats after they have been in the league for about 3-4 year as well.

Grant may be young, but so are many other forward stars.

I'm not saying start him, nor give him plenty of time, but i'm saying give him a taste.

So far, bell, cross and smith have played about 80 minutes combined in 3 games.

If we draft Norrie in, with Grant...Norrie can take the pressure off for 30 minutes a game...giving Grant about 15-25 minutes a game. That wont kill him, it will only benefit him.

IMO put him in, until Rodney is fit...then put him in PL and preserve him...giving him the hunger he needs to work harder for a go next year or at the end of the year.

Big Mick

Referee
yeah congrats...did u go to pains to look that up?

I was saying they didn't have a bucketload of game time.

Sorry I didn't go in depth and review video's to find exact minutes. haha.

griffo346

First Grade
BM i dont think SWP is complaining i reckon he is stating how long it took him TBH

anyway since you work at Maccas can i have a dribbler burger with fries oh yeh dont forget the sundee and apple pie

opps and i nearly forgot dont forget the serviette :D

Kilkenny

Coach
There has to be some concern about a players worth off the bench if you are only getting 16 minutes game time.

IMO the minimum game time a forward off the bench should be 25 minutes. I can accept a genuine back, not being a utility, perhaps depending on the circumstances of any given match may not receive as much game time.