1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Aug 2, 2020.

1. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Well it doesn’t specify who the catcher has to be, and he may have been likely to be aware that the person in row c was in front of him, if they were in fact in front of him

T.S Quint likes this.
  2. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

We are definitely comparable to the Roosters. We play in the same competition as them. If something applies to us why doesn't it also apply to them?

Eelementary likes this.
  3. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Annesley has thrown ref under bus again for the Montoya no try. Am I the only one who sees Meaney(?) catch it on the inside of RFM? Which means regardless of Moses decision, it’s a penalty?

4. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

For me at least, it is not a matter of "getting cut". No one on here has said that we are mental giants, or premiership favourites. But a few on here, you included, seem hell bent on bringing down our team at every opportunity and comparing us to teams like the Roosters and Storm at every opportunity, as long as you can be seen to be sledging us and I for one am a little bit sick of it.

Were the Roosters mentally soft in 2016 when they had an 6-18 win/loss record?
    Or 2017 when they finished second but lost 7 games in the process?
    Or 2018 and 2019 when despite winning the comp, they lost 8 and 7 games on the way there?

We have lost 2 games from 12 so far this year (a better % ratio then the Roosters have had in any season of the last 10 or more) and sure, some of our wins haven't been pretty but they are still wins and we are still tracking for a top 4 finish.

Kornstar, Dibs, eels_fan and 3 others like this.
  5. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

I commented on that at the time.

Eelementary likes this.
  6. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Depends on other side also. I reckon Knights and Panthers will be better teams next year.

Gazzamatta and Eelementary like this.
  7. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Well? Which way do you see it FFS?

8. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

You stole my power ranking code.

Motherf**ker

Eelementary likes this.
  9. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

I don't remember.

10. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Why don’t you and the Eels just get a room?

And then let me know the room number

Eelementary likes this.
  11. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

I don't care about a few bad games. It is about improving. I don't think we are at this point. But I still think our game if we put in 100% intensity which you can not do for 20 rnds of footy during finals then we are good enough to beat anyone.
    It would be worse to play well and put 100% energy in like the dogs did and still not win.

If we improved as a side though we could go into the finals where I would be surprised if we lost the game. Currently there are 3 sides better then us and if it was finals they would be favourites. But it wouldn't be a blow out. My guess is $2.50 Bar Roosters,Penrith and the Storm I would have us at $1.50.

A long way to go in this season. 3 or 4 good games and we most likely go into those games at a $1.85 split. If we can improve we may be the $1.50 favourites.

Eelementary likes this.
  12. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

Yeah I thought RFM hit Moses' outside shoulder and the ball was caught behind the lead runner. But Fox, especially Ennis, have to have controversy in every single game

Eelementary likes this.
  13. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

That's how I saw it, too.

14. Delboy

Delboy First Grade

Annesley seems to waver in the wind on these issues,when it occurred it looked a perfect interference run into the defensive line, one which is penalised every time.

perhaps not a pc reply, but he wimps out at times over some controversial decisions and is happy to throw refs under the bus when they make what seems a good decision on the fly. Strange times.

Eelementary likes this.
  15. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Sledging? Merely pointing out we still have a soft underbelly, and the issue hasn’t been addressed in years. Yes the team is going good to date, but there’s always room for improvement. If you’re sick of seeing these posts, you have the ignore feature just like everyone else.

hineyrulz and Eelementary like this.
  16. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

Maybe a little complacency set in.

I mean, I don't mean any disrespect to the Dogs, but given their ladder position, and ours, maybe the team thought that they would run away with it easily.

And after 40 minutes, they were right.

What was pleasing was that - despite the lack of ball we had in the second half - we held them out defending a 2-point lead.

Eels teams of years past would have surrendered, and found a way to lose that game.

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  17. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

BA said it himself the dressing shed was like a morgue. What’s the issue if fans repeat that. The talent is there, most players have played finals footy, so experience shouldn’t be an issue. Up to BA to extract the best out of the players over the coming weeks and get the team firing for the finals

Eelementary likes this.
  18. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

I thought the Doggies deserved a bit of credit, they have certainly improved for mine

19. Eelementary

Eelementary Post Whore

Well, I mean, we do have quite a few players in key positions (hooker, edge forward, 5/8, wing) who haven't played more than 100 games each...but I do see what you're saying.

20. Tooooks

Tooooks Juniors

Lucky we’re off to our best start to a season in 40 years or we’d really be miserable.