What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

Cloeel

Juniors
It's his team and his tactics.
It's on him

"His" team and tactics reflect 2 of many parts that need to be properly managed and improved to have a consistently competitive Team. There are so many other factors that contribute to a teams consistent success

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gutho's best spot is fullback. If we don't want him there then piss him off completely. I'm sure the Tigers or the Titans will be happy to pay him $1M a season.

Happy MEel

First Grade
No the difference is you can see the players’ mistakes and lack of effort. Whatever impact the coach had in an individual game is not measurable. That’s why I only judge them over full seasons. As I’ve said before, Arthur’s only failure was 2018.
Absolute bullshit. You’re just measuring him against your own mediocre indicators and passing it off as gospel. I’m assuming you’d call this season a success if we get bundled out in the 2nd week of the finals. The rest of us wouldn’t. You don’t solely get to set the criteria for success.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Except last night Souths beat us on effort. They won the middle, on both sides of the ball. Of course the coach bangs on about effort. It’s our weak point.
Beat on effort yet again, not great when your main plan is chasing the collision and effort areas hey????

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's his team and his tactics.
It's on him
Simplistic. He gets the team he’s given. As for tactics, it is the easiest part of the game. Play to your strengths and try to cover your weaknesses. His tactics have always suited our team, and have changed with the roster. We played very differently before 2019 for example.

Cloeel

Juniors
Absolute bullshit. You’re just measuring him against your own mediocre indicators and passing it off as gospel. I’m assuming you’d call this season a success if we get bundled out in the 2nd week of the finals. The rest of us wouldn’t. You don’t solely get to set the criteria for success.

How so? He is measuring a team based on a larger sample size than any given game.

Wouldn't a whole season better reflect how good a team is than one game?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
"His" team and tactics reflect 2 of many parts that need to be properly managed and improved to have a consistently competitive Team. There are so many other factors that contribute to a teams consistent success
There are indeed. If we don't fix those then the next coach will struggle as well, just like many more before him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
How so? He is measuring a team based on a larger sample size than any given game.

Wouldn't a whole season better reflect how good a team is than one game?
It sure would. But he’s measuring the team against his own measures of success. I am as well, but my indicators are more demanding. From the comments on this forum, I’d say the majority are with me.
There have even been comments from some in the know that the club may have a higher benchmark this season than Pou.

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t care mate. I support the club, not the players or coach. But I don’t think coaching is our problem, I think our problem is recruitment and retention. We need more toilers in our pack and better go forward from our back three. That’s what suits the current rules.
Yes but if a coach can’t see what works best maybe another can. It starts with the coach who picks his team. He has had many years to pick his and so far he has failed to deliver which is why he needs to go.

Cloeel

Juniors
Yes but if a coach can’t see what works best maybe another can. It starts with the coach who picks his team. He has had many years to pick his and so far he has failed to deliver which is why he needs to go.

You have mentioned Ciraldo a couple of times.

What makes Ciraldo any better?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It would depend who we’re playing in week two, but even then any team is capable of losing on the day. Should we be expected to beat a better team? Or should we be expected to beat teams on our level more than half the time? The problem is most of you think we have a team that should be top four certainties. I don’t understand where that expectation comes from other than hope. We had one f**king player picked in Origin ffs. We have a good team, but there are a couple that are better, and several just as good. Why are we entitled to get to week three of the finals?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He’s not the one building the roster and trying to fit them under the cap. A point that came out of 2016 was that he asked the club to sort out some TPAs to get better players. Obviously TPAs help keep the ones you’ve got. You can’t hang all the club’s problems on the coach just because he’s the only one at the pressers. He’s there because it’s in his job description.

Avenger

Immortal
You have mentioned Ciraldo a couple of times.

What makes Ciraldo any better?
I actually have never endorsed him and have stated that he comes with plenty of risk. I’m not sure about him to be honest. If we had to bite the bullet now I’d probably take Flanagan for a couple of years. However he also concerns me.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Simplistic. He gets the team he’s given. As for tactics, it is the easiest part of the game. Play to your strengths and try to cover your weaknesses. His tactics have always suited our team, and have changed with the roster. We played very differently before 2019 for example.
So a nine year coach doesn't have the team he wants??? Peddle your BS elsewhere. We are the most under coached side in the comp it's not funny. Our attacking and defensive structures are not at a first grade standard.

Spin it however you want the coach is brown bread, him. you or the clueless board are the only ones who don't know it.

Avenger

Immortal
He’s not the one building the roster and trying to fit them under the cap. A point that came out of 2016 was that he asked the club to sort out some TPAs to get better players. Obviously TPAs help keep the ones you’ve got. You can’t hang all the club’s problems on the coach just because he’s the only one at the pressers. He’s there because it’s in his job description.
You also can’t keep reinvesting in a coach with a decades experience who has never even got us to a preliminary final let alone a premiership.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It would depend who we’re playing in week two, but even then any team is capable of losing on the day. Should we be expected to beat a better team? Or should we be expected to beat teams on our level more than half the time? The problem is most of you think we have a team that should be top four certainties. I don’t understand where that expectation comes from other than hope. We had one f**king player picked in Origin ffs. We have a good team, but there are a couple that are better, and several just as good. Why are we entitled to get to week three of the finals?
bill murray GIF

Keep spinning your BS, it's getting stale like your buddy the coach.