What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY thread @ Mackay 29/7/21

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Roosters B team still had 3 Origin players and a couple of internationals.

And yes, I do think our roster can play better than what they have been tossing up. We played better against a lot of teams this year and last. I just don't think our squad is any better than a team that should (and probably will) finish around 6th place. That's on the coach AND the players.

I have never said it's not on the coach, but you seem fixated that it's not on the players. Who the f**k dropped the ball with an open line the last 2 weeks - surely not the guy in the number 13 jersey. Must have been the guy in the blue shirt or did he just tell him to do it?
If you read my posts I think Brown is one of the most overrated players in the game, is our roster the best no of course not but it’s a hell of a lot better than what we are ATM.

Our attack is beyond embarrassing now and it has been ordinary in all his time here even though we have had some outstanding attacking players. Down play the roster all you like but at the end of the day it’s on the coach and it’s not and he is not good enough.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If you read my posts I think Brown is one of the most overrated players in the game, is our roster the best no of course not but it’s a hell of a lot better than what we are ATM.

Our attack is beyond embarrassing now and it has been ordinary in all his time here even though we have had some outstanding attacking players. Down play the roster all you like but at the end of the day it’s on the coach and it’s not and he is not good enough.
If we get a new coach I hope they get a few more players that don't keep f**king things up.

That performance last night showed that some of them don't have a f**ken clue.

Happy MEel

First Grade
We can all see that Fergo is passed it. So why drop Dunster after arguably his best game for us?

What the f**k does Ray Stone offer?

Why not keep Lussick on the bench?

Why would you drop Cartwright?

I hate to criticise a kid but why expose your son like that when it's clear he is not ready?

Why has he persevered with Blake again and again?

What the f**k has happened to Nathan Brown? He looks like he's 40 out there.
Agreed on Nrown. He’s a shadow of his former self. His laziness around the ruck led to one of their tries last night. I’d actually like to see us try Matto at lock, Nrown off the bench and Cartwright on the edge. I reckon that improves our attack, which has become obsolete.

Happy MEel

First Grade
We couldn't score because the defence was too good. The reason the defence was too good was because we didn't build any pressure. Our team is built, since 2019, to wear teams down and wait for the defence to make mistakes. It requires execution and patience.
I’d say it’s more to do with our coaching and structures that rely on that game plan, rather than the team. It works fine against shit teams because they usually crumble. Is clear as day though that it’s not good enough against better sides. We shouldn’t be building our whole club around a system that’s limited to beating shit sides.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we get a new coach I hope they get a few more players that don't keep f**king things up.

That performance last night showed that some of them don't have a f**ken clue.
Well it doesn't help when you have the work experience kid leading the attack around, it's embarrassing he is anywhere near the side. I felt sorry for the kid his father has absolutely done him no favours.

Watching us try and put together a set play is like watching a bunch of homeless whino's chase a 20 dollar bill down an alleyway on a windy day.

Last edited:

Snoochies

First Grade
I have us finishing 6th playing the Titans in the first week, then Souths. If we can pull that off we get Storm in the 3rd week. I see what Brad is doing here, we'll go one better this year.

*Backup

Massive difference.

yeah I know he was referring the back up. Even then he’s not ready. Maybe in a few years but the kid is not ready. He’s not the perfect halfback back up. At the moment he’s got nothing and his dad is playing favourites by choosing him and at the same time wrecking his development.

After Opacic got penalised for obstructing the kick chasers, Gutho looked squarely at Opacic and yelled “Stop being a stupid merkin” but his wasn’t autocorrected
Opacic deserved it. But Gutho has been off himself. He’s been shit for the last month. When we need him to step up and help out the young halves he has failed. He has been a part of the problem. His stupid haircut reflects where his game is at the moment - ugly.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have Gutherson, Sivo and Ferguson in the backs. How is that not having strike?

Gutherson is more a 5/8. Have a look at what other fullbacks do. They bust tackles and are damaging runners of the ball.

Sivo has 1 or 2 good charges a game. He bombed another try last night early when Blake got on the outside of Morris he comes back in.

Fergo is had it as an nrl player. Average now.

chiefy1

Juniors
I have us finishing 6th playing the Titans in the first week, then Souths. If we can pull that off we get Storm in the 3rd week. I see what Brad is doing here, we'll go one better this year.

Have you been drinking? Our deficiencies in both attack and defense have become very evident. We are merely a team who are just slightly above average. We'll struggle to beat 8th place

hindy111

Post Whore
He's one of the dumbest players that has ever put on our jersey. I f**king can't stand him.

He was excellent till he went off yesterday. Some nine crunching tackles amd great runs. He broke more tackles then any other of the backs. Made 75mtrs. Ferbo made 68. Opacic 92... Waqa played 30 mins....

He looked good cause we moved the ball. It is the right way to play. The conditions just didn't suit. It is a style we should persist with for last 5 weeks so come finals it will be smoother

IFR33K

Coach
Fergos 200 run meters are a thing of the past. And sivo only fires up if there’s a try line within reach. Oppa, I’m not sure why he’s in the team. Average at best. Waqa has been going well, a shame he got injured. Our halves are providing nothing but errors and 7 tackle sets for the opposition. We need changes.

1. Russell
2. Fergo
3 penisi
4. Drown
5. Blake
6. Gutho
7. Moses

we can’t keep persevering with the same players as last night. It’ll be the same result as yesterday and the finals of 2020. I’d even consider will smith somewhere in the backline. Does anyone still believe drown is a half???

Latest posts