What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

the phantom menace

First Grade
Management is responsible for bringing resources to the club. In fact 'management' is itself part of the club's resources.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

emjaycee

Coach
Why we dont have more Origin players is pretty simple...
Here is an infographic that explains it.
1657110590036.png

lucablight

First Grade
I agree but this is the evidence we have. We also have evidence of Eels players getting picked in Origin and then getting dropped. Burton plays for the Bulldogs and he's still in the team. Hayne used to get picked no matter how bad we were and Cleary didn't lose his place when Penrith sucked in 2019. We are top six for the fourth straight year and we have one bloke in Origin. That says a lot about the quality of our squad. Yes we have a few Liam Martins but we only have one bloke in the To'o/Luai/Yeo class. I'd say we have zero in the Nathan Cleary class but Dylan Brown has potential.
NSW lost game 1 so there were going to be players in danger of being dropped. Do you think RCG and Matterson get dropped if NSW win? We got pumped by the struggling Bulldogs and Tigers recently and are coming sixth. It’s understandable why our players aren’t immune to being dropped after playing in a losing origin game. Burton was part of the successful Penrith campaign last season as well as Dally M centre of the year and played in a game NSW won.
Talent wise I don’t think there’s much between Moses and Cleary. Cleary is playing in a dominant team so of course he’s going to get picked ahead of Moses every time.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think people over estimated our players but then again I think Penrith and Storm over rate theirs.
I wouldn't swap Luai for D.Brown. Cleary is the gem. But Moses isn't bad.
Fullbacks are even. Edwards in better form. Not a huge difference between the centres. They have slightly better wingers.
Hooker goes to Korisau. Mainly cause Mahoneys in terrible form.

Matterson vs Yeo. Yes Yeo is better but not night and day
We have better props. 2nd row is also quite close. Kikau and Martin vs Papali'i/Lane

The bench is about the same level.

Yes Penrith get edge in a few spots. It isn't like it's night and day.

hindy111

Post Whore
And I dont care if they are in origin like Crighton. He just doesn't offer heaps more then Blake. I'd agree he is better but not heaps. If played 10 games Blake probably outplays him a few times and matches him a few also.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think people over estimated our players but then again I think Penrith and Storm over rate theirs.
Fullbacks are even. Edwards in better form. Not a huge difference between the centres. They have slightly better wingers.

We have better props. 2nd row is also quite close. Kikau and Martin vs Papali'i/Lane

But they have more money and resources FFS!! Who cares who’s playing that’s irrelevant all of a sudden.

strider

Post Whore

Their wingers shit all over ours

strider

Post Whore
Theres 3 things separating penrith from us
- their wingers are better
- their halfback has a chairlift for when its not all downhill
- their confidence in their ability

Cloeel

Juniors
Theres 3 things separating penrith from us
- their wingers are better
- their halfback has a chairlift for when its not all downhill
- their confidence in their ability

&& Their junior pathways/recruitment system. Which in turn has created consistent high standards and a strong culture

Also there bench rotation is on point to isn't it @hineyrulz ???