What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd1: Eels v Titans GAME DAY THREAD @ Comm Bank Stadium 13/3/22

Soto

Bench
Looking forward to getting to the game today.
Titans won't be easy but you would have to think with 2nd trial being cancelled and effectively some players not even playing 1 trial we should see them run out of puff.
Also a new halves pairing for them so wouldn't expect it to be fluent.
Their big boppers will come hard but we should have enough firepower and fitness to come away with the 2 points

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think something is wrong with me.

For twenty-two years, the Eels were my passion.

Now we are hours away from opening our campaign for 2022, and I honestly am totally ambivalent about it.

I'm not excited at all.

I used to get so excited about the footy.

I don't know what's changed.
Still six hours to get fired up mate!!

But I do understand, I think we have a team that can go a long way this year but I still have doubts we have the coaching staff that can get the best out them. We wait and hope though……………

Eelogical

Referee
I think something is wrong with me.

For twenty-two years, the Eels were my passion.

Now we are hours away from opening our campaign for 2022, and I honestly am totally ambivalent about it.

I'm not excited at all.

I used to get so excited about the footy.

I don't know what's changed.
I'm the same. I dint get excited until the finals or a big game when we are going well.
A game against Titans I find hard to get overly excited about.
If you merkins aren't excited how is BA supposed to get the lads pumped for the game? You know they all read the forum.........ffs!

King-Gutho94

Coach
The weather looks decent hopefully we can get 20-25k to the game.

Yes its the titans arent big drawers but no home game in 9 months and sunday arvo should be a good crowd.

And we can live up to our reputation of having the largest membership in the game by getting commbank close to full.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Yes its the titans arent big drawers but no home game in 9 months and sunday arvo should be a good crowd.

And we can live up to our reputation of having the largest membership in the game by getting commbank close to full.

We get over 20k would be remarkable IMO

Puplic transport is limited and all over the shop due to flooding

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Still six hours to get fired up mate!!

But I do understand, I think we have a team that can go a long way this year but I still have doubts we have the coaching staff that can get the best out them. We wait and hope though……………
That had nothing to do with his actual point. It’s amazing how you can turn everything into a criticism of our coaching staff.

Probably BAs fault that you didn’t pull a root last night as well…

Gazzamatta

Coach

Well there sfa here so far. Broncs and Drag Women H/T. 12 to 6.

Chipmunk

Coach
Season is back, they've certainly talked the talk in the pre-season...can they walk the walk for the season proper when it matters. Time will tell.

The time for talk is over...just get it done.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Season is back, they've certainly talked the talk in the pre-season...can they walk the walk for the season proper when it matters. Time will tell.

The time for talk is over...just get it done.
They haven't said shit in fairness. If they have been written up as favourites then thats all on the media who have inexplicably backed them this season despite them being virtually the same team as last year.

Chipmunk

Coach
They haven't said shit in fairness. If they have been written up as favourites then thats all on the media who have inexplicably backed them this season despite them being virtually the same team as last year.
This indicates otherwise.

Eelectrica

Referee
Titans are dangerous these days, but ball control and defense isn't really their thing.
Should win this one, bigger challenges await.
It's round 1 I'd hope complacency won't be an issue.