What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a tip, it wasn't Blake we were catering for.

of course not, he's such a good defender that the player outside the 17 needed Opa to help him out in defense

you still don't get the fact that if Blake was not such a poor defender, we wouldn't have had to make any changes in the first place

lingard

Coach
im not writing off this season or BA just yet, but if we dont make top 4, and whimper out of the finals then the pressure is on. Even if you want to only include 2017 on wards, not many coaches survive 5 years (6 yrs next year) without a grand final qualifier and a wooden spoon on their CV.

If we are heading for a change id say this time next year is the call, for season 2023 and beyond. New coach possibly starts if we boot Arthur mid season next year

I wouldnt be opposed if Dean Pay was announced. Though many may see him as a bush coach like BA :rolleyes:

Maybe we need to think outside the box (or into the abyss) and get in Seibold , for a complete change of landscape :oops:

Seibold would be the LAST person I would consider.

strider

Post Whore
I didn't see game but I told everyone any side who can move the ball will open us up like a can of worms. Not rocket science.
This is true ... we are susceptible to any team who are good at getting outside their opponent and souths have been best at that in recent years. And being one man less a quarter of the game just makes it worse

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
Sterlo on the footy show was pretty vocal on our edge defensive structures almost to the point of calling out the coaching team.
I think there is a reasonably easy fix for the right coach to apply. Do we have the right coach?

Tooooks

Bench
The thing is nothing will be done. No one will be dropped, the coaching staff will be doing the same thing at training hoping something changes game day

And we’ll have the same attack and defence coaches next year despite them being hopeless.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The thing is nothing will be done. No one will be dropped, the coaching staff will be doing the same thing at training hoping something changes game day
It's the age of the salary cap. You can drop top 17 players but a club is unlikely to have someone better to replace them with. The bloke who will be missing from next week's team will be Jake Arthur, and his replacement will significantly improve our right side defence. Otherwise who do we bring in? Dunster and Makahesi Makatoa ffs???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Your assuming we make top 4.
Not at all. We are in the top six or so teams, and there are only three top four certainties. So we will be fighting for that final top four spot with a few others. I give us a maybe 25% chance of a top four finish. No different from last year. Hopefully we get a chance to play a weaker team in the finals. Titans or Knights, someone like that.

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
It’s funny the calls to replace BA the last 12 months.. yet you look at the upcoming/rookie coaches and how they are performing

Walters
Barrett
O’Brien
Holbrook

who were judged to be the best of the next crop of coaches....

grass isn’t always greener on the other side
I like M Maguire and Hook

IFR33K

Coach
It's the age of the salary cap. You can drop top 17 players but a club is unlikely to have someone better to replace them with. The bloke who will be missing from next week's team will be Jake Arthur, and his replacement will significantly improve our right side defence. Otherwise who do we bring in? Dunster and Makahesi Makatoa ffs???

How about dropping a player or two and putting the rest on notice. Fergo and sivo should of been dropped last season but weren’t. Maybe we should persist going the rest of the season with fragile
Edges. Ffs

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Do we have A defensive coach????

Apparently we've had the same one of the past 2 seasons but whats changed?

Ok we're not getting lapped every week but against the top sides nothings changed. Its the same defensive mentality for the past 2 seasons. Games like this proves why we've been written off so many times, even though they sit comfortably on the top 8 but if they dont learn from this towards the finals, then they're wasting their time.

Latest posts