What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD at BankWest 23/5/21

hindy111

Post Whore
We are seeing exactly what I predicted.
A football side that has gone after our weaknesses by a smart coach. Exposing us and ripping our assholes apart. 3 x line breaks while they had 12 men.
We just have grunt. We now will play the better sides in back half of season.. Grunt alone won't get the job done. We lack speed and skill in the backs. Doubt our attack will bother any of the well drilled defensive units. It slow and predictable.
We play no football.

Soto

Bench
Smells of the St.george game I'm afraid. No patience, being out enthused and out played...
Manly have exposed that shit right side defence.
Also why would u kick to Saab in the air when he's 8ft 7???

Stevie

Bench
Brandy: “Not really a send off Nathan Brown really fell into it”.

What? He was standing still and got clean contact to the head!!!

f**k off Brandy!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Line breaks 5-1 to Manly while we had with 57% possession.
Embarrassing from what we have built. A grunt machine with low skill level.

Chipmunk

Coach
We were very very poor when Manly were down to 12 men, and Manly deserved that last try to be honest. We never looked like doing anything whilst they were down to 12 men, but they looked like doing plenty.

We're hardly in the contest at this stage.

We're at a point where we get little out of winning today and we're probably performing accordingly.

I can't see us winning this one and from here we probably get little out of getting the points.

T-Boon

Coach
Lets sign Izzy and get the roosters to do the paperwork to the NRL for approval on our behalf.

Eelogical

Referee
A football side that has gone after our weaknesses by a smart coach. Exposing us and ripping our assholes apart. 3 x line breaks while they had 12 men.
We just have grunt. We now will play the better sides in back half of season.. Grunt alone won't get the job done. We lack speed and skill in the backs. Doubt our attack will bother any of the well drilled defensive units. It slow and predictable.
We play no football.
Weren't you the one saying give Waqa a break earlier in the week?

Gronk

Staff member
Turbo is next level. Once in a generation and a pleasure to watch.

Eels are spreading the ball before earning the right. They are not bending the line. Forwards needs to man up.

Dibs

Bench
We won’t take the step from good side to top side until we fix our edge defense. 13 on 12 and we can’t find space on the edges, yet Manly find it easy on us even though they have less players on the field. I’m terrified what will happen when we get players sent to the bin.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Making metres, physically in it.

but playing stupid absolutely horrible footy!! So stupid !!

we have several sets on the manly try line but 4 sets we don’t complete the set. Cartwright and Matterson absolutely brain farts moves. Stupid forward pass by a middle and Moses WTF was that pass? Really?

complete those sets and we are probably in front!!

then our right side defence is horrible again. Wait to see if it improves once Drown is back, if not bye bye Blake ...Marata is centre

Sivo, next time in the clear f**ken run don’t stop.

Just need to be smarter in the second half, build pressure not going for the miracle play!!

And Parker try happy for it to be awarded but gee just be consistent. Impossible to over refs decision.

strider

Post Whore
They are defending well ... they arent missing tackles and are scrambling well

We just arent making reads in defense. Dunno if they are trying to help jake too much ... trust him and let him make his tackles

IFR33K

Coach
We play no football.

Yeah but with the stability Marata supplied in the centres, we can frustrate teams. Choke them out of games. But we’re being exposed like a mf’er at will. Even with 12 men we’ve struggled to contain them.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm very frustrated - a chance to go to outright second, and this is how we show up.

I predicted we would be shown up by a much smarter side. We just have grunt.
We play no footy and have one attacking move and it's getting very old already. f**k me. The sweep to the left hey. f**kn putrid attack and we do not look like finding space. Even with 12 men we found nothing while they opened us up multiple times.
As I have said before. Fergo is way past it. Garbage

lucablight

First Grade
Our goal line attack is really poor. It has been an issue for most of the season but we’ve managed to have an overwhelming amount of possession in a lot of those games and run over the top of teams at the end. Really poor to have 57% possession and be down by 10.