What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

Happy MEel

First Grade
That is straight up misdirection for what I am communicating.

I am not deflecting at all. I am highlighting to your self that the coach has far smaller impact on a clubs long term success than what you constantly go on about. Bench rotations for instance; matter very little in the grand scheme of things.
It didn’t hurt the Panthers. They brought Cleary in to take them to the next level. It seems to have worked out pretty well in the sustainability stakes.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I have read your many many posts for some time now.

You are truly indefatigable.

Irredeemably obtuse. Unquestionably idiotic. But no-one can ever query your stamina.

However, this uninspired stamina is your only asset as an “analyst”, for you have no insight, no vision and no feel for the game of rugby league - and all of this betrays your lack of real life hands on experience in any aspect of the sport.

But take your bows - your ability to outlast more inspired thought with a dogged devotion to the unsuccessful status quo has fortified your self proclaimed status as a “thinker”.

I, however, cannot rejoice in the triumph of your mediocre longevity, as it is reflective of the nature and trajectory of our club.

You (and many like you) are definitely the problem.
Pou’s been analed by the law

Happy MEel

First Grade
That is straight up misdirection for what I am communicating.

I am not deflecting at all. I am highlighting to your self that the coach has far smaller impact on a clubs long term success than what you constantly go on about. Bench rotations for instance; matter very little in the grand scheme of things.
If coaches had such little impact, there wouldn’t be such a discrepancy in cost between the most expensive ones and the least. Simple market forces would take care of that.

We’re constantly told we don’t have the resources to pay for a Robinson, Bennett or a Bellamy. If they weren’t a significant contributor to success they wouldn’t cost so much and we could absolutely afford to bring them in. You can’t have it both ways.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
If coaches had such little impact, there wouldn’t be such a discrepancy in cost between the most expensive ones and the least. Simple market forces would take care of that.

We’re constantly told we don’t have the resources to pay for a Robinson, Bennett or a Bellamy. If they weren’t a significant contributor to success they wouldn’t cost so much and we could absolutely afford to bring them in. You can’t have it both ways.
I dont agree that we dont have the resources but playing devils advocate for a minute... I dont think Robinson, Bennett or Bellamy cost just what their personal salary is. It would be pretty normal for a coach of their calibre to want assistant coaches of their choice and probably a whole heap of other support staff and structures to support them as well.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Irredeemably obtuse. Unquestionably idiotic. But no-one can ever query your stamina.

However, this uninspired stamina is your only asset as an “analyst”, for you have no insight, no vision and no feel for the game of rugby league - and all of this betrays your lack of real life hands on experience in any aspect of the sport.

But take your bows - your ability to outlast more inspired thought with a dogged devotion to the unsuccessful status quo has fortified your self proclaimed status as a “thinker”.

I, however, cannot rejoice in the triumph of your mediocre longevity, as it is reflective of the nature and trajectory of our club.

I like the cut of your jib, I’d like to subscribe to your newsletter. Welcome.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I dont agree that we dont have the resources but playing devils advocate for a minute... I dont think Robinson, Bennett or Bellamy cost just what their personal salary is. It would be pretty normal for a coach of their calibre to want assistant coaches of their choice and probably a whole heap of other support staff and structures to support them as well.
And?? I mean this is what the top clubs do, not hire the dregs of the NRL because our fearless leader is worried by anyone who may be deemed as a threat to his job. It’s his biggest weakness, afraid of surrounding himself with people who maybe just a little smarter than he is. It’s one of the major reasons I believe he will never feet us too that next level.

Cloeel

Juniors

What because he provides facts and stats to back up his arguments? lol

Happy MEel

First Grade
I’m sure they do. But the fact there are “coaches of their quality” suggests there are varying degrees of quality amongst the coaching ranks. That was the point I was making. If on field impact isn’t one of the main measures of success/quality of a first grade coach than I don’t know what is.

Cloeel

Juniors
I’m sure they do. But the fact there are “coaches of their quality” suggests there are varying degrees of quality amongst the coaching ranks. That was the point I was making. If on field impact isn’t one of the main measures of success/quality of a first grade coach than I don’t know what is.

Yes,

But their quality has been enhanced via the strong systems they are in; at present.

A coach is always going to impact an NRL club. It is delusional to think that they have all or no bearing on results. But to what extent is the question?

Some clubs (generally the weaker clubs); the coach would probably have more impact than others. As you would assume the stronger clubs have far better structures that insulate the coach from making too many decisions or changes (good or bad).

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If on field impact isn’t one of the main measures of success/quality of a first grade coach than I don’t know what is.
Quality of the squad and the club is context though. Bennett didn’t suddenly become a shit coach at Newcastle. He just had less to work with.

emjaycee

Coach
And?? I mean this is what the top clubs do, not hire the dregs of the NRL because our fearless leader is worried by anyone who may be deemed as a threat to his job. It’s his biggest weakness, afraid of surrounding himself with people who maybe just a little smarter than he is. It’s one of the major reasons I believe he will never feet us too that next level.
And nothing, like I said I was just playing devils advocate and making it clear it isnt just the actual coaches salary that costs the money.
I would love my $110 lifetime PLC membership to go towards getting the best coach and staff we possibly can, in fact I would pay for a few lifetimes worth if they could guarantee that's how they would spend my money.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And nothing, like I said I was just playing devils advocate and making it clear it isnt just the actual coaches salary that costs the money.
I would love my $110 lifetime PLC membership to go towards getting the best coach and staff we possibly can, in fact I would pay for a few lifetimes worth if they could guarantee that's how they would spend my money.
@hineyrulz would love his $0 to go towards the club fixing everything.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I put it to you that no coach is the solution. The solution is getting and keeping better players. That’s a whole of club effort.
But a coach being able to get the best out of a current roster would help as well, I don’t think this is happening atm.