What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Dragons LIVE game day thread 28/6/18

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Nothing wrong with the decision, it was perfect imo

The execution was terrible (wrong kicker as well)

A kick would have happened after next tackle anyway. In this 3rd tackle there was a better opportunity, there was severe open pasture to kick a 40/20, their winger was up and FB no where in the vicinity. If no 40/20, a good deep kick chase would have been just as good.

Was a poor kick that's all.

Do that same scenario and scoreline again id back them to kick it deep (or a 40/20) . Maybe Hayne or Moses to do the kick next time though?

So what you're saying is that if it was in the hands of a better kicker it was a good option? I somewhat agree. So that means in the hands of Will Smith, not a noted general kicker, it was a poor decision?

I also reckon the players thought it was the wrong decision. Moses and Gutherson were standing flat, far too flat for a long kick so they obviously wanted to run the ball.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The objective of that set was to give the ball to the opposition down their end of the field. That was what Smith (rightly) decided to do. The problem was the execution, not the decision.

The better option was to wait until 5th tackle to kick the ball. You limit the amount of time that the opposition then has with the ball, you kick it from a deeper position, you get it to a better general play kicker who has been kicking well the entire night.

Smith went for the glory play when it wasn't needed.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The better option was to wait until 5th tackle to kick the ball. You limit the amount of time that the opposition then has with the ball, you kick it from a deeper position, you get it to a better general play kicker who has been kicking well the entire night.

And should not play first grade next match because of it. Send a bloody message BA ffs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If we waited there would have been less space to kick to and more pressure on the kickers. How many of our kicks have rebounded off f**king defenders this year, for no tackle count restart?

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Agreed we were 4 points up, why go the Miracle play???

We were on the 40m line on the 3rd tackle with some good momentum. We’d had f**k all ball the last 5 or 6m.

Norman and Moses has kicked them to death all game why change that???

It was a dumb play from a bloke who shouldn’t be anywhere near the side. The looks on Guth and Browns faces were priceless.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we waited there would have been less space to kick to and more pressure on the kickers. How many of our kicks have rebounded off f**king defenders this year, for no tackle count restart?
Can anyone ever do any wrong at the club according to you???

It was a shit selfish play, Norman and Moses had their best kicking games all season.

chiefy1

Juniors
Agreed we were 4 points up, why go the Miracle play???

We were on the 40m line on the 3rd tackle with some good momentum. We’d had f**k all ball the last 5 or 6m.

Norman and Moses has kicked them to death all game why change that???

It was a dumb play from a bloke who shouldn’t be anywhere near the side. The looks on Guth and Browns faces were priceless.

It was a rookie decision that nobody else knew about. The kick certainly wasn't planned and Moses should have had absolute say in that situation.
Definitely a brain snap.

Bu like I've been saying - we played an absolute bashed up team. It was close but in no way does it mean Parramatta have turned the corner. Under normal circumstances they would have thrashed us by at least 18

I see Will at training go for that sort of thing quite often. Eg going for the sideline on drop outs, or short 10m kicks from drop outs or the kick off, and I've never seen him get it wrong. I'm more pissed off with the forward pass although I haven't watched it again so I don't know whether to blame him or the receiver. Pet play for the side

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

And how many times have Norman and Moses gotten a repeat set this year? Definitely more times than Smith has kicked the ball.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I see Will at training go for that sort of thing quite often. Eg going for the sideline on drop outs, or short 10m kicks from drop outs or the kick off, and I've never seen him get it wrong. I'm more pissed off with the forward pass although I haven't watched it again so I don't know whether to blame him or the receiver. Pet play for the side

Might have got the ok from BA to sneak one in when opposition unaware ;)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He should of kept the play at training, where he belongs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And how many times have Norman and Moses gotten a repeat set this year? Definitely more times than Smith has kicked the ball.
Yeah like I posted yesterday, when Smith does kick he only kicks once per game. His previous two kicks this year were both almost 60 metres. It's a surprise option. Surprise motherf**ker!