What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

WTF merkin? I had $40 on Souths. These players are always a chance of shitting themselves in a nothing game. Souths had the bounce back factor in their favour too. They were red hot. It’s convenient to want to blame the coach though.

The coach motivates the player
The coach creates game plans
The coach picks the side, the captain
The coach picks supporting staff and coaches

This coach CANNOT motivate the team when it is needed.
This coach has been outcoached numerous times this year and cannot change his game plan when it is so obvious it needs to be adjusted
This coach picks the same team over and over again, which leads to complacency and a mindset that nothing needs to be changed
This coach has chosen the wrong captain and the wrong supporting staff

He has been given the chance, multiple chances n fact, to show he is the answer. It is quite obvious that he cannot lead us to a premiership. That is our goal. That is every teams goal. But people like you are satisfied with less than that. That is why we haven't a premiership in 36 years. That is why teams like the Roosters win premiership every so often. They strive to improve, they strive for success, they strive for a premiership.

You and supporters/administrators like you are satisfied with less than success.

Angry_eel

First Grade
The coach is doing a fine job. Grand fianks arent won in July . We are waiting for the final series. That's when we will turn it on. BA is slowly building the team for a September run. Getting them fit and in sync.
I hope you're right but I don't think you are.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'd rather Jnr tbh
Tapine is far more consistent and does plenty of the tough stuff in both attack and defence. I’d find it much easier to follow a merkin who is giving everything in both facets of the game. Paulo definitely has his place in the team though.

Avenger

Immortal
Looks like he’s off contract in November. He’d be my first target if I was coming in as a new coach at Parra. I’d be seeing if I could offload Nrown and possibly even RCG if I had to, to make it work. Alternatively, we could use Nrown’s coin from 2024. If Ciraldo could offload Gutho and lure Crighton over that would be awesome as well. A few of their outside backs wouldn’t hurt either.
Nathan Brown’s last year is 2023.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I cant recall one tackle where our defenders actually forced a Souths attacker backwards tonight. Souths on the other hand did it numerous times to our attack.
Another 30 points against tonight.
Our for versus against is poor year after year. Systems used not only through our NRL team but the whole club simply do not achieve the required result. We have a whole club mentality driven by the head coach that continues to be ineffective. All grades and probably junior teams as well.
Our mantra is "more effort" regardless of the circumstances. Theres an old saying about working smarter not harder. It appears we missed the email.
Except last night Souths beat us on effort. They won the middle, on both sides of the ball. Of course the coach bangs on about effort. It’s our weak point.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s honorable that you are loyal but his days are numbered mate. No chance he lasts until the end of his contract. The time to act is soon.
I don’t care mate. I support the club, not the players or coach. But I don’t think coaching is our problem, I think our problem is recruitment and retention. We need more toilers in our pack and better go forward from our back three. That’s what suits the current rules.

Soto

Bench
I don’t care mate. I support the club, not the players or coach. But I don’t think coaching is our problem, I think our problem is recruitment and retention. We need more toilers in our pack and better go forward from our back three. That’s what suits the current rules.
It's his team and his tactics.
It's on him

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just like it’s convenient to want to blame the players. They’re both equally to blame. The difference is though that the roster has changed over the years and we’ve had players dropped from the first grade side, even this year. The one constant is BA in the coaching role for 9 years with nothing to show for it, so it is completely logical to want a change in that department and focus on it.
No the difference is you can see the players’ mistakes and lack of effort. Whatever impact the coach had in an individual game is not measurable. That’s why I only judge them over full seasons. As I’ve said before, Arthur’s only failure was 2018.

Latest posts