What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

the phantom menace

First Grade
Having watched the replay, we were hanging with them into the early second half, particularly being first to score points after the break (thanks purely to Dylan) just when we needed to.

But the two big momentum swingers in the match were:

A. The Lussick pass into Lane's shoulder (dropped and directly resulting in a Cobbo try), and

B. Lussick's poor choices/kicking following the Brown try - which essentially lead to the Maam try and our heads going down, since the Broncos had gotten out of our reach (even with 27 mins to go).

So if Sivo was criticised by coach and captain in the previous game's pres conference for doing stupid things, Lussick should be similarly roasted and criticised for the same.

But will BA actually have the guts to drop Sivo or Lussick, for their stupidity....?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I didn't mind Lussick too much, tbh.

This game change my opinion.

He's forcing stupid passes, thinking he's Cameron Smith out of dummy-half with his kicking, and taking the wrong option on a regular basis.

But the best thing about it all is that Brad will not make any changes.

yy_cheng

Coach
I didn't mind Lussick too much, tbh.

This game change my opinion.

He's forcing stupid passes, thinking he's Cameron Smith out of dummy-half with his kicking, and taking the wrong option on a regular basis.

But the best thing about it all is that Brad will not make any changes.
More often then not he will give it to dyl on an attackibg play rather than count numbers

TheParraboy

Staff member
Having watched the replay, we were hanging with them into the early second half, particularly being first to score points after the break (thanks purely to Dylan) just when we needed to.

But the two big momentum swingers in the match were:

A. The Lussick pass into Lane's shoulder (dropped and directly resulting in a Cobbo try), and

B. Lussick's poor choices/kicking following the Brown try - which essentially lead to the Maam try and our heads going down, since the Broncos had gotten out of our reach (even with 27 mins to go).

So if Sivo was criticised by coach and captain in the previous game's pres conference for doing stupid things, Lussick should be similarly roasted and criticised for the same.

But will BA actually have the guts to drop Sivo or Lussick, for their stupidity....?

Just goes to show how much losing Reed is damaging us IMO.

The main rakes we have had Hodgson and Lussick have been underwhelming , and we seem not to want to develop or nurture Hands in the role ( playing 5/8th mostly in reserves, and tiny stints from the bench)

Such an important position on the field, probably most important. We don’t need a superstar. Just someone to be mentally on song with his passes , with the odd run from dummy half, the odd kick . All traits Reed was very good at

Mind boggling why we didn’t go after Marshall King, would have got him at a decent price and we win 2-3 more games more this year alone and make the finals last year IMO.

For all the talk we need a fast strong winger, quality centre… I’d really be looking to fix the 9 position, sooner than later

Not sure whats happened to Lussick, was pretty good at his last stint at parra, he may come good eventually??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just goes to show how much losing Reed is damaging us IMO.
If he was still here he would still be isolated in defence as soon as the big boys fatigued and he would still be missing a ton of tackles and he would absolutely be the scapegoat, and merkins would be whinging about why did we re-sign him, and why isn't he as good as he was.

TheParraboy

Staff member
If he was still here he would still be isolated in defence as soon as the big boys fatigued and he would still be missing a ton of tackles and he would absolutely be the scapegoat, and merkins would be whinging about why did we re-sign him, and why isn't he as good as he was.

Nice deflection of the current issues,,

Lets look at that defence

Against Penrith Reed 64 tackles 88.45% efficiency
Against Broncos Lussick 35 tackles 89.74% efficiency

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nice deflection of the current issues,,

Lets look at that defence

Against Penrith Reed 64 tackles 88.45% efficiency
Against Broncos Lussick 35 tackles 89.74% efficiency
I agree Mahoney is a better defender, but if we're going to be dumb enough to compare players over a massive sample of one game, let's compare apples with apples and show their stats against the same opponent:

MerkinMinutesTacklesTackle efficiencyTackles per minute
Lussick (rd 2)774093%0.52
Mahoney (rd 10)806489%0.8

the phantom menace

First Grade
I don't think that stat/game you've pulled out of your arse supports your apparent argument (which likely came from the same place).

93% of 40 tackles is 37.2 effective tackles in 77 mins by Lussick
89% of 64 tackles is 56.96 effective effective tackles in 80 mins by Mahoney.

So your Pou-point again, was...? Your new defence of Lussick is...?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I couldn't care less about Mahoney.

He moved on and hope he rots in the kennel at Belmore.

I dont think he would make a big difference to our issues right now. Out attack near the try line was still predictable with Mahoney in dummy half. He did have a slightly better kicking game but overall he was a weakness in D near the tryline. And still a speed hump mostly when isolated in defence.

It's more of an issue of who we have replaced him with since he left.

hindy111

Post Whore
I couldn't care less about Mahoney.

He moved on and hope he rots in the kennel at Belmore.

I dont think he would make a big difference to our issues right now. Out attack near the try line was still predictable with Mahoney in dummy half. He did have a slightly better kicking game but overall he was a weakness in D near the tryline. And still a speed hump mostly when isolated in defence.

It's more of an issue of who we have replaced him with since he left.

IMO he will win a grand final there.

Latest posts