What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

hindy111

Post Whore
Messages
50,076
So that’s a Yes for being an Arthur???


And it’s more of the same excuses and waffle, you are carrying on like it’s 2012 and the club is an absolute shambles. This squad was tipped to challenge for a title and atm we will struggle to make the 8.


Remember when Jason Taylor took over as coach from Brian Smith and we went on wild run. I think we ended up making the top 8. This is proof coaches make a difference.
 

Cloeel

Juniors
Messages
422
Different coach may see players differently. This could be a good or bad thing.
I for one call bullshit on coaches not having a say on recruitment. If this is true then its very poorly run. I feel the coach would have a large say on who he thinks should be kept or let go and who we need to target.
I feel BA would of been a big part why we went hard for Gutherson and why we let guys like Papali'i and Mahoney go. Id say he felt they where not worth the money they wanted. That's fine. Reed isn't worth 650k in my book either.
If 500k was needed to keep Papali'i id of coughed it up. For me this was the biggest a stuff up. Had we offered him 350- 400k after about 10-12 games for us I am certain he signs and stays.This is where the coach should be involved. He can see what the players are capable of at the gym and training and should be advising whoever does contracts to strike now.

I also firmly believe Gutherson was kept cause BA wanted at all costs. For me it was time to move on from this guy. At 500k he's decent value. At 600k it's fair. But this 750-800k for him. Plain and simple no. On your bike and good bye.

If the coach had no say in recruitment then why did so many credit him with the Watmough and Foran signings? They where two guys BA targeted. This is fact.


Overall BA is a solid coach. When we move on from him I reckon we are a 30% chance of going backwards, 40% chance of staying the same and 30% chance of getting better.
I think it is worth the risk to move on.

If BA has bugger all in terms of talented juniors. Washed up plodders with poor contribution is not unlikely. Hence the situation we are in. We can only pick from the pool we have created.
 

Cloeel

Juniors
Messages
422
So that’s a Yes for being an Arthur???


And it’s more of the same excuses and waffle, you are carrying on like it’s 2012 and the club is an absolute shambles. This squad was tipped to challenge for a title and atm we will struggle to make the 8.


So BA is 100% the issue and another coach will bring us similar success to that of the Storm and Panthers?

Our club unfortunately at the present is not anywhere near the level the Storm and Panthers are at.
 

hybrideel

Bench
Messages
4,018
Didn't Arthur set up our pathways after it was neglected once Brian Smith left.
We got Nolan and the Wiggle on board who were expects at talent identification. What happened to all that?

And while a coaching change may not necessarily help fix the pathways, although in one cases it will if the coach is the one doing it, what it could definitely do is get more out of our current playing group than we are at present
 

strider

Post Whore
Messages
76,887
Hahaha ... funny how different people can use a term .... superstar - to me its like a Thurston, Lockyer, Johns, Smith, Hayne, etc type player ..... I dont know if i would say there are many in the NRL right now
 

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Messages
135,483
So BA is 100% the issue and another coach will bring us similar success to that of the Storm and Panthers?

Our club unfortunately at the present is not anywhere near the level the Storm and Panthers are at.
Who on here is saying he’s 100% the issue??
But he’s a major factor and he’s surely not the solution.

This was a roster that was tipped to challenge for a title. With a settled spine and one of the best forward packs in the comp. The team has gone backwards more than anything you can blame resources or pathways all you like but you refuse to acknowledge the massive flaws in his coaching. His stubbornness and refusal to surround himself with quality assistants is his biggest one IMO.
 

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Messages
135,483
Thats proof a quick dopamine hit can create a short windowl of success that is not sustainable
Like a prelim to a cheating Storm in 07 and a GF loss to them in 09???


Go on admit it you are either related or a friend of the Arthur family. It’s ok we are all friends here you can tell us.
 

Cloeel

Juniors
Messages
422
Who on here is saying he’s 100% the issue??
But he’s a major factor and he’s surely not the solution.

This was a roster that was tipped to challenge for a title. With a settled spine and one of the best forward packs in the comp. The team has gone backwards more than anything you can blame resources or pathways all you like but you refuse to acknowledge the massive flaws in his coaching. His stubbornness and refusal to surround himself with quality assistants is his biggest one IMO.

I didn't say anyone said that he is 100% the issue. Im just asking if you believe he is the sole/main problem? How certain you are if a new coach is brought in; whether or not we would be any better for it?
 

Cloeel

Juniors
Messages
422
Like a prelim to a cheating Storm in 07 and a GF loss to them in 09???


Go on admit it you are either related or a friend of the Arthur family. It’s ok we are all friends here you can tell us.


I would not be fussed either way if BA is given the arse. I am just not convinced it will sustainably improve on field performance and the club in general.

You seem to value BA's impact on the organisation holistically more then i do.

You bang on about "bench rotation" and his lack of tactics etc. but undervalue whether or not the players are as good as you seem to rate them.
 

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Messages
135,483
I didn't say anyone said that he is 100% the issue. Im just asking if you believe he is the sole/main problem? How certain you are if a new coach is brought in; whether or not we would be any better for it?
Nothing is certain but that’s life mate, but keeping BA just because we are afraid of going backwards isn’t the way to go either. We’ve come a long way as a club the last few years and changing a coach isn’t the big deal it may have been a few years back.
 

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Messages
135,483
I would not be fussed either way if BA is given the arse. I am just not convinced it will sustainably improve on field performance and the club in general.

You seem to value BA's impact on the organisation holistically more then i do.

You bang on about "bench rotation" and his lack of tactics etc. but undervalue whether or not the players are as good as you seem to rate them.
You couldn’t be fussed either way?? But you reply to every post by people who thinks he’s time is up. You refuse to acknowledge his short comings and find any excuse possible to deflect away from a 9 year coach struggling to get his team to play at their best on a consistent basis.

Yeah couldn’t be fussed either way

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office
 

hindy111

Post Whore
Messages
50,076
Hahaha ... funny how different people can use a term .... superstar - to me its like a Thurston, Lockyer, Johns, Smith, Hayne, etc type player ..... I dont know if i would say there are many in the NRL right now

Cleary is a genuine superstar. So is Teddy and Turbo. Munster is close. Probably my 4
 

Cloeel

Juniors
Messages
422
You couldn’t be fussed either way?? But you reply to every post by people who thinks he’s time is up. You refuse to acknowledge his short comings and find any excuse possible to deflect away from a 9 year coach struggling to get his team to play at their best on a consistent basis.

Yeah couldn’t be fussed either way

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

That is straight up misdirection for what I am communicating.

I am not deflecting at all. I am highlighting to your self that the coach has far smaller impact on a clubs long term success than what you constantly go on about. Bench rotations for instance; matter very little in the grand scheme of things.
 

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Messages
135,483
That is straight up misdirection for what I am communicating.

I am not deflecting at all. I am highlighting to your self that the coach has far smaller impact on a clubs long term success than what you constantly go on about. Bench rotations for instance; matter very little in the grand scheme of things.
Not deflecting lol. It’s all you do when it concerns your good mate Brad.
 

Legal Eel

Juniors
Messages
138
Didn’t we come out and belt the Roosters right after it?
I have read your many many posts for some time now.

You are truly indefatigable.

Irredeemably obtuse. Unquestionably idiotic. But no-one can ever query your stamina.

However, this uninspired stamina is your only asset as an “analyst”, for you have no insight, no vision and no feel for the game of rugby league - and all of this betrays your lack of real life hands on experience in any aspect of the sport.

But take your bows - your ability to outlast more inspired thought with a dogged devotion to the unsuccessful status quo has fortified your self proclaimed status as a “thinker”.

I, however, cannot rejoice in the triumph of your mediocre longevity, as it is reflective of the nature and trajectory of our club.

You (and many like you) are definitely the problem.
 
Top