What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread @ BankWest Stadium 20/6/21

strider

Post Whore
A funny thought. St start of season would you take Isiah Papali or Josh Papali?
Of course it is Josh.

But now who would you take? I'll be honest I have never in my life seen an average NRL player explode like this. Is there a better 2nd rower now?
Kikau has gone of the boil, Fifita perhaps but he costs 1.2mill.
Isaiah has been our best signing in 20yrs. Whoever chased him to sign deserves a lot of credit.
Fifita has been lazy horseshit .... Papalii shits all over him

Everyone blows a load when fifita scores a try or 2 ... but they ignore the 4 or 5 against that he contributes to cos he is lazy as f**k

lucablight

First Grade
Is that manly that have their fullback, half back and lock as currently origin players….
Pretty disingenuous mate. That doesn’t prove anything. It’s a 17 man team not 3. As I said before Moses is better than Cherry Evans despite not being an origin player. Our lock and fullback wouldn’t look out of place in origin either.

Eelogical

Referee
You aren't a pea heart, just a f**king gibbering idiot. I've never seen you make a remotely sensible comment about anything rugby league related. I think its best for all that you spend a week at Camp Quality.
Lucky for him it's down Woody Pt way.

Avenger

Immortal
I just wonder if we look at blooding Penisini and Waqa on wing?
Or do we keep Waqa as is and run with Dunster?
What we should be doing is tapping Blake on the shoulder and enquiring to see if anyone else wants him. He has been shit since he came here and has had only half a dozen good games.

Gronk

Staff member
Penrith next game after the All Bye. Then we have a Bye Bye and dive head first into NRLs toughest run home. No more experiments unless forced to.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Pretty disingenuous mate. That doesn’t prove anything. It’s a 17 man team not 3. As I said before Moses is better than Cherry Evans despite not being an origin player. Our lock and fullback wouldn’t look out of place in origin either.

it proves they have better experience/leadership in key positions…..

I reckon if we changed our 1,7, 13 with manly’s we wouId be a better side no matter how much we rate Gutho / Moses and Nrown ….

But our squad is getting there

Incorrect

Coach
I don't know what to make of Waqa. He almost never looks like he's going to try and set up his winger, in fact he looks like he deliberately goes away from his outside man.... And if he plays wing, I get the feeling he wouldn't back himself to go hard for the corner post. The play today in the first half when he had some space and came inside after busting a tackle and then threw a shocking pass to Nrown was awful from what was a promising play.

Gronk

Staff member
What we should be doing is tapping Blake on the shoulder and enquiring to see if anyone else wants him. He has been shit since he came here and has had only half a dozen good games.
He showed last week that he is a different player when he gets time and space. Against good line speed he panics and errors emerge. An experienced Hoppa brought him back to earth today.

lucablight

First Grade
it proves they have better experience/leadership in key positions…..

I reckon if we changed our 1,7, 13 with manly’s we wouId be a better side no matter how much we rate Gutho / Moses and Nrown ….

But our squad is getting there
I think you could make an argument either way.

hindy111

Post Whore

I think he was great the last two games. Very dangerous. Today in the wet no backs looked great in either side. Even your buddy Opacic was terrible.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moses isn’t an origin player but he’s better than Cherry Evans. Gutherson is bordering on being an elite player but he’s unfortunate to be playing at a time where there are better players than him in the positions he could play.
DCE is up there just behind Cleary, imo. I'm starting to agree Gutherson might be elite. He's just not entirely suited to fullback, but might be wasted in the halves.

Eelogical

Referee
He showed last week that he is a different player when he gets time and space. Against good line speed he panics and errors emerge. An experienced Hoppa brought him back to earth today.
If he stopped kicking and squirming when he gets tackled and played the ball faster our stats would look a whole lot better.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith next game after the All Bye. Then we have a Bye Bye and dive head first into NRLs toughest run home. No more experiments unless forced to.

They will most likely be fully fit. We most likely have no Mahoney,N.Brown or Marata.
I hope Brown and Maho ey play so we can gauge where we are at. I think it will be closer then what many predict. Less then 10 points in this one.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Matterson provides 80 minutes of quality every week. He isn't flashy like Papali'i, but consistent and involved like Cordner. His tackle efficiency is over 96% ffs. That's amazing for an edge player. His form is down this year but last year he was one of the best forwards in the game.

But this year Papali'i has been phenomenal. Just behind David Fifita.

I wouldn't put him behind Fifita, he's a better defender, far less prone to lazy efforts, and is consistently in the game.

On his day Fifita's a f**king monster, but Papali'i's worst is a lot closer to his best.

Latest posts