What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
We just aren’t as good as the better teams. We don’t have the skill and personnel across the park. The sooner merkins accept that the better.
Well why not f**k face?? Arthur has had more than ample time to assemble a side that should be good enough to challenge a title.

How stupid are the Arthur defenders to think close enough is good enough. You guys must be accustomed to mediocrity in your lives.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But someone ran around Marata in one of those wins...
Opacic is the best defensive centre at the club. If he couldn't stop a three on one there's no chance Niukore will be able to do it. The key is better defence in the middle, to minimise opportunities out wide. Today we missed RCG in the middle, plus only got 17 minutes out of Kaufusi. Lucky we still had Niukore there or we could've been proper f**ked.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think the issue we've run into the last two weeks, is that by the time we've go around to play our game, we don't actually get anything out of winning or losing, as our position on the ladder wasn't going to change. So you can see why the attitude is what it is.

I think this is going to be an ongoing issue for the reminder of the season.

TheParraboy

Staff member
And Manly’s board didn’t leak to cause a salary cap scandal either ...

BA has only had a decent go since 2017....

anyhow name a coach who should replace BA.........if it’s Bellamy / Robinson let’s go for it !!

im not writing off this season or BA just yet, but if we dont make top 4, and whimper out of the finals then the pressure is on. Even if you want to only include 2017 on wards, not many coaches survive 5 years (6 yrs next year) without a grand final qualifier and a wooden spoon on their CV.

If we are heading for a change id say this time next year is the call, for season 2023 and beyond. New coach possibly starts if we boot Arthur mid season next year

I wouldnt be opposed if Dean Pay was announced. Though many may see him as a bush coach like BA :rolleyes:

Maybe we need to think outside the box (or into the abyss) and get in Seibold , for a complete change of landscape :oops:

Angry_eel

First Grade
I watched the game delayed and I was expecting a loss but there were a few passages were Souths let us in and we just sucked.

I reckon Gutho and Arthur need to have a hand on heart and be honest if they know what they're doing because it didn't look like either of them have a clue.

I reckon it about to get worse. If missing Brown and RCG could do this to us imagine missing Origin players. Even teams before 8 might get us.

King-Gutho94

Coach
im not writing off this season or BA just yet, but if we dont make top 4, and whimper out of the finals then the pressure is on. Even if you want to only include 2017 on wards, not many coaches survive 5 years (6 yrs next year) without a grand final qualifier and a wooden spoon on their CV.

If we are heading for a change id say this time next year is the call, for season 2023 and beyond. New coach possibly starts if we boot Arthur mid season next year

I wouldnt be opposed if Dean Pay was announced. Though many may see him as a bush coach like BA :rolleyes:

Maybe we need to think outside the box (or into the abyss) and get in Seibold , for a complete change of landscape :oops:

There isnt much out there really. Out of all the young coaches you could go Cameron Ciraldo has got Penriths defence to an unbreakable level. Seems like a good man manager as well.

And before the argument about trent barrett was assistant as well at penrith last year and look how the dogs are travelling. Not even bellamy could turn around the dogs atm. Plus Barrett was a failure at manly and i reckon is a ricky stuart 2.0. Never takes accountability for anything always whinging and seems to get a rails run in the media.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I have been a BA fan but not against a change, but not a change for the sake of it, it needs to be a better option

the only available option with a history of getting a similar squad to a GF / premiership is Bennett....

I’m not into blaming refs for our loss. And it was our fault that we lost but Souths were up racing out of the line every set getting 3-4m starts. Ref only pinged once or twice.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So is it player or structure Poo?
I think it's players, in the sense that we have necessary defensive weaknesses (necessary because they are related to our essential attacking/kicking players), and to cover those weaknesses we need everyone to do their job. Sometimes not everyone does. Is it the coach's fault? Bellamy/Bennett/Robinson's teams have all shat themselves from time to time. It happens.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well why not f**k face?? Arthur has had more than ample time to assemble a side that should be good enough to challenge a title.

How stupid are the Arthur defenders to think close enough is good enough. You guys must be accustomed to mediocrity in your lives.
Coaches don't assemble teams, clubs do. Every advantage and disadvantage organic to the club is a factor in its ability to recruit, retain and develop players and staff. Those players and staff might be useful figureheads, but none of them are sufficiently influential to be made scapegoats.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Just accept it you steaming pile of beaver semen!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ref only pinged once or twice.
Gzt6XmL.gif

Gazzamatta

Coach
I have a suspicion Junior is carrying an injury. Huge padding on his sternum these past few weeks and a reluctance to attempt any offload. His form has dropped greatly.

I have a suspicion Junior is carrying an injury. Huge padding on his sternum these past few weeks and a reluctance to attempt any offload. His form has dropped greatly.

the whole team was reluctant to try an offload. First off load wasn’t until 10 mins into the second half.we were so one dimensional.

IFR33K

Coach
An 18 point loss isn't a bad result against a better team on paper. Hopefully they're down on luck when we meet them again.

The score line wasn’t a true indication of the game. The stats are tellIng, especially the line breaks. We’re a one dimensional team that bases our game on bash and barge. Our halves get criticized weekly, but they’re only carrying out the game plans. We have no flamboyance about us. Way too structured in attack and a loose cannon in defense. The better teams will work us out and have our measure. There’s no early ball movement, bodies in motion, decoys, nice backline shifts. Set after set yesterday was one out. Even the offloads have dried up. These tactics will only get you so far.

IFR33K

Coach
Just one thing... Souths have the most potent left edge in the game and use it every week, no matter who they are up against.

And did we honestly look prepared for it? They’ve come off two hidings, and massacred us last night.