What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

Avenger

Immortal
People need to stop arguing. NOVAK is the greatest ever. Won atleast 2 of every avaikable slam.
There will be no arguments after Wimbledon, the Olympics and the US Open. He will take over the other 2 and ironically even justifiably win the Golden Slam on the very soil that hates him the most.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon once he gets used to the speed and physicality of first grade he'll be making more runs. The more experienced backs have stepped up the past 2 weeks

He made plenty last week. His runs have been ok imo. Hardly dominated. I like his composure.
I watched Penisini and Russel closely. Both improved out of sight since I seen early this year. Perhaps 10 games ago. Penisini might be ready sooner then I thought. He would offer more in attack the Opacic. Unsure how his defense would hold up. Tom is one of the better defenders in comp at his position.

hindy111

Post Whore
There will be no arguments after Wimbledon, the Olympics and the US Open. He will take over the other 2 and ironically even justifiably win the Golden Slam on the very soil that hates him the most.

If I was to put another name up it would be only Pete Sampras.
Federer never looked comfortable beating Novak. If it wasn't for Novak's I juries he would have 25 slams by now.

Soto

Bench
It’s strengthened it because Tomislav is right up there as one of the best defensive centres in the game.
Hey Avenger you do know Tom is actually not Serbian right? He was interviewed on SEN a few weeks back and said the name is a Serb name but his dad is Slovenian.

I also found the following. Relates to him being picked for Serbia in 2016 - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...ws-story/e2c2797ac9987aa2fa27842a15b38a5a?amp

BRONCO IN ELIGIBILITY SCANDAL

THE Rugby League International Federation is facing a fresh eligibility drama after the Serbian Rugby League yesterday chose an NRL star who claims he isn’t Serbian.

Broncos centre Tom Opacic was one of the big guns named by Serbia for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Italy.

But there is one major problem – Opacic recently told The Inside Mail he has Slovenian, not Serbian, bloodlines.

Slovenia is a neighbouring Balkan nation 635km away from Serbia, but surely not close enough for RLIF officials to turn a blind eye.

In any event, Opacic won’t be wearing a Serbian jumper anytime soon. The Broncos rookie will undergo shoulder surgery this week and faces five months on the sidelines.
======================================
Nevertheless I'm a big fan and he has been terrific and is excellent value for money.
Runs good lines and defensively very good. Glad to see we extended for another year. Go Tomislav

Avenger

Immortal
Hey Avenger you do know Tom is actually not Serbian right? He was interviewed on SEN a few weeks back and said the name is a Serb name but his dad is Slovenian.

I also found the following. Relates to him being picked for Serbia in 2016 - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-inside-mail-home-of-all-the-hottest-nrl-news-and-gossip/news-story/e2c2797ac9987aa2fa27842a15b38a5a?amp

THE Rugby League International Federation is facing a fresh eligibility drama after the Serbian Rugby League yesterday chose an NRL star who claims he isn’t Serbian.

Broncos centre Tom Opacic was one of the big guns named by Serbia for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Italy.

But there is one major problem – Opacic recently told The Inside Mail he has Slovenian, not Serbian, bloodlines.

Slovenia is a neighbouring Balkan nation 635km away from Serbia, but surely not close enough for RLIF officials to turn a blind eye.

In any event, Opacic won’t be wearing a Serbian jumper anytime soon. The Broncos rookie will undergo shoulder surgery this week and faces five months on the sidelines.
Nevertheless I'm a big fan and he has been terrific and is excellent value for money.
Runs good lines and defensively very good. Glad to see we extended for another year. Go Tomislav
I have plenty of relatives in Slovenia. I go there every time I go to Europe. Plenty of Serbs moved there after WW2. Non issue for me. Slovenians are Cool and their country was part of the Yugoslavian Kingdom that the Serbs ruled.

Gronk

Staff member

I also found the following. Relates to him being picked for Serbia in 2016 - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-inside-mail-home-of-all-the-hottest-nrl-news-and-gossip/news-story/e2c2797ac9987aa2fa27842a15b38a5a?amp

@Soto are you trying to rip this club apart ? Sometimes you just need to keep information like that close to your chest.
Anyway, I will try and wright the ship.

Gronk

Staff member
I have plenty of relatives in Slovenia. I go there every time I go to Europe. Plenty of Serbs moved there after WW2. Non issue for me. Slovenians are Cool and their country was part of the Yugoslavian Kingdom that the Serbs ruled.
He still calls Serb-i-a, home ?

Soto

Bench
@Soto are you trying to rip this club apart ? Sometimes you just need to keep information like that close to your chest.
Anyway, I will try and wright the ship.

Just thought let's not drag this out longer than it needs to be. But hey Djokovic is the greatest of all time. I watched that match last night and well into the morning and he came out in the 3rd set and just took complete control. Tsitsipas will win a few grand slams and this is a match he will learn enormously from.
I don't understand the Djokovic hate. For the record I'm not Serbian but he is one of my all time favourites. He has a personality and is very charismatic whereas the other 2 are too serious.
I reckon Djokovic has a couple more slams left in him.