What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16 2024: Non Parra games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So following your logic Pou, we keep everyone and be happy with being a wooden spoon contender. Yep makes sense
Just like in 2018 we weren't spoon contenders for long. We didn't even need to sack the coach. Seasons like this are part of the cycle for most clubs. Just got to hide your belt and shoelaces and ride it out.

Wally21

Bench
Just like in 2018 we weren't spoon contenders for long. We didn't even need to sack the coach. Seasons like this are part of the cycle for most clubs. Just got to hide your belt and shoelaces and ride it out.
Pou, I know you won’t believe this but I get what you’re saying. The issue is however that a club like ours should maybe win a spoon every 30 years or so. It shouldn’t be something we are staring down the barrel of 6 years after our last one. And 4 in 15 years
I know you get that

The reason we have spots empty is because they would just be filled by the type of nuffy already in our lower grades. Why upgrade merkins from Flegg or NSW Cup (outside the top 30) unless we have to?
In 8 days we have to. Source: https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/

So the point (which no doubt you'll try and avoid) is more, why haven't we looked to or succeeded in attracting players to those spots (like other clubs have in the past four months) before we have to upgrade three of our nuffies?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you were honest you'd admit you know f**k all about what we have left in the cap - about as much as some random guy down the pub would know. Or anyone else on here....
I certainly don't know and never pretended I did. But since we're all speculating, I am much better at inferring missing data from incomplete sets. Some people think we have a lot of space in the cap for this year due to having a couple of positions unfilled. Far more likely is that we have approximately the number of empty slots times minimum salary remaining to spend.
That's because Talagi can't tackle to NRL standard yet.
It's because we have the following players contracted for 2025:

Gutherson
Sivo
Penisini
Lomax
Russell
Brown
Moses

Of those, Russell would be the cheapest, and he's likely the only salary that wouldn't hurt us if it was running around in reserve grade.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
According to some, our Board Directors are beyond reproach because (wait for it...) they're successful businessmen! They done some wanky generic post-grad MBA or such, churned out by money-grabbing universities!

So who are we fans to question whether they know their stuff in steering our club to "success"? 😂
It's a fair point. If we were good enough to judge them, we'd be in their positions, getting access to all the info required to make that judgement. If it's too hard to get your head around that conundrum, just laugh it off.

Chipmunk

Coach
I certainly don't know and never pretended I did. But since we're all speculating, I am much better at inferring missing data from incomplete sets. Some people think we have a lot of space in the cap for this year due to having a couple of positions unfilled. Far more likely is that we have approximately the number of empty slots times minimum salary remaining to spend.

It's because we have the following players contracted for 2025:

Gutherson
Sivo
Penisini
Lomax
Russell
Brown
Moses

Of those, Russell would be the cheapest, and he's likely the only salary that wouldn't hurt us if it was running around in reserve grade.
I'd be shocked if Sivo is here in 2025, and wouldn't be surprised if Brown is not here in 2025 either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, I know you won’t believe this but I get what you’re saying. The issue is however that a club like ours should maybe win a spoon every 30 years or so. It shouldn’t be something we are staring down the barrel of 6 years after our last one. And 4 in 15 years
I know you get that
Two in six years is absolutely too much for even the weakest club. But we are a very different club since 2019. Results before that don't count, for mine. They belong to the old governance structure.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol, sure you didn't...

Lol, sure you are... unless "inferring missing" = making up 😂
That's how analysis works mate. It's not magic. But if you don't understand it, you likely need a lot of education and training to catch up. Maybe start with a graduate certificate in analytics? If it's not too difficult you could use it as credit for a diploma of not being a useless whiny merkin. If you're tapped out with HECS maybe try some sudoku.

That's how analysis works mate.
Poor analysis? Sure.
It's not magic. But if you don't understand it, you likely need a lot of education and training to catch up.
Or just not falling for troll bullshit will do.
Maybe start with a graduate certificate in analytics? If it's not too difficult you could use it as credit for a diploma of not being a useless whiny merkin.
Lol, you know someone hasn't made their point well if they have to resort to quoting random qualifications.
If you're tapped out with HECS maybe try some sudoku.
And if you're tapped out of ability to successfully educate "us merkins", then maybe try this gif...

Fail Black And White GIF

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Poor analysis? Sure.

Or just not falling for troll bullshit will do.

Lol, you know someone hasn't made their point well if they have to resort to quoting random qualifications.

And if you're tapped out of ability to successfully educate "us merkins", then maybe try this gif...

Fail Black And White GIF
You were the one whinging about merkins getting an MBA and having better careers than you. Now you suddenly don't care about qualifications? I agree they are mostly bullshit but you're the one who brought it up.

And yet they're making decisions while you sit at home whinging about them. Sorry, 'laughing about' them.
You seem to think making decisions is something that only people with MBAs do? I'm sure the Borad Directors all blow off steam out of hours in their own way - probably on the mutual wankfest that is LinkedIn, while we're all doing it (and you too) here on LU...
Because you 'still don't care'. You never did, right?
Yep, and yep. You seem to have some trouble comprehending....

Latest posts