What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

Delboy

First Grade
I honestly think it was the best shape we have played in a long time. A coach can't make a pass stick or stop two runaway tries off errors. Understanbly we are frustrated as fans but that was so much better than other games we have played. I'm confident with mitch back we can win alot of games
I’ve said it before, the game has changed and our R$R and coaching has not moved by getting players with speed to provide the finishing touches. Can’t blame the forwards , when it gets wide or we get a half chance, there’s no ne outside of maybe Simmonson to do what the Broncos 3/4 line can do, and he’s not quite as quick as them. We apparently have had chances to sign players but things like wages didn’t match our expectations.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Normally you speak with some common sense but c'mon mate don't be like these other merkins. He got his timing wrong once and then slipped for the mam try. He was outstanding

I'm not just talking about the Mam try - that was unfortunate.

At this point in time, I see a kid with potential to be above average, but the talk is that he will be a generational talent.

That's what I'm saying - I don't see that in him yet.

He was very good tonight, and I'm happy to give him that credit.

DaveMc

Juniors
I honestly think it was the best shape we have played in a long time. A coach can't make a pass stick or stop two runaway tries off errors. Understanbly we are frustrated as fans but that was so much better than other games we have played. I'm confident with mitch back we can win alot of games
Again, what am I missing? This was a very poor performance. Beaten 13+ by a team without their key player (or at the very least, one of their two key players). Since when does being beaten by 16 at homenbecome an acceptable standard? This was not good. We are f**ked for the foreseeable future.

Eelementary

Post Whore
By the way - I'm not saying I think Talagi is a bum.

I'm just saying that I don't see greatness in him at this point in time, like many other people do.

It probably suggests that I'm a shit judge of football talent, more than anything.

I clearly see he has a lot of potential.

Stormy36

Juniors
Again, what am I missing? This was a very poor performance. Beaten 13+ by a team without their key player (or at the very least, one of their two key players). Since when does being beaten by 16 at homenbecome an acceptable standard? This was not good. We are f**ked for the foreseeable future.
Do you not rate Broncos back 5?

eels4life87

Juniors
It will fix some things. And you want to keep the same coach despite him not winning anything in 11 years but a wooden spoon.
Considering the eels literally made the grand final less than two years ago you’re right. I don’t see the panic stations

hineyrulz

Post Whore
1 grand final and 2 wooden spoons. Similar to how it's gone with Arthur - 1 grand final and 1 wooden spoon, (possibly another one coming)
And in 06,07 and 09 we were beaten every time by a cheating Storm team.

We have never ever looked a contender under Sir Baldalot.

More contract extensions than finals wins and 3 of those have been against 8th placed teams. What a record Bea has when it matters.

Latest posts