What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Leichhardt Oval 9/7/22

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What exactly are we all supposed to accept? I cant recall anyone on here talking us up as a premiership chance of late.
All hope is lost merkin!!

The End is Nigh - Liturgy

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why is the reaction interesting? Because I don’t get off, attempting to win arguments on the net!

And if you’re going to argue, please don’t fabricate things up. I never used the word ‘stubborn’. I said reluctant!!! At least get some facts correct

Why is it most posters here mention on team list Tuesday, it’ll be a “copy and paste from last week”. It’s because Ba is reluctant to make changes.
The reaction was interesting because it felt like an overreaction.

Stubborn and reluctant are interchangeable imo. You've even interchanged them yourself.

He’s stubborn and continues to make mistakes. This was always going to be a physical game. It’s time we go down a different path for 2022. If we all survive that far.

you’re making out as if BA is a Bellamy or Robinson. He’s achieved sweet f all, has made monumental f ups along the way, stubborn and slow to react, can’t improve obvious weaknesses there for all to see and gets his team playing a one dimensional, boring brand of footy. Who’s to say a rookie won’t improve on a coach that’s been here 9 years and still can’t rotate a bench or pick his best 17.

...and I'm not arguing that he doesn't make a lot of changes. Thats self evident. I've just suggested that one of the factors is our lack of depth (which he is partly responsible for).

No need to get funny. I'm just putting forward an alternative view.

IFR33K

Coach
The reaction was interesting because it felt like an overreaction.

Stubborn and reluctant are interchangeable imo. You've even interchanged them yourself.

...and I'm not arguing that he doesn't make a lot of changes. Thats self evident. I've just suggested that one of the factors is our lack of depth (which he is partly responsible for).

No need to get funny. I'm just putting forward an alternative view.

Oh wow how far did u go to dig them up? Ok, so you’re conceding MJ, sivo, Blake and fergo never deserved to be dropped?

Are you of the opinion, BA will make changes when players struggle with form?

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Flanno would be like a dog with two dicks at Parra. I'm certain he'd love to coach us.

Some people said on here that the Tigers aren't interested in him. I think its more likely that he isn't interested in them.
I agree, plus i'd reckon he'd go well here. I have no doubt he'd have us going better than we currently are.

I think Bea's biggest problem is here has been here too long and i really think the players have switched off, last night was a perfect example it wasn't until the binning and we played a bit of Parraball they seemed to get interested. It lasted for about 20 mins and then we went back to plod.

JokerEel

Coach
I agree, plus i'd reckon he'd go well here. I have no doubt he'd have us going better than we currently are.

I think Bea's biggest problem is here has been here too long and i really think the players have switched off, last night was a perfect example it wasn't until the binning and we played a bit of Parraball they seemed to get interested. It lasted for about 20 mins and then we went back to plod.

Flanno would be good as he was here during the Smith years. He would see what worked well then and what we dont have now and fix it.

Last night like you said we switched on for 10 minutes either side of halftime then went back to plodding.

Once again Sivo and Blake didnt get involved rucking it out of our half when the ball wasnt near them I put this down to BA not guiding them from the box..

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Oh wow how far did u go to dig them up? Ok, so you’re conceding MJ, sivo, Blake and fergo never deserved to be dropped?

Are you of the opinion, BA will make changes when players struggle with form?
Not far at all - you use the word stubborn when describing BA all the time. A quick search was all that was needed.

I’m not suggesting that those players never deserved to be dropped. My point is pretty simple - it’s hard to drop someone if you don’t have a better replacement.

That was why I was asking you who you would replace them with - it’s a fundamental part of the discussion which you seem to want to ignore.

I was open to the idea that he should have replaced them but just needed some detail.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Yeah. The energy is lacking at times. Big periods of games where we just go through the motions.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Flanno would be good as he was here during the Smith years. He would see what worked well then and what we dont have now and fix it.

Last night like you said we switched on for 10 minutes either side of halftime then went back to plodding.

Once again Sivo and Blake didnt get involved rucking it out of our half when the ball wasnt near them I put this down to BA not guiding them from the box..
I saw them attempt to do it at times but not enough.

It was fairly half arsed.

I’m sure BA will try and argue that they were using their whole arse…

hindy111

Post Whore
Gary it’s a friggen Sunday mate. I can’t be bothered for your petty shit tbh. Nor do I feel like arguing. All I’m saying is BA is very reluctant to drop a player. If you’re so interested who could of been better, you go search them. You’re the one requesting the info

You should tell him to go f**k himself

IFR33K

Coach
You should tell him to go f**k himself
Not far at all - you use the word stubborn when describing BA all the time. A quick search was all that was needed.

I’m not suggesting that those players never deserved to be dropped. My point is pretty simple - it’s hard to drop someone if you don’t have a better replacement.

That was why I was asking you who you would replace them with - it’s a fundamental part of the discussion which you seem to want to ignore.

I was open to the idea that he should have replaced them but just needed some detail.

well idk maybe you should go back to highlights reels from 2018, 2019 and 2020 for NSW cup to answer your question. When you do let me know your findings.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
What are your thoughts on the game last night?
We did enough to win but weren't convincing. Most of the damage was done when they went down to 12 players.

Struggled out of our own end at times which made it hard for our forwards early. Second half was a bit better when the Tigers tired.

Moses a standout again in attack. Looked dangerous when he ran the ball. Otherwise a lot of our set plays and inside balls were gobbled up by the Tigers defence.

Our right edge defence is still average. We try and come up and in but its easy pickings for most teams. The two tries to Nofaluma were disappointing but 28-12 probably flattered us.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
well idk maybe you should go back to highlights reels from 2018, 2019 and 2020 for NSW cup to answer your question. When you do let me know your findings.
You were the one that made the point. The burden of proof rests with you.

I just think its telling that you've folded like superman on laundry day when asked to explain or justify what you mean.

Anyway, have a great Sunday mate.

Gronk

Staff member
Struggled out of our own end at times which made it hard for our forwards early. Second half was a bit better when the Tigers tired.
You’re the first person in these eleventy pages to give the tigers some credit. I thought they took it to us in defence and it’s a shame that they couldn’t maintain it and the errors that come with inexperienced players and Brooks being dogshit ended up being the difference.

I didn’t think we were as bad as most on here.

OT: Nathan Brown doesn’t look right as he does not seem to be able to get into a full stride. He looks to me like a player who has an injury that needs surgery but he can play through it. I have no facts to back that up, just a hunch.

eel01s

Bench
The two Tigers tries late were to Simonsson imo. Came in twice when Penisini had the center covered.

We only look dangerous when we spread the ball. This one out stuff is easily handled by the defence.

Positives:
Dylan and Lane's combination.
Rodwell
Papa
Gutho in support
Moses running

Negatives:
Passive defence
Inability to slow the play the ball
Lack of power running from kick returns
Poor passing from Mahoney