What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.4 v SydRoosters

Fangs

Coach
I dont even care about the 2 points this week. I just want a Robbo sook in the press conference.

You can just tell it really pisses him off that he can't win a game against Penrith.

Apparently Robbo speaks French. Might be worth a shot at half-time if they are behind.

Ne crains pas la panthère.

From a realist point of view, if we somehow get the two points against the Roosters tomorrow night it will surely rank up there with one of our best wins over this past five years.

Without Nathan, I just can’t see it to be honest. I think it was going to be a really tough game with Nathan, but without him, Roosters at home, in pretty decent form, I have my doubts around this game.
Luai has won 17 from 18 games without Cleary.
Panthers have won 8 straight verse Roosters.
Panthers won 30-6 at Allianz last year in Round 15 with no Cleary.

Keep the faith. Roosters have injuries too.

Iamback

Coach
Luai has won 17 from 18 games without Cleary.
Panthers have won 8 straight verse Roosters.
Panthers won 30-6 at Allianz last year in Round 15 with no Cleary.

Keep the faith. Roosters have injuries too.

Pretty sure the game in 2021 at Suncorp had no Cleary either.

Luai's numbers v them are pretty good. The SCG game was close to the best game he has played

A big step into winning tonight will be to score first.

In the last 4 games Wigan, Storm, Eels and Broncos all scored points first.

Defensive energy and awareness needs to be peak Panthers in execution and performance.

Completion needs to be high with as few mistakes and errors as possible.

Kicking game needs to be close to perfect, no 7 tackle sets.

All key components that win any game but tonight especially the lads needs to be switched on and hungrier in every play they compete in than Roosters.

Girds89

Bench
How we shut down there kicking in attacking positions is a key.

Dom young and dan T tower over our boys.

They will be heavily targeted and dont really stand a chance if isolated.

Any high kicks covering defence really needs to be there to hold blokes up or take them into touch.

Really need luai and schnieder to get stuck into walker and cleary..dont give them any time to put on plays.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Any high kicks covering defence really needs to be there to hold blokes up or take them into touch.

Really need luai and schnieder to get stuck into walker and cleary..dont give them any time to put on plays.
When did this happen!!???!!

(I know what you meant brother, just joking ;) )

Iamback

Coach

I can't remember a team ever kicking us to death, Offloads and unpredicability is how we lose. Something Roosters haven't shown for years

Girds89

Bench
I can't remember a team ever kicking us to death, Offloads and unpredicability is how we lose. Something Roosters haven't shown for years

Its not kicking us to death. Its try scoring kicking in attacking positions. We will need a good plan to stop young and topou

Girds89

Bench
I also see Tonight as an opportunity for Lindsay smith to really step up.

If im ivan im sending him a clear message. Make it a personal mission to stop jwh in his tracks every run. No offloads. No momentum. Yes its all a team effort but individual battles in footy are important.

Lindsay has an opportunity Tonight to really go from being a good solid reliable fg player with potential to a very good fg player.

Hes shown plenty to date.

A big game tonight will be brilliant for his personal development but also could go a long way to the team getting the two points.