What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd1: Eels v Titans GAME DAY THREAD @ Comm Bank Stadium 13/3/22

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA should select Oppy on the wing regardless of where he intends to play him.

Not my choice but with 15 mins to go I reckon BA will.
1. Gutho
2. Waqa
3. Penisini
4. Drown
5. Simonsson
6. Jrthur
7. Moses

I reckon Oppy into 14 the rest the same given Nrown was poor in the 2s and Marata was on crutches.
Whats the betting?
This place plus Bookface and The Dirty Spammers will erupt. Lol. TCT on the other hand may see it somewhat differently.

Gronk

Staff member
BA should select Oppy on the wing regardless of where he intends to play him.

Not my choice but with 15 mins to go I reckon BA will.
1. Gutho
2. Waqa
3. Penisini
4. Drown
5. Simonsson
6. Jrthur
7. Moses

I reckon Oppy into 14 the rest the same given Nrown was poor in the 2s and Marata was on crutches.
Whats the betting?
This place plus Bookface and The Dirty Spammers will erupt. Lol. TCT on the other hand may see it somewhat differently.
I'll have some of that. But me down for $20 that the backs will run out as per program.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yes but for some reason a majority of people on here would rather whinge about JA being in the side than our team leaking 5 tries. 🤷
That’s fair but I think the reason for that is it’s crystal clear to everyone that our defence was shocking and needs fixing. However, there seems to be debate over JA’s effectiveness and impact on the team which is why it has been the focus of discussion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s fair but I think the reason for that is it’s crystal clear to everyone that our defence was shocking and needs fixing. However, there seems to be debate over JA’s effectiveness and impact on the team which is why it has been the focus of discussion.
How can you judge Arthur's effectiveness without investigating why our defence was so bad?

Happy MEel

First Grade
O
How can you judge Arthur's effectiveness without investigating why our defence was so bad?
Our defence was so bad because Paps struggles on the edge, especially across 80 minutes. Our defence was so bad because we lost a winger and we had to completely shift our backline to accommodate it. Our defence was so bad because we had a shit attitude and took the Titans lightly when we got up and had no respect for the ball when we had it.
None of this prevents me from judging JA’s ineffectiveness with the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
O

Our defence was so bad because Paps struggles on the edge, especially across 80 minutes. Our defence was so bad because we lost a winger and we had to completely shift our backline to accommodate it. Our defence was so bad because we had a shit attitude and took the Titans lightly when we got up and had no respect for the ball when we had it.
None of this prevents me from judging JA’s ineffectiveness with the ball.
Jake Arthur created fewer tries per game than his average but then so did Moses and Gutherson in the second half. How do you know it's Arthur's fault? Those two had no problem creating opportunities in the same team as Arthur against weaker defences last year. Is he a worse player this year? How can you be sure after half a game?

lingard

Coach
What changed was that I thought about why he might be there and realised it was for injury cover, not impact. Like when other teams have a non-hooker spine player on the bench. I did say Opacic was more deserving of being the injury cover bloke on the bench, but then we're not covered if a half goes down.

So basically I was initially wrong, and so were you. But now it's just you who's wrong.
That's priceless. I f#cken love it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
18k crowd was ok

Probably 2-3k were there for the women's game that wouldn't have been there soley for the mens game

Gronk

Staff member
Look for the match review committee to hold a hospital bedside hearing v Sean Russell ~ back attacking the knee.

Latest posts