What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree. 2 weeks in a row where I havent been that impressed but we are still winning comfortably. Big test in a couple of weeks against the chocolate soldiers.

They will be primed also for a win after dropping 4 points.
I'm happy we roll along and work on weakness. I think Dunster stays when we are full strength.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Obviously Dunster has opacic/Drown helping. But he did pretty good today. Doesn’t rush out of the line very often and forces the opposition to make a decision first. And a couple of times a player got outside him, he had the speed to cover (or Drown / Opacic covered)

it appears Dunster decision making gives Opacic / Drown time to come across and “help out”. Where as Fergo just rushed out giving no one a chance.

Dunster just needs to work on his attack / more runs / more metres. Only made 66 m / 6 runs , but a decent average of 10 m a run.
Dunster also turns quickly. Fergo turns like The Queen Mary. Additionally I noticed today our D covered much more of the field when defending inside our 30ish. I even saw Oppy and Dunny slide in D. I'm telling you it was a sight to behold. Not sure I ever saw the Waqa/Fergo combination do that on our right.

Gazzamatta

Coach
penisini to debut maybe. Good game to give him a chance against the dogs. Plenty of young centres debut on the wing
He looked strong today JTE but I've been equally impressed with Russell. He's definitely getting better.
Rankin is the guy who deserves a chance. He runs the 2s. Would like to see him use his skills in the 1s at some point.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Was so nice to see a genuine 9 finally get a run after over 2 years of gash replacements when Rheed was out. Hopefully we never see Smith (let me kick boys), Stone or who ever else the coaching staff can conjure up, ever get the gig again. Roach should be next cab off the rank. Period.

Gronk

Staff member
He looked strong today JTE but I've been equally impressed with Russell. He's definitely getting better.
Rankin is the guy who deserves a chance. He runs the 2s. Would like to see him use his skills in the 1s at some point.
Rankin is behind Arthur in the pecking order. Unless we desperately need a GK, he stays in reggies and captains the kindergarten.

hindy111

Post Whore
Rheed will miss next week. But then there is a week off for everyone. Followed by the Panthers and then we have a Bye.
I read 3-6 weeks out. So he has missed one. Next week is two against Dogs and then a bye would be 3.
He might be back vs Pennies but if not I'd imagine he will be against the Titans. Missing 3 games in total rather then 5.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon Sivo & Papali’i are both looking at 2-3 weeks

I would say 1-2....
What did Munster get for his kick in origin?
Papali was dirty and unsure why he did it. He does deserve what he cops. With all the byes a 2 game ban could mean a 4 week break. Nice rest.

hindy111

Post Whore
If we play Penrith without Rheed,Sivo,Papali I give us a small chance. But if we chalk up a win against the Dogs I feel we have cemented a top 8 spot and will also only have to win 50% of games to make the top 4.
Great to see Waqa play well. He is a talented kid.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Rankin is behind Arthur in the pecking order. Unless we desperately need a GK, he stays in reggies and captains the kindergarten.
Yeah thats obvious Gronky but as much as Jruther got the nod and should be developed slowly it should have been Rankin. He's deserved his chance.

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA said in the presser that Reed wants to play vs Panthers but given we have the bye after that he wants to play it safe
I don’t think we’ll see Reed until the GC game.
Probably the most animated presser I've heard from BA. Was actually quite good.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Rheed will miss next week. But then there is a week off for everyone. Followed by the Panthers and then we have a Bye.
I read 3-6 weeks out. So he has missed one. Next week is two against Dogs and then a bye would be 3.
He might be back vs Pennies but if not I'd imagine he will be against the Titans. Missing 3 games in total rather then 5.

BA in press conference said Mahoney wants to be back for panthers game but he probably won’t be back until after the bye (basically he will make him sit out until then)

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah thats obvious Gronky but as much as Jruther got the nod and should be developed slowly it should have been Rankin. He's deserved his chance.

W.Smith will be there if we cop another injury. If he isn't available I'd move Gutherson or Matterson there before giving Arthur another go. He needs to learn to tackle first. Kid is 18. No rush on him.

Wally21

Bench
We would have found a way to lose matches like like that not too long ago. This time around we played scrappy and put 40 on them.

What every happened to good teams win ugly ? That used to be a positive thing, but not here at the Eels.
It was a great “ugly” win

Wally21

Bench
We would of lost against a decent side but the Tigers were beyond Shitful. Good to get the win but hardly anything to get excited about.

We are miles away from the top sides it’s not even close, we had all the ball and all the calls and we only put them away when they lose a player in the bin.
Sorry bro, disagree respectfully. The fact that we were average and still scored 40 points is far better than we would expect normally

Last edited:

Wally21

Bench
If that moron in the bunker called the elbow to the head on RCG, then even the idiot Atkins would have given a penalty at least and Papali’i most likely wouldnt have felt the need to exact some sort of revenge.

Atkins/Perenara what could go wrong 🥴
Perenara makes me so f**king angry. He is still dirty that he was so shit for us

Latest posts