What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread @ BankWest Stadium 20/6/21

hindy111

Post Whore
A funny thought. St start of season would you take Isiah Papali or Josh Papali?
Of course it is Josh.

But now who would you take? I'll be honest I have never in my life seen an average NRL player explode like this. Is there a better 2nd rower now?
Kikau has gone of the boil, Fifita perhaps but he costs 1.2mill.
Isaiah has been our best signing in 20yrs. Whoever chased him to sign deserves a lot of credit.

Gronk

Staff member
You didn’t say anything wrong mate. We struggled against the team coming LAST.
We beat them by 26. They fought hard, but everyone said before the game that we were a 30 point better team than the dogs. So that was pretty much right in the end.

hindy111

Post Whore
We beat them by 26. They fought hard, but everyone said before the game that we were a 30 point better team than the dogs. So that was pretty much right in the end.

We blew them away. We need to learn control.
But go to the Panthers forum and most those guys are whinging about their side as well.

lucablight

First Grade
You're not happy with the amount of points we score? Or just not happy with who is setting them up?
I don’t think you can put up kicks all the time and hope the top teams will screw up so we can get an arsey try. I wouldn’t grant to rely on the opposition making mistakes and having players in the bin for us to get over against the top teams. I’d like the team to demonstrate that they know how to dismantle a defence without relying on luck and opposition mistakes. I don’t think we are there at the moment.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Papalì is maybe one of the best 2nd rowers in the competition. Anyone who think Matterson is close has rocks in head. I don't get the Matterson love. I do not rate him that highly. He is a solid NRL player and nothing more.
Matterson provides 80 minutes of quality every week. He isn't flashy like Papali'i, but consistent and involved like Cordner. His tackle efficiency is over 96% ffs. That's amazing for an edge player. His form is down this year but last year he was one of the best forwards in the game.

But this year Papali'i has been phenomenal. Just behind David Fifita.

strider

Post Whore
Do you feel we have this conversation to often? We never seem to be able to put 80mins together unfortunately.
The Storm put 66 on the Tigers last night .... absolute ass pounding ... they they dropped off a little to let the tigers score 16 ..... most teams dont play a perfect 80

Dont get me wrong, we were poor plenty of times in that first half. I swear at the tv alot. But you gotta ride out a bit of shit at times.

lucablight

First Grade
The Storm put 66 on the Tigers last night .... absolute ass pounding ... they they dropped off a little to let the tigers score 16 ..... most teams dont play a perfect 80

Dont get me wrong, we were poor plenty of times in that first half. I swear at the tv alot. But you gotta ride out a bit of shit at times.
Tell that to Craig Bellamy.

Matterson provides 80 minutes of quality every week. He isn't flashy like Papali'i, but consistent and involved like Cordner. His tackle efficiency is over 96% ffs. That's amazing for an edge player. His form is down this year but last year he was one of the best forwards in the game.
But this year Papali'i has been phenomenal. Just behind David Fifita.

He has been pretty average in attack this year. He can offer more and is very skilful just doesn’t bring it consistently enough

lucablight

First Grade
They have three genuine Origin players, and two of them are in their spine. But our pack is better, and probably our outside backs too.
Moses isn’t an origin player but he’s better than Cherry Evans. Gutherson is bordering on being an elite player but he’s unfortunate to be playing at a time where there are better players than him in the positions he could play.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
A funny thought. St start of season would you take Isiah Papali or Josh Papali?
Of course it is Josh.

But now who would you take? I'll be honest I have never in my life seen an average NRL player explode like this. Is there a better 2nd rower now?
Kikau has gone of the boil, Fifita perhaps but he costs 1.2mill.
Isaiah has been our best signing in 20yrs. Whoever chased him to sign deserves a lot of credit.
Kikau has never been the best. Involvement too low in attack and his defence is poor. But he tops the highlights when his team gets him one-on-one.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just wonder if we look at blooding Penisini and Waqa on wing?
Or do we keep Waqa as is and run with Dunster?

Latest posts