What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 6 Bluebags versus Balmain

Danny Williams was in my book the catalyst for that turn around his forward runs were great. It allowed Heath to play out of dummy half. Great effort by the lads. Just home from the match myself.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Fantastic result against the odds. A classic Henson Park thriller! Lost me voice though...Great to see the crowds back again. Well done Jets!

2 True Blues

Coach
newtownbluebags said:
Fantastic result against the odds. A classic Henson Park thriller! Lost me voice though...Great to see the crowds back again. Well done Jets!

Where were you standing NB ???. Credit myself for gettin that NEWTOWN ( Clap clap clap ) NEWTOWN ( clap clap clap ) semi final cheer goin once again on the HILL and have lost my voice for atleast the week plus.......

What a fricken game. Totally awesome. 22 to 12 at half time against the undefeated second placed Balmain was looking scary !!

Then we came back and won the second half 20 to 6. What a defensive effort and display from the lads. GREAT stuff.

What an awesome effort from Andrew Le BRETON and a top game from Josh LEWIS. AWESOME stuff. HARD to pick a third best cause they all came third in the pickings but those two guys RULED the game for sure.

TTTTTTOOOOOOPPPPPP SSSSTTTTUUUUFFFF !!!! What a day for the underdogs.

Retaining the Neil PRINGLE sheild !!!

Still undefeated at HENSON... when winning with a junior jersey flegg and Jim Beam doublin up side, against an undefeated Balmain team.

Bluebags are 3 from 3. And still in the top eight and the premier league race without a doubt.....

GO THE MIGHTY JETS.......

PS.......I have lost me voice for atleast three days PLUS and MOST of the people on the HILL are reluctanty hard to get cheering loud, and the conversations about the price of lettuce at Marrickville shoping centre are really painfull......PUMP UP FANS !!!!!

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
Where were you standing NB ???. Credit myself for gettin that NEWTOWN ( Clap clap clap ) NEWTOWN ( clap clap clap ) semi final cheer goin once again on the HILL and have lost my voice for atleast the week plus.......

PS.......I have lost me voice for atleast three days PLUS and MOST of the people on the HILL are reluctanty hard to get cheering loud, and the conversations about the price of lettuce at Marrickville shoping centre are really painfull......PUMP UP FANS !!!!!

Hey, more & more people are starting to get the Jets cult. Friends of mine who have come to one game are now coming to the next one. Interestingly the Roosters Chook Pen are also starting to show their faces at Henson.

I think it helped having the WTF down the front on the hill. "Where were you when you were sh*t?" That gave us a bit more motivation to get into it & get the Newtown chants & songs going.

There is seriously something special about a day at Henson when the Jets are playing. This club, representing my local area nonetheless, has brought me back to the game of rugby league by playing exciting audacious devil-may-care football, even whilst behind & even with several players missing. :shock: The spirit of the Bumper Farrell & the old fighting Bluebags lives on in today's royal blue strip. What was it, 28-12 down & we still get up. Just incredible fellas!

Long live Fortress Henson! "Come on you Jets!":cool:

JF

PS:- Maybe if we can get everyone on the hill to stand in a tighter-knit group, we can get some better chanting & support going.:cool:

2 True Blues said:
Dawson Twins and Greg you both missed and absolute cracker of a HENSON game here !!!!

That's all I need to hear.

Somehow, watching the Shanghai Hairy Crabs Vs the Beijing Devils (feckin' Rah Rah) yesterday arvo is no kind of substitute.

For the record, the Crabs beat the Devils in a spiteful typical RU (see a head and kick it) kind of game.

Hope to get back and see a game at Henson again this season, though. That'd double my 2004/2005 average of one game a year.

hrundi99

First Grade
I made it just in time (with the wife in tow) to watch the game after taking my Dad home from hospital.

A great game of footy.

The anti-Tigers chants however were pretty lame. "Where were you when you were sh*t?" was pretty stupid given the guys were wearing old Balmain jerseys, and the fella complaining about bandwagon jumpers whilst wearing a new Swans shirt was ironic at best.

2 True Blues

Coach
I didn't even hear those chants mate at all. Was too busy watching the game, and cheerin my fricken dates off for the Bluebags. What a day, and what a game.

Did anyone see the full page photo's and stories in the Herald AND daily telegraph about the game, ( although they were centred upon mitchell PEARCE being Wayne PEARCE'S son ETC and beating the Tigers. Thought he played well, and his 40/20 was good too, but he FAR from won the game single handed like the stories seemed to imply !!!!. Though I agree he is a very talented young 17 yr old player, and a great prospect for the Roosters Club in years to come if they manage to retain him.

I for one would still want him in the side any day, but the write ups I felt played down the efforts of many of the other players, Who gave it all on the day. great all round team effort for sure !!!

And the first time in SIx games I have seen the lads play as a team. And this without many of the players who had been playin and had to step up to first grade due to injuries. Great game, and a memorable day....

Jeffles

Bench
A very good mental test for the Jets. Coming from behind and defending a small lead for an extended period of time will boost the confidence of the team.

Another great day at Henson. Two good home games coming up. Two double headers - Wenty/Bulldogs and Asquith/Souths.

2 True Blues

Coach

JF_Bay22_SCG said:
There is seriously something special about a day at Henson when the Jets are playing. This club, representing my local area nonetheless, has brought me back to the game of rugby league by playing exciting audacious devil-may-care football, even whilst behind & even with several players missing. :shock: The spirit of the Bumper Farrell & the old fighting Bluebags lives on in today's royal blue strip. What was it, 28-12 down & we still get up. Just incredible fellas!

Long live Fortress Henson! "Come on you Jets!":cool:

JF

PS:- Maybe if we can get everyone on the hill to stand in a tighter-knit group, we can get some better chanting & support going.:cool:

Well said mate. And I am definately all for gettin some better chanting and support going. Let's get louder fella's. I am sure it was good to let the guys know they have support. If we had a hundred supporters like those small group of balmian fans who were ( to their credit ) loudly supporting the Tigs, they would have heard us at Sydenham Railway station.....