What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Leichhardt Oval 9/7/22

Soto

Bench
I like someone on the bench that can capably fill in at 9 and even provide a threat to tiring defence if he only gets limited minutes and I think Rein can do that. By reports he had a good game yesterday too. And Mahoney hasn't exactly been great so less footy might help.
As for Matterson starting from the bench I don't see it as an issue. It seems to be where he's shown his best form for us. And I'd definitely have Cartwright over Opacic but who the eff knows what's going on there.
Cartwright was injured yday so was unavailable.
Matto adds a point of difference hence why i like him starting. It would be good to give Mahoney a spell as he is targeted by the opposition.
Never seen him run over as many times ever.
Plus poor marker defence. Is he already Belmore?

pazzaeel

Juniors
My quick 2 cents:

- referee was shocking
- how were those first 2 try's disallowed and then how the bunker could allow that last Nofaluma try??
- 12-0 up and it could have been a different game
- RCG was woeful - didn't prove fittler wrong at all
- Goodbye Reed. I was unhappy when you decided to leave, but now I wish BA would drop you. service and defence are woeful
- I hope we have a better option than Simonsen next year
- Interesting to see how Guth's future is played out. He really has gone down a rung this year.

Cartwright was injured yday so was unavailable.
Matto adds a point of difference hence why i like him starting. It would be good to give Mahoney a spell as he is targeted by the opposition.
Never seen him run over as many times ever.
Plus poor marker defence. Is he already Belmore?
Wasn't Opacic selected when Cartwright wasn't injured as well though? In any case BA seems well off him.
As for Mahoney I don't know what's going on but I doubt it would hurt to reduce his minutes, even if it just served as motivation.

IFR33K

Coach
Did he have better options at the time?

Maybe we didn’t have better players in NSW cup at the time, but surely in 2018 we had a centre in better form than MJ. I fail to believe we didn’t have 1 player in reserves that couldn’t of done a job when the 4 I’ve mentioned were playing like fairies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don’t think mattters whaf Bea does, this coach and the team are cooked. We are totally making up the numbers. The sooner we all accept this the better, I have roll on September to get another Disappointing season out of the way.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe we didn’t have better players in NSW cup at the time, but surely in 2018 we had a centre in better form than MJ. I fail to believe we didn’t have 1 player in reserves that couldn’t of done a job when the 4 I’ve mentioned were playing like fairies.
Well our NSW cup team list from this time 2018, had Jennings at centre:

The following week, Davis, Auva’a and Aukafolua were back options:

week after Milone was also centre:

Hardly an indication that there were better options, additionally BA did drop Jennings….

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Can you name one?

IFR33K

Coach
Can you name one?

Gary it’s a friggen Sunday mate. I can’t be bothered for your petty shit tbh. Nor do I feel like arguing. All I’m saying is BA is very reluctant to drop a player. If you’re so interested who could of been better, you go search them. You’re the one requesting the info

IFR33K

Coach
Well our NSW cup team list from this time 2018, had Jennings at centre:

The following week, Davis, Auva’a and Aukafolua were back options:

week after Milone was also centre:

Hardly an indication that there were better options, additionally BA did drop Jennings….

MJ was never dropped. He was given a game in Reggie’s to work on things, when FG had the bye.

IFR33K

Coach
I don’t think mattters whaf Bea does, this coach and the team are cooked. We are totally making up the numbers. The sooner we all accept this the better, I have roll on September to get another Disappointing season out of the way.

Nor would it matter who we bought or lost. We’ll just be making up numbers regardless

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gary it’s a friggen Sunday mate. I can’t be bothered for your petty shit tbh. Nor do I feel like arguing. All I’m saying is BA is very reluctant to drop a player. If you’re so interested who could of been better, you go search them. You’re the one requesting the info
Interesting reaction to say the least.

You made the point that BA is stubborn and doesn't drop players. I think one of the factors is our lack of depth (which he is partially responsible for) and I was exploring this with you.

If you cant think of a player that BA should have used to replace the ones that you think should have been dropped then you dont really have much of a point at all.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What exactly are we all supposed to accept? I cant recall anyone on here talking us up as a premiership chance of late.

yy_cheng

Coach
Depends on the circumstances (fail to make finals/first week exit is probably the end of him)….but I would probably let him see out his contract, as I don’t think there is anyone else better at this stage.

the only option I reckon is better is Flanagan, I potentially reckon he would be great for us (from his sharks form, he added that “defensive” edge, we seem to be lacking” / plus he hasn’t coached at a club with “resources”) but there seems something about him we don’t know as clubs seem to be over looking him..

I reckon CC may be overrated by the media and he hasn’t coach anywhere else except the panthers so hasn’t experienced the lows that come with coaching…

If BA sees out his contract and we decide to look elsewhere, I reckon a potential option could be Young, he is highly rated and has coached at more then one club (so knows the lows and highs)….and also rep sides …

I also think Kearney could be an option, hasnt had much luck always going to clubs with poor rosters but seems to be rated !
Re flanno, maybe it's not the clubs but the sponsors

IFR33K

Coach
Interesting reaction to say the least.

You made the point that BA is stubborn and doesn't drop players. I think one of the factors is our lack of depth (which he is partially responsible for) and I was exploring this with you.

If you cant think of a player that BA should have used to replace the ones that you think should have been dropped then you dont really have much of a point at all.

Why is the reaction interesting? Because I don’t get off, attempting to win arguments on the net!

And if you’re going to argue, please don’t fabricate things up. I never used the word ‘stubborn’. I said reluctant!!! At least get some facts correct

Why is it most posters here mention on team list Tuesday, it’ll be a “copy and paste from last week”. It’s because Ba is reluctant to make changes.

Latest posts