What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD15: Parramata Eels Vs Storm AAMI Park 2pm 22/6/14

TheParraboy

Staff member
Start of a new week, and the eels are sitting one win away from equal top spot on the ladder just after the hallway point of the comp :cool:

A win here and then then we have the Knights at home followed by the bye. Hopefully Hayne and Hoppa pull up ok after origin, rest up and are right to go come Sunday

De Gois will be better for his sole run, and if can get a lot more than 45% of the ball, then out forwards will destoy the Storm

Blue and Parra wins = Smith, Slater misery :D

jono

Juniors
Very pleased Melbourne got up tonight , really would've been desperation stakes for them next week if they'd lost to the tits.
Doesn't make the task any easier for our boys I know , but it's just one less thing to worry about.
Shutting down Smith ,even slowing down his options time , will go a long way towards a win . Their forwards are still a very solid unit but I think their backs may be a little vulnerable if they receive little quality ball.
Enter...BEN ROBERTS!!!!!!!

phantom eel

First Grade
Is Cronk still out injured? Origin win or loss Cam Smith will be tired, Slater the same. Could be a win if we go hard.

Best time to come up against the Storm, whether or not Hayne and Hoppa back up. Can't try the Sandow to the back experiment two weeks in a row though.

1. Hayne (or if injured, Sio)
2. Radradra
3. Hoppoate (or if injured, Morgan)
4. Tonga
5. Toutai (or if injured, Sio)
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. De Gois
10. Junior Paulo
11. Edwards
12. Pauli (assuming Ma'u is out injured)
13. Joseph Paulo
14. Gower
15. Mossop
16. Terepo
17. Tanginoa
18. Kelly
19. Sio
20. Morgan

caylo

Bench
Tautai played well but Sio should come straight back in, he has been better then Semi the last few weeks and knows his way to the try like. I think Gower will start with either Kelepi or Allgood (if his back) will come in. I personally would start Pauli, im not a fan of Gower in the backrow even though his defense is pretty good it kills out attack.

I don't see Slater backing up if as I think he'll just pull through origin and have a very sore shoulder while Smith will back up no questions.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2014/06/17/nrl_team_list_round_15.html

Dyldam Parramatta Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur has named his side to take on the Storm this Sunday afternoon in Melbourne.

Fullback Jarryd Hayne and centre Will Hopoate have been named to return to the side after Wednesday night's Origin II game at ANZ Stadium, while Luke Kelly moves to the bench.

Dyldam Parramatta Eels:

1. Jarryd Hayne (c)

2. Semi Radradra

3. Will Hopoate

4. Willie Tonga

5. Vai Toutai

6. Corey Norman

7. Chris Sandow

8. Tim Mannah (c)

9. Isaac De Gois

10. Junior Paulo

11. Kenny Edwards

12. Pauli Pauli

13. Joseph Paulo

Interchange:

14. David Gower

15. Lee Mossop

16. Peni Terepo

17. Luke Kelly

NRL kicks off at 2pm at AAMI Park, following the 11.45am Holden Cup clash.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kelly as the bench utility??? Interesting that Kelepi hasn't been named in the 20's don't be surprised if he comes into the squad.

forward pass

Coach
I would be starting with Mossop. I think our starting pack lacks 'workers'. Plenty of fancy skills and ball players - not much starch.

Gronk

Staff member
Kelly as the bench utility??? Interesting that Kelepi hasn't been named in the 20's don't be surprised if he comes into the squad.

Do we need him ? IDG played 80mins on the weekend.

IMHO it's a smokey for an injured Hayne. If Hayne travels to Mexico, then a pig will come on to the bench and Kelly will drop off.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do we need him ? IDG played 80mins on the weekend.

IMHO it's a smokey for an injured Hayne. If Hayne travels to Mexico, then a pig will come on to the bench and Kelly will drop off.
I think you are right, but BA did say in the press conference IDG wasn't meant to be play 80 mins on Sunday. Maybe he wants back up but i reckon Kelepi might be thrown in to the squad if Jarryd backs up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The side listed doesn't look like the kind of team Arthur's uses. That is the first time in his 19 game career that he has named a hooker or half on the bench.

Definite smokey, the cunning bastard.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Kelly is on the bench in case hayne doesn't back up, I reckon Kelly will drop of the bench for another forward in hayne backs up. Paulo can give IDG a break

emjaycee

Coach
Imagine the message using Kelepi sends to the rest of the NRL.

"Our forwards just played over the top of the Dogs big pack and we lost our best backrower to a broken arm so we are just going to slide a monster kid in who last year had critics and commentators suggesting could get Rookie of the Year. "

#depth #academy

Gronk

Staff member
Gower provides cover at edge forward. If there is a change I reckon it will be Tanginoa.

Kelepi was used early on as an edge forward, but has been playing prop in reggies. Has BA been improving his skill set for a permanent move or will he slot straight in to the Chairman's side and interchange with Pauli Pauli ?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
We are spoilt for talent. We are oozing talent.

Well, until the next flogging we receive, then we'll be calling for them all to be sacked.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Is Cronk still out injured? Origin win or loss Cam Smith will be tired, Slater the same. Could be a win if we go hard.

Best time to come up against the Storm, whether or not Hayne and Hoppa back up. Can't try the Sandow to the back experiment two weeks in a row though.

1. Hayne (or if injured, Sio)
2. Radradra
3. Hoppoate (or if injured, Morgan)
4. Tonga
5. Toutai (or if injured, Sio)
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. De Gois
10. Junior Paulo
11. Edwards
12. Pauli (assuming Ma'u is out injured)
13. Joseph Paulo
14. Gower
15. Mossop
16. Terepo
17. Tanginoa
18. Kelly
19. Sio
20. Morgan

Cronk not due back for a few weeks yet

I can see Hayne backing up for this one

Latest posts